Chapter 9

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 9

Hello, what? You still haven’t found her?

We are doing everything sir to find your niece don’t worry.

It’s been months already and I’ve been wasting my money for nothing? Find her soon.

You’re so worked up my friend, stop worrying (Mr. Zhang commented)

The Wang’s are worried about the wedding already. Ella’s been difficult to handle since her father died.

I heard she’s really close to her father when he was alive. You are handling the business well and she’s not really interested with the family’s business.

That’s why I wanted her to marry Jiro, he’s trained and I know he can handle it. If only you have a son that can marry her I would rather choose your family since you’ve been my brother’s good friend. I’m not going to be here forever; sooner or later she or her husband would take over. If only my brother had a son, I won’t be so worried like this and I won’t pressure Ella too much.

(Mr. Zhang thinking, it’s a good thing he’s been staying in China before so he doesn’t know about the conflict between me and his brother. Luckily no one knows that Aaron’s really his nephew, Aaron’s a Chen. So, before he finds Ella, I need to be in full control of the business)
***

(Should I tell her the truth, that I know her real identity and that I already like her?)

Chun, what do you think of the proposal?

Huh,…ahm, It’s alright. I’ll review the details and we’ll discuss it again next meeting. Ok, meeting’s adjourned. (All the staffs are gone, only Calvin’s left)

Who are you? Where’s my friend? (Calvin teases him). You’re so obvious; your mind’s flying somewhere.

It’s nothing. Let’s go home.

It’s still early, hmm, you’re always hurrying home lately and take note you even took a day off. That’s new. So, is she waiting for you to watch a basketball match (still teasing him)

Aiyo, I’m just a little worried, she’s been sick and I think there’s something bothering her these past few days. I already told you her identity; I think she’s worried about the business partnership with the Zhang.

But isn’t the late President Chen and President Zhang good friends. I don’t see anything wrong about it, maybe her uncle wanted to continue what her father started with the Zhang Corporation.

I don’t know, I feel that there’s something wrong.

Right I remember you told me she has a brother. I read one article about the late Mrs. Chen in a nameless newspaper; the article said that Mrs. Chen was caught by the late President Chen with the family’s driver. I think it was President Zhang who was with President Chen when the incident happened. After that no other article has been out. President Chen’s been very careful about his family issues, even Ella has never been mentioned in any news. And about two years ago, news came out that there will be a merger between the Zhang and Chen however, President Chen suddenly announced that they will expand their business in China instead, that’s been managed by his brother the current President Chen, Ella’s uncle.
***

(Uncle and Mr. Zhang’s getting along well I always saw them in the business news, but I clearly remember dad told me to be careful with him. Soon, I need to talk to uncle to clarify things.)

Hey, come back to earth. (Chun gets the attention of Ella)

Uh, I’m sorry. What it is again?

I said your cooking really improves a lot.

Thank you. (She still looks distracted)

Is Gui Gui alright already?

Yes, she happy these days, not arguing with me. I think she made up with her boyfriend already.

That’s good. Uh, what? She had a boyfriend? I need to talk to her.

Aiyo, she’s already sleeping.

She dare have a boyfriend without telling me.

That’s alright. It’s great to fall inlove. She’s so happy, she’s always smiling. Unlike you, you’re always working. You need to go out sometimes. There you go, still so absorbed with your work. Why don’t I help you instead, I’m bored just watching you and I’m not yet sleepy.

Ok, here. You can encode this.

(Ella’s about to go to the table to encode but she tripped because of the laptop’s cord, Chun instantly catch her, holding her waist, so close. She looked into his eyes and he’s staring at her. The next thing she knew Chun’s lips’ against her. She can feel her heart beating so fast, she involuntarily closed her eyes)

Do you remember me now? Chun asked her huskily
(She opens her eyes to be greeted by Chun’s loving gaze and finally she remembers the first time they met) It was you…the guy at the party.

