Chapter 11

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 11

So, you are his girlfriend. Aiyo, it’s a pity. I’m just anticipating on how I would meet you. (Remembering on how she was supposed to do. She noticed Aarons’ necklace)

Oh, you’re wearing it. But…(she took off the necklace on her)

Ah, that’s mine. I thought I’ve lost it. (Gui Gui exclaimed then looked at Aaron) but why do you have the other one?

How did you get this? (Ella asked still holding the necklace)

Brother, gave that to me (Chun looked at Gui Gui) er, I got it from his room.

So it fell that night. (Ella and Chun looked at each other remembering the first time they met)

Hey, hey (Gui Gui wave her hand between Chun and Ella) stop daydreaming both of you. We’re still here. Why do have that necklace?

This is my birthday gift to Aaron. It’s a very unique couple necklaces, my friend Selina designed this. I lost this at the party.

You’re the owner of that necklace? You have couple necklaces? That can’t be. Aren’t you two siblings?? So you’re not really blood-related? You have a relationship? (Gui Gui panicked and then she noticed Chun still busy checking on Ella’s injury) Brother! How can you not react? (Chun looked at Gui Gui with a very passive expression, like he wasn’t aware of Gui Gui’s fuss. Ella laughs. Aaron calm her)

Hey, hey, enough. Stop jumping into conclusions, you’re mind’s flying so far I can’t catch up.

Aaron’s Ella’s half-brother. They’re really siblings. (Chun in) You’re really weird giving him that. When I got it that night, I thought you have a boyfriend. (Chun looks at Ella)

It’s a long story. I didn’t intend to buy it both. I just have this feeling that it belongs to Aaron. I fell inlove with it the first time I saw it. Gui Gui, don’t worry, my brother is all yours. Here (Ella hands the necklace to Aaron urging him to give it to Gui Gui)

Wow, we already have a couple necklaces. (Gui Gui said happily) But, Sister Ella if this was originally yours, why did brother has this? You said you’ve lost this at the party…(then she remembers that she got the necklace after the party organized by President Chen and the suppose engagement of President Chen’s niece to Jiro). You are that guy’s (Jiro) girlfriend who runs away???

She’s not his girlfriend. That’s just an arranged marriage. (Chun protested)

Brother, you knew all along? Why didn’t you tell me? How come you’re siblings? Aren’t you an only child? (Gui Gui asked again)

Alrigh, alright. I’ll explain everything (Aaron breaks Gui Gui questions) How can my sister rest if you keep asking questions? Come here (pulls her to his side) we’re just outside.

It’s alright.
***

(Since then the four them really becomes so close. Ella and Gui Gui discovers that they have a lot in common as well as Aaron and Chun. Chun’s not going to the office during weekends anymore; instead the four of them use the time to bond with each other. They do the grocery together and Gui Gui’s always been fooling around at the supermarket. Aaron usually cooks during weekend because when they played basketball, the loosing team shall be in charge of the meals and because Ella and Chun both love basketball they always win although Gui Gui always tries to cheat.)
***

(Gui Gui and Ella are at Aaron’s place one Saturday)
Sister, is it alright if you’re still staying there? You can stay here.

Aiyo, why are you saying that? Sister Ella’s fine at home. She’s been there for so many months, what are you so worried about?

It’s different. She’s now your brothers’ girlfriend (Aaron’s implying that it opens opportunity for Ella and Chun to be more intimate since they’re staying on the same house)

So..??? (Gui Gui still so clueless) Uh, (Gui Gui spills something on her shirt. She runs to the bathroom to wash it)

Aaron, I’m still older than you. (Ella glare at him)

You haven’t resolve the issue with Uncle Chen, I’m just worried it would worsen the situation if you’d bring another person (her child) when you go back, your uncle would really be furious about that.

Aaron Yan! (Ella pinched Aaron’s face) what are you thinking? Huh? Huh?

What are you two talking about? (Gui Gui in)

(Ella turns to Gui Gui) Gui Gui, you haven’t gone here alone before, have you?

Er…

Sister, I’m going to cook. What would you like to have? ^_^
***

(Ella went to Chun at the Office since it was a Saturday leaving Gui Gui and Aaron at Aaron’s place)

Ella, hello. Long time no see. (Calvin greeted her)

I haven’t been here for a while.

Yeah, and Chun’s not working during weekends lately. If the meeting’s not that important I bet he’s at home right now. I’m going, the meeting’s almost over, just wait for him here.

Where’s Gui Gui (Chun asked when he arrives), aren’t you two going to the mall?

