Chapter 17

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 17

Chun… (Ella whispers while curling her fingers to his hair)

Ella! Honey, Oh! God… (Chun quickly hugs her and cries)

Ah… (She gently groans when Chun hugs her. Chun softly release her and continues to cry) Why are you crying?

Honey… (Chun called her still crying)

I’m not yet dead and I don’t want to die because of drowning. You’re going to fill the room with your tears (she tries to joke)

(Chun looks at her and she gently wipes his tears. He kissed her hand and holds it while looking at her intently) Thank God you’re awake.

(Ella smiled) I haven’t walk down the aisle yet… I still need to prepare for my wedding.
***

Sister! (Aaron runs to Ella’s bed and hugs her. All of them immediately go to the hospital when Chun notifies that Ella gains her consciousness)

Ouch…Hey, hey…Ooops… Don’t cry. I just had this scene earlier; I don’t want a repeat performance (Ella tries to lightened Aaron’s mood when she noticed that he becomes teary eyed)

Sister Ella!

Hello my beautiful daughter-in-law! (Gui Gui arrives with her parents with flowers, fruits, balloons and baskets of foods)

Wow, are we having a feast here? (Ella smiled)

We just thought you’d be very hungry since you haven’t eaten anything for one whole day. (Gui Gui answered while putting the flowers in the table beside her bed). You need to regain your strength soon. And my Aaron also… (She turns to Aaron) he haven’t eaten properly…and also brother (Ella glanced at Chun sitting beside her bed still holding her hands)

Alright! Everybody eat! (Mr. Wu announced)
***

Where’s Uncle? (Ella asked Aaron. Ella forced Chun to go home and take some rest. Chun is so unwilling to leave her but she assured him that she’s alright and Aaron and Gui Gui will be with her until he comes back. Mr. Wu went to the office for an important meeting while Mrs. Wu accompanies Chun home. Gui Gui went out to buy something)

He’s talking to someone regarding the case of Mr. Zhang.

Aaron…how are you feeling? Aren’t you angry for discovering that you’re really a Chen and yet dad didn’t acknowledge you?

No... I’m just regretting that I didn’t have a chance to spent time with Dad. Mom and Daddy Yan have been good to me when they were alive. (Aaron holds Ella’s hand) and you’ve been so good to me. I feel blessed having you around and now I have Uncle Chen.

You’re really very understanding.

And me! You have me…(Gui Gui interrupted, entering the room. Aaron releases Ella’s hand and puts his hand on Gui Gui shoulder. Ella smiled at them)

Sister Ella, you should take a rest. The doctor said you must take a rest and also Brother, he strictly reminded me to let you rest (Gui Gui turns to Aaron) let Sister Ella rest.

We’re just talking (Aaron and Ella answered)

Aiyoo, you’ll have all the time in the world to talk. Don’t bother about that now. Rest.

***

Honey…what do you think of this? Do you like it for the wedding invitation? (Chun asked Ella. Her wedding designer is taking her measurements. Chun insisted that the wedding coordinator, the designer and everyone needed for the wedding went to Ella’s house instead of them going to their respective offices/boutiques)

Hon… (Ella called him looking a little bit uncomfortable) why do you bring them here. We can go the boutique instead.

You’re not yet fully recovered. I don’t want to tire you. Let them be, I’ve already talk to them. Just tell them what you want.

You’re very lucky with your fiancée (the people in the house commented)

I am lucky as well (Chun smiled at them)
***

Hey… (Aaron was looking for Gui Gui and found her at the piano room) You’ve been here more frequently than I am. (He noticed that Gui Gui’s so quiet) Hmm…why do you look so sad?

I’m hungry. I want to eat (Gui Gui stands up and walks away. Aaron follows her at the canteen puzzled)

(Gui Gui’s still upset while eating with their friends and Aaron’s still puzzled on why she’s like that)

Somebody’s in trouble… (Ao Quan sings looking at Aaron)

What? (Aaron mouthed at them when all of them look at him. He’s still confused)

I have a class. I’m going (Gui Gui walks out)

Aaron! You’re so insensitive! You’re hopeless (the girls commented when Aaron still looked confused)

(Danson sits beside Aaron and tapped his shoulders) Tsk!tsk!...still can’t remember? I still can remember her (Gui Gui) disappointed look yesterday when you quickly leaves the school to go to the office.

Why don’t you give her to me instead? (Ao Quan added) How dare you to make Gui Gui sad.

What? What did I do? I’m training at the company. I didn’t go to the training since Sister was hospitalized. I need to work harder, Uncle expecting much from me and Gui Gui knows about that.

Aiyoo! Aaron… It’s your 100th day anniversary yesterday.

Gui Gui’s waiting for you yesterday…

But you just left…

You didn’t even greet her.

And until now you’re so clueless.
(All of them protested)
***

Hello…Gui Gui can you go back to school?? (Mei Mei called Gui Gui to help Aaron meet her at school. Aaron asked all of their help to prepare a surprise for Gui Gui) I need your help for the upcoming dance competition. I still need some steps. Please…I’m really running out of time. Please…

Alright … Could you wait a bit? I need to call brother to drive me.

Oh no need. Ah Wei’s on his way to your house to pick you up (as if on cue Gui Gui hears the doorbell)

Someone’s at the door.

Maybe that’s him. I know you’ll never say no. Thank you Gui Gui. I’ll wait for you here. Bye.

Gui Gui, Ah Wei’s here.

Mom, I need to help Mei Mei practice for her upcoming dance competition.

Alright... (Mrs. Wu winks at Ah Wei. She already knows about the surprise since Aaron called her to ask her permission to let Gui Gui stays out a little late that night)

Would you be alright alone here? Dad’s working late these days. When is brother coming home?

Let your brother and Ella enjoy their vacation. You’re dad already called. He’s on his way home.

Why do they have to take a vacation? Why does the honeymoon take place first before the wedding?

Aiyoo! Let them be… They’ve been so tired preparing for the wedding.
***

Hey…hey… Ah Wei… (Gui Gui called but she just saw the car moving so fast)

Why did he just leave me here? Where’s Mei Mei (And then she noticed a glowing arrow at the wall. She followed the arrow and noticed the series of arrows posted at the wall. She followed until she reached the piano room. There were candles and rose petals on the floor and Aaron’s playing the piano)

(When Aaron finished, he slowly approached the speechless Gui Gui and hands her a bouquet of roses, 100 roses) I’m sorry baby…

(Gui Gui hugs Aaron and cries)

Although it’s late…Happy 100th day anniversary!

I love you Aaron.. (Gui Gui whispers)

Aaron puts his fingers on Gui Gui’s chin and slowly lifts her face so he can see her) I love you (he whispers before giving her a gentle kiss)
***

Are you tired? (Chun asked Ella while hugging her from behind. They went to China for a one week vacation)

Stop worrying about me. I’m perfectly fine. Too bad we still can’t play basketball.

We’ll have plenty of time to do that in the future.

(Ella turns to face Chun) Is your feet cold? (Ella teases Chun, implying wedding jitters)

(Chun smiled at her) No, it’s very warm. How about yours?

(Ella put her feet over Chun’s and circled her arms around his neck) Hmm…very warm

(Chun lowers his head and kissed her. They slowly dance to the music only the two of them hears. As the moon and the stars watches over them)
***