Chapter 4

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 4

Good Morning Miss Gui Gui! Breakfast is ready.

What kind of breakfast is this?! The bread is so toasted, burnt eggs and bacon; even the dog won’t eat these.

Uhm, I’ve got a little difficulty operating the stove, it’s quite complicated. I’m not used to it. I’m sorry.

(Chun sits quietly and observes Ella) She looks familiar (he remembers “that” night) Ah, she looks a little different. So she really run-off. Let see what she’ll do next.

Ella…

(Ella turns to Chun; Do he remembers about the last night? she was so nervous)

Ahm, Master Chun, about last night…

Ah! Last night you hit him so badly, so (Gui Gui hits her with the spoon) ^_^

Ouch! (Ella glares at Gui Gui, she noticed at Chun’s still staring at her) Ahm, Master Chun (she nervously start)

(Gui Gui suddenly appears between Chun and Ella. She looks at Ella and then Chun, Chun and then Ella, Ella and then Chun)

(Gui Gui whispers to Ella) You! Why are looking at him? Did you seduce him last night? Huh? Huh?

No! of course not Miss Gui Gui

Don’t dare have a crush on him!! (Gui Gui whispers again)

What are you two whispering about? I just wanted some coffee…

Yes master Chun, (whew! I thought he’ll talk about last night)
***

Master Chun?! Are you awake? You’re going to be late; Mr. and Mrs. Wu said that I should wake you up if you’re still not awake at 6:30 AM. (She enters Chun’s room)

Huh!? He’s not here… He’s room looks so nice. The bed looks so warm (she walks closer to the bed to feel it), I suddenly miss my room (She sit at the edge of the bed and thinks about her former room and sigh when Chun suddenly walks out from the built in cabinet)

What are you doing?

(Ella was surprised and quickly stands up) I was just checking…if..if.. (she stuttered because she saw Chun’s upper body since Chun’s not yet wearing his shirt)..if you’re awake. Mrs. Wu said I should wake you up. The breakfast ready, (she quickly walks right to the door when she tripped , Chun tries to catch her but fall out of balance)

Blog!

(Gui Gui quickly goes to Chun’s room and saw Ella on top of Chun)

Wah, what are you two doing?!

(Ella keeps her eyes shut) I didn’t see anything. She quickly went out of the room.

Brother! What’s the meaning of that? You can’t like her! (she begins her monologue: If brother likes her and she obviously likes brother, and then they would love each other, and they would get married and then..)

(Chun gently hit Gui Gui’s forehead) Stop dreaming. Get ready for school. I don’t want to be late waiting for you.
(Chun continues dressing)

That Ella! I should do something to avoid any development between them!
***

Ella was cleaning the kitchen when Gui Gui arrived that day, she was observing Ella, a mischievous smile on her lips.

Sister Ella (she sweetly called her)

Uh, Miss Gui Gui, you’re here. Do you want snacks? I’ll prepare some for you.

Ok, bring it at the dining table. (when Ella’s serving the food)

Aiyo, what kind of snack is this? You really don’t know how to cook. Hmm, I just notice that you’re not wearing any uniform. So... (She suddenly bring out a set of uniform) Look! It’s really cute.

But Miss Gui Gui, the skirt is too short.

It’s ok, it will fit you perfectly. I also brought some bunny headbands and stockings. It’s really nice.
But (Ella would like to protest but Gui Gui put her finger to )

Shhh, you have to wear this ok! I’m not eating anymore, I’m going upstairs

Why do I have to wear this??? I’ll look stupid. She’s really testing my patience. And she didn’t even take a bite on the sandwich.
***

One day…

Ella, can you help me bring this (Ella was about to get it when Gui Gui snatch it away)

Another day…

Ella, can you help me find my pen and bring it to me. I think I left it at the library. I’ll be upstairs, (he’s talking to one of the company director at his phone)

You! Go to the kitchen and prepare dinner, (Gui Gui whispers and proceed looking for the pen)

And another day…

Master Chun, here’s your coffee. I’ll go to the grocery later.

I’ll go with you I need to buy something.

Brother, I’ll come along. I need to buy something too.
***

Chun! You’re not going home yet? You look so tired. It’s Saturday tomorrow you should take a rest.

I’d rather come to work, staying at home would be terrible.

Is your little sister troubling you again, she loves to be around you. I thought you have a new housekeeper. She can keep her company.

Gui Gui’s not always around me at home. She’s always around Ella.

Hmm, that’s new. Maybe they have instant sisterly companionship.

Aiyoo, they’re bickering wholeday. It’s been two weeks already, I thought I just have one kid at home. It turns out that the housekeeper just like my sister, their attitudes are too similar. Why did my mom hire her?!

Ahaha., but at least you could get out without worrying about Gui Gui. Looks like she got herself a new playmate.
***

Gui Gui someone post this at the bulletin board. It’s about changing the management of the school paper and redirecting some of the school budget to improve the quality of the news and radio club. I think you know post this again.

Oh! And Gui Gui, the dance studio...

We’re going to relocate, the Taekwondo club will take over the place.

What?? Gui Gui scream

Aaron’s also the club president.

That Aaron is really challenging me. I’m declaring war. Mei Mei, find out every little information about him, I’ve got to prepare before going to war.

After few hours... (The girls reporting to Gui Gui)

He’s the school top male student.

President of the Taekwondo Club

He can play the piano

He’s basketball’s team captain

He’s a part-time worker at the canteen

Aaron’s really cool (the girls commented)

Aiyoo, that’s not what I need, Gui Gui protested.

But Gui Gui ...He’s perfect . I want to marry him already (one girl dreamily said, when Mei Mei said something that catches Gui Gui’s attention)

Hmm, he’d broken the hearts of many female students. According to his friends, he’s really pissed off when girls woo him because according to him, he has a girlfriend. But no one has seen this girl.He’s disappears when his not in a good mood and...

Wait, wait, wait.. so you mean he doesn’t like when girls follow him around? Gui Gui asked

According to this (Mei Mei pertaining to the report) Yes, because it’s very distracting.

That’s it! Hmm, that Aaron, be prepared. I’m going to court him. Gui Gui declared

What?!? (the girls scream)
***

Aaron, you post something again? Why do always angered Gui Gui?

Do you like her?

If Aaron likes her, how would I compete? I haven’t even told her I like her.

It’s nothing personal, it’s just that I have always read the school paper at the library and I think they really need to improve as well as the radio club.

(they saw Gui Gui’s group approaching them)

Aaron! Are you the one who wrote this?

Are you going outrageous again, because of that?

She smiled to sweetly. Aiyo, it’s really cool. Do you want to be part of the news team? It would be great; I’m planning to recruit members from different departments to widen the scope of the paper.

I’m not interested.

Don’t be like that, we’ll be able to often meet each other if you join the team. C’mon

You’re just accusing me the other day of putting a scheme to meet you, but it looks like you’re the one who likes me (crowd cheering!)

Right! Since you’re the only one who dares go against me, I decided to like you. (Crowd cheering, Go! Gui!Gui!)

I already had a girlfriend.

I don’t care; I will steal you away from her. So, watch out! Before you know it you’re inlove with me.