She’s with Aaron, we went to his house. Have you had lunch? I brought some dishes.

Is it ok to leave those two alone?

Aiyo, trust them. They know their limitations.

(Chun suddenly pulls Ella, sitting her on his lap) Can I have you for lunch instead? (He asked before giving her a light kiss)

Chun, do you think it’s time for me to go back? I want to freely enjoy my time with you and I want you to meet my Uncle. But I’m still worried, I called Selina last time and she said Uncle and Jiro went there to inquire about me.

Mom and Dad would be home soon. We’ll settle the issue with Jiro and your uncle when they arrive, ok. Dad knows President Chen and Mr. Wang, it would be easier if he’s here. Since, I think they are still pursuing the wedding, we need to be more careful and I heard President Chen’s decisions are hard to alter.
***

That Daya still likes my Aaron (Gui Gui glances at Daya talking to Aaron at the canteen)

What do you think about the activity? It would be nice to hold the competition outside the university. We can invite other universities to join. (Daya asked Aaron)

I think it would be fine. We need to finalize that before the month ends. I’ll see you later. (Aaron approached Gui Gui. Gui Gui’s imaging a match with Daya where she beats her.)

Hey! You look so silly.

Uh, I’m just thinking about something. Why is she here?

She’s discussing something about the upcoming competition.

Hmm…she like you…doesn’t she? (looking intently at him)

What are you talking about?

Did she confess to you? Did you like her before?

You’re really cute when you’re jealous.
***

(Aaron’s been talking to Daya at the club to finalize the things they need to do before the competition. Aaron noticed that Daya’s a little unwell)

Are you alright? You look tired.

I’m fine. Just a little exhausted practicing with the new members, you’ve been busy with your other clubs that you merely go here to practice with them. (She smiled at him)

You did a good job. Since you’re going to be the next club president, it would be fine (he ).

Your girlfriend’s going to eat me alive if I keep talking to you.

(Gui Gui glaring at her. Still flirting with him? She whispers)

(Aaron laughs) I hope you two could be friends. She can help you a lot. Why do you dislike her anyway? My girlfriend’s too cute and kind to be your rival.

Alright, stop patronizing her. I was just pissed off the first time I saw her, she really did come here just to be with you. You know I really love the club I want to have quality members and not just those who wanted to stalk somebody they like.

I get it, I get it. Teacher must give you an award for that. (He teased) Eat with us later so you two could have a chance to chat.

(Gui Gui and Daya had a sparring but since Daya’s exhausted she fainted. Aaron brought her to the nurse station causing Gui Gui to be jealous again)
***

Gui Gui, what happened? Why do you look so sad? Where’s Aaron? (Their friends asked when she arrived at the canteen alone)

Gui Gui pouts, thinking that Aaron’s with Daya for a long time already

Aaron! (one of the boys called him when he shows up)

I’m just getting something to eat for Daya, she fainted earlier while sparring with Gui Gui earlier.

(Gui Gui thinking that Aaron’s blaming her for Daya’s condition walks out)

Gui Gui!!!
***

(Aaron found Gui Gui at the old piano room crying. He sat beside her and started playing the piano. When he finished, he turns to her, cupped her face and dried her tears)

Why are you crying?
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt her. Although I’m really jealous at her, I didn’t purposely hurt her.

(Aaron hugs her tightly) Stop crying, she’s just exhausted for the preparation of the competition that’s why she fainted. I’m not blaming you. No need to be jealous about her. How could I like other girl if I have the cutest, the smartest and the most lovable girl in my arms? (He hugged her). You’re such a cry baby but you’re really cute when you’re jealous. (He pinched her nose).

(Gui Gui looked up at Aaron) Hmm, alright, just don’t show your y smile with her and don’t stare with those lovely eyes. They’re just for me.

(Aaron laughs) you’re so silly.

I’m serious or she would really fall inlove with you.

What’s with you two?

I just can feel it. She likes you.

(Aaron went to the nurse station to check on Daya with Gui Gui. She assured her that she didn’t like Aaron anymore but she did like him before, since she knows that Aaron’s inlove with Gui Gui she’d back off. Gui Gui promised to help her about the upcoming competition in return.)
***

(One day, Ella’s at home alone when a visitor came)

Hello, I’m Angela…
(Angela wanted to meet Ella since she heard from Chun’s and hers common friend that Ella’s his new girlfriend. She wanted to ask Ella to help her apologize to Chun. She has no courage before to apologize to Chun after what she did to him)