Chapter 15

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 15

(Ella didn’t assume her position before in the company since she’s busy preparing for her wedding. Aaron quits his part-time job because Uncle Chen’s training him at the company making Gui Gui complain for the lesser time they spend together)

Aaron…Aaron...My Aaron I miss you… (Gui Gui playing the keys of the piano, pouting) wah…Aaron…Aaron..My Aaron I miss you…

(Aaron’s silently smiling while watching Gui Gui at the door, then he suddenly sat beside her and play the piano..

Aaron! (Gui Gui happily exclaimed and hugs him) I miss you…

(Aaron stop playing, looks at her and smiled) that much?

(Gui Gui nodded) I thought I won’t be able to see you again today. I really miss you. We haven’t seen each other for three days. Our schedules won’t match since you’re busy training in the company.

(Aaron gives her a kiss in return showing how much he missed her as well)
***

Sir, here’s the result of the investigation about Aaron and Mr. Zhang (the investigator hands over the written report) Based on the DNA test, Aaron’s really a Chen. He’s your nephew. Mr. Zhang framed-up Mrs. Chen and Mr. Yan. When your brother went to China Mr. Zhang planned everything so that your brother would catch them in a very compromising situation. It was because he squanders your brother company money and to avoid Mr. Chen doubts he plotted Mrs. Chen and Mr. Yan’s fake affair and pointed the blame on them. Few years later he established his own company, the Zhang Corporation with the help of your brother. Mr. Yan then committed suicide and Mrs. Chen met a car accident. Mr. Zhang Company’s been losing greatly when he was hooked into gambling. He offered your brother for the merging for the two companies but your brother found out about the embezzled money.

So Aaron’s really my nephew…

I’m going to go Sir; all the details are in the report. If you have any other queries you can call me.
***

(Ella and Gui Gui were in Chun’s office that day. Gui Gui accompanied Ella to meet the wedding planner since Chun got trapped in a meeting)

Aiyo, why do I have to be here?? (Gui Gui commented while eating at Chun’s visitor’s chair while Ella’s sweetly eating with Chun) we should just have eaten at the mall earlier. I miss Aaron already.

(Ella’s uncle suddenly call) Hello, Ella, are you home?

I’m at Chun’s Office. Why?

Can you bring the files about Director Hsu’s proposal? I don’t have time to get it. Aaron’s already here.

Ok. (She ended the call) Honey, I need to go home. Uncle needs something. I’ll bring it over to the office.

Do you need to go? Why don’t you wait for me and I’ll drive you home.

Brother (Gui Gui holding Chun’s schedule) it said you still have two meetings today…and you dare to make her wait for you?!

I’m sorry hon, I just need to finish all those to be free for the wedding preparation. We’ll have a vacation after the wedding so I need to settle things. (Chun looks so guilty for not helping enough for the preparation)

(Gui Gui sighs remembering Aaron) My Aaron’s becoming like brother…so workaholic…

It’s alright. Don’t over work yourself alright. Gui Gui, why don’t you come with me at the Office so you could see Aaron?!

Really??? Wow, that would be so nice. Let’s buy some snacks for Aaron then.

Why don’t you just wait for me? I’ll reschedule the meetings (Chun’s still unwilling to let her go, holding her hands)

I know that’s very important or you had accompanied me earlier if it wasn’t. We’ll just have dinner later, alright?

Brother! Let go…let go...(Gui Gui hits Chun’s arm to release Ella) We’re going to Aaron.
***

My friend, (Mr. Zhang visits Mr. Chen) I just got back from Japan. I heard Ella’s getting married.

Yeah, I’m planning to go back to China after the wedding.

Well, that would be great. Don’t worry about the company since I already gone overseas, this time it’s your turn. I’m going handle everything. What are partners for? (Mr. Zhang said happily, then he noticed that Mr. Chen’s so quiet) or…are you planning to appoint Chun as the Officer-in-Charge? They’ll be in a honeymoon so you must not disturb them.

No! No need for that. I’ll be gone for about two to three days only, Aaron’s under my personal training. It would be great if he can come with me but he still have classes. I’m training him as my successor.

Aaron???

My nephew.

Your…your nephew??

(Aaron comes in the office to talk to his Uncle) Sir, Aaron’s here. (His secretary informed)

Let him in. (Aaron walks in) here he is…

I didn’t know your talking with someone President (Aaron’s calling him President when he’s at the company but Ella insisted that he’ll call him Uncle at home) I’ll just go back later.

No need. Aaron this is Mr. Zhang. This is my nephew Aaron.

I… I didn’t know you knew him. (Mr. Zhang was so shocked)

Ella’s been in contact with him. He really looks like my brother, doesn’t he? (Mr. Chen said mockingly)

(Ella and Gui Gui just arrived at the office, when the secretary informed that Aaron’s also inside the President Office, Ella said not to announce that they’re outside, they will just go inside and ordered her to buy some food since she and Gui Gui already forgot to buy anything)

You really made me believe that you really care about our family. How could you do that to him (Ella’s father)? He treated you like his own siblings but you steal the opportunity for him to have a son, to be with his family…

President… (Aaron was so confused)

You’re a Chen, Aaron. I was really shocked when I saw you; you have a huge resemblance with your father so I investigated about it. (Ella and Gui Gui stand still at the doorway dumbfounded)

So you knew everything?!! (Mr. Zhang’s expression became so dangerous)

Yes. You’ll going to pay for breaking our family apart. The business contract has been terminated already. Right after I received the report the other day.

I won’t allow it! (Mr. Zhang suddenly pulls out a gun)…

Uncle! (Aaron quickly goes to Mr. Chen’s side)

You really disappointed me, we trusted you. I trusted you. You are like a family to us. How can you betrayed my brother? Just for money?

I need money, lots of money…your brother…I just couldn’t get it. Why does he always win??? In everything…successful in the business, he has a loving family. Why can’t I have the things that he has? I just needed money but your brother begun to doubt me so I need to divert his attention and plotted Mrs. Chen and Mr. Yan’s affair. (Mr. Zhang laughs. Aaron tried to call but Mr. Zhang pointed the gun to him.)

Tsk!tsk! don’t even try about that. You! You ruined everything! I already planned out everything. After your sister’s wedding I’m going to encourage your Uncle to go back to China and leave the business to me. But you showed up. You completely ruined my plans (Mr. Zhang said crazily)
You’re crazy! (Ella suddenly said) How could you do that to my father?

Aaron… (Gui Gui tried to come closer)

Don’t move or I’ll shoot him…(Mr. Zhang turns to Gui Gui and Ella but still pointing the gun at Aaron) your father was really gullible, believing me more than his own wife.

(Mr. Chen tried to knock him off while his attention is at Ella but Mr. Zhang’s reflexes are good. He hit Mr. Chen with the gun handle making him unconscious. Aaron tried to do the same but was kicked by Mr. Zhang.)

Aaron… (Gui Gui called him crying)

Uncle! Aaron! (Ella called)

Don’t move. Too bad, this office’s a sound proof. I can just kill you all and let your brother be blamed for everything. Just like in the movies, I’ll shoot you one by one and put this gun on Aaron’s hand.

(Gui Gui tried to attack but been slapped, she hits the wall. Ella quickly sees if she’s alright)

You’re really evil!! (Ella shouted)

(Aaron silently stands up and tried to knock him off again but he was punched by him)

You’re really testing my patience. Hmm, why don’t I finish you off first? (Mr. Zhang pointed the gun again to Aaron) Just tell your parents I said hello…

Aaron!!!! (Ella and Gui Gui both scream before running to Aaron)

Bang!
***