Yes (he answered before claiming her lips for another passionate kiss)
***

So you knew I was pretending all along. (Ella laughs. They’re still in the library, cuddling each other.)

Uh uh, you didn’t even recognized me (He’s playing with Ella’s hand) while I was always been hunted by our kiss. You’re so silly trying to climb that wall back there.

Aiyo, I really can’t stand being with uncle and Jiro at the party. They’ll make me go crazy. You also knew about the supposed engagement?

(Chun laugh) I hinted that since you’re the only trying to escape that party and you’re fiancée gone crazy looking for you that night.

Stop teasing me, I only met him once and he already wanted to marry me, I don’t even like him.

That’s good; I won’t return you to him then. (He hugged her tightly and kissed her)
***

Good morning (Gui Gui greeted them. Ella’s happily preparing the breakfast and Chun’s already at the table)

Hmmm, the atmosphere a little weird. Brother, you wake up earlier than me today. (When she sits at the dining table she noticed the glances between Ella and Chun)

You’re too happy today (she’s talking to Ella)

(Ella remembers that Gui Gui warned her not to like Chun. Her expression becomes worried)

Alright! No need to hide it from me (Gui Gui suddenly said and then popped out a picture from her uniforms’ pocket. It was a picture of Ella and Chun at the library last night, she saw them when she went to drink some milk and decided to took a picture)

Brother, you’re so unromantic. In the library, gosh!

(Ella blushes and Chun snatched the picture from Gui Gui)
You shouldn’t be meddling with others’ private business.

Hmft, I just thought you’re too cute; I couldn’t help taking your pictures. Alright, I’m sorry. I’m going to school, no need to drive me there, go on with your loving loving.

Hep, hep, hep…is there anything you want to tell me?

Nothing…

Are you sure? (Chun looking intently at Gui Gui) hmm???
(Ella laughs when Gui Gui suddenly turns red)

Alright! I’ll let you meet him one of these days, just let me have him for myself for a while. I’m sure you’ll like him, you can play basketball together, he’s our basketball captain, and he’s so handsome. Hmm, and we can have a double date.

Alright, alright you’re mind gone a long way already. Go now.

Bye bye Sister Ella (she . Before going out of the door she turned back at Chun) Brother, remember to lock the library’s door next time. ^_^
***

It is Gui Gui’s dance sport competition but Chun and Ella won’t be able to watch since Chun has a very important two days out of town conference and Gui Gui insisted that Ella should come along. Ella and Chun called Gui Gui to wish her good luck. Aaron’s at the audience with their friends.
Gui Gui runs straight to Aaron at the audience when the host announces that they won.

We won! We won! (She said happily hugging Aaron)

Why do you have to wear such clothes…he’s touching your .

Hmm, are you jealous???

Aaron unexpectedly pulls Gui Gui and kiss her, as if silently telling everyone that she’s his. When his lips touch her, everything doesn’t seem to matter to her anymore, it doesn’t matter if she wins or not, it doesn’t matter where they are. All that matter to her is him, his scent, his kiss. She can hear the beating of her heart or is it his heart against the loud sound inside the hall and she knows that her heart will always belong to him.
***

What are you thinking? (Ella’s at the balcony of the hotel. Chun kisses her cheek and hugs her behind)

I want you to meet my brother when we go back.

No problem.

I’m worried about my uncle.

Do you think he’ll like me? Chun asked.

(Ella turns around and put her arms around Chun’s neck) Why won’t he like you?

Remember you’re about to get married.

Aiyo, even if I have to hide in Alaska or in Africa I'll hide just so I can’t marry him.

Should we elope instead?? (Chun teased)

I hope uncle would just erase that idea and let Aaron manage the business instead.

Aaron?

My brother, I just want him to be freely be part of my family.

Alright, don’t be sad anymore. C’mon give me a smile. I’ll give you a present in return.

(When Ella smiled at him, Chun kissed her. Her mind went blank; all she could hear is the beating of their hearts, with the same rhythm. She wished to stay forever like that with him; it feels right, so perfect)