Chapter 20

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 20

After 5 years …

Gui Gui arrives at the airport. She’s really happy finally going home. She’s really excited to see her family and of course Aaron. Two years ago she went to Paris for her work and to study as well. Her family‘s expecting her a week later but she took an earlier flight to surprise them. She just asked Chun to fetch her last night.

Brother! (Gui Gui runs to Chun) I miss you!

Welcome back (Chun hugged her back) How are you?

Still beautiful as ever! Where’s Sister Ella? Did you tell them?! Where are the kids? How are Mom and Dad?

Whoops! You’re asking too many questions. Ella’s at home, you know she can’t travel at this time. It’s almost her delivery date. The twins are at home. I kept my promise not to tell anyone. Mom and Dad are fine.

I’m going to surprise them. I’m really excited to see everyone.

Let’s go then.

Oh! Can I go to Aaron first?

Aiyo, you just arrive and will go straight to his arms. Mom and Dad would be jealous.

Please. We haven’t seen each other for so long. It’s better when he was in China; we still have time to see each other unlike when I went to Paris, we just seen each other once.

As if you two weren’t burning the phones. (Chun ) Alright, let’s go.
***

You’re so happy… (Uncle Chen commented when he noticed Aaron’s happy face while preparing himself to go to the airport. They are the office. Aaron’s forgot his plane ticket at the office, he asked for a ten days’ vacation to go to Paris and fetch Gui Gui. He plans to propose to her before going back to Taiwan)…You really miss her right?

(Aaron smiled coyly) I haven’t seen her for a while. We’ve both been busy for the past years.

Have you talked to your sister? (Uncle Chen asked and as if on cue Aaron’s phone rings. Ella’s calling)

Hello, honey…? The twins wanted to go to the amusement park.

Hello, Sister!

Oh, Aaron. I’m sorry. I dialed the wrong number.

Are you alright? You’re running out of breathe.

I’m alright. The twins are just so hyper; they’re looking for your brother-in-law to go to the amusement park.

Don’t make yourself too tired, you’re giving birth anytime. Where’s Brother Chun anyway?

Don’t worry. Mom is here. Chun said he’s just getting some documents from the office. He’ll be here any minute. Are you at the office?

I’m heading out to go to the airport.

Airport? Why? Business again? Aaron…in a week’s time Gui Gui will be here. Better clear your schedule. I’m tired watching you two play hide and seek. When she’s here, you’re out of the country. When you’re here, she’s out of the country.

(Aaron chuckles) I’m heading to Paris my dear sister, to fetch her and have a vacation.

Oh, really. That’s great. Alright go and bring my sister-in-law home.

Alright, just call Uncle if anything happens. I’ll call you from time to time.
***

Chun…Gui Gui?!

Uncle Chen! Hello, how are you? (Gui Gui hugged him excitedly)

Why are you here? I thought you’ll be arriving next week.

Surprise! Where’s Aaron?

Right, Aaron. I was surprise to see you I totally forgot. He’s at the airport. We need to call him.

At the airport? Aiyoo, business again?

Today’s his flight to Paris to surprise you.

What? (Gui Gui exclaimed when Chun received a call from his mother informing that Ella’s now at the hospital giving birth)

Gui, Ella’s giving birth we need to go.

Alright, let’s go to the hospital. We’ll just call Aaron to go there as well. (said Uncle Chen)
***

Is everything alright? (Aaron rushed to the hospital when he received Uncle Chen’s call that Ella’s giving birth and Gui Gui’s home already. Ella’s already at the room but sleeping.)

Everything’s alright. (Mrs. Wu answered)

(Aaron sigh and then his eyes searched the room) Where’s…?

Aaron! (Gui Gui runs to Aaron and hugs him tightly. She
went out with the twins and bought them some ice cream) I miss you…

(Aaron hugs her back) I miss you baby (Aaron whispers before claiming her lips)

Ehermm… (Mr. Wu interrupted the two)

(Mrs. Wu chuckles while keeping the twins’ eyes close) There are still minors here…

(Uncle Chen just smiled at the two. Gui Gui bury her face to Aaron’s chest, her face turns red)

Sorry. (Aaron said still holding Gui Gui tightly) We just miss each other so much.

You just spent two years abroad and you became so liberated. Kissing even in front of me? (Mr. Wu teased Gui Gui)

Dad! (Gui Gui shyly protested)

Daddy, is Auntie going to have a baby in her stomach just like mom? (the twins asked Chun)

Not yet, they’re going to get married first. (Chun answered)

Married? Just like you and mom in the picture at home?

Yes, just like that. Auntie will wear a beautiful wedding gown. Would you like to see her in a gown?

Yes (the twins answered)

But before that I need to do this first (Aaron suddenly loosen Gui Gui’s hug, holds her hand, kneel and presented to her the ring from his pocket) Would you like to wear a wedding gown? (Aaron smiled and asked Gui Gui)

(Gui Gui was shocked. All of them laugh when Gui Gui said) Aiyoo, how could you propose to me at the hospital? I told you not to be like my brother when proposing.

(Ella wakes up because of the noise) What’s happening?

(Chun lean down and whispers) Your brother’s proposing.

(Ella noticed Aaron kneeling still holding Gui Gui’s hand) Aiyoo, Aaron. You’re so unromantic. How could you propose to her at the hospital? And without flowers? How could you be like my husband just asking like he’s asking a very casual question.

Honey… (Chun lovingly gazed at her)

I know, you’re unique (Ella said) Gui Gui, at least my brother got a ring.

So, what’s the verdict? (Aaron asked Gui Gui)

(Gui Gui started crying) Would you like to wear a suit? ‘cause I’d love to wear a wedding gown.

(Aaron laugh, stands up, kiss her on the forehead and hugs her tightly) I also love to wear a suit.

(Everybody is happy for them. All of them are celebrating for Gui Gui’s and Aaron’s engagement)

Here’s the baby girl (the nurse enters the room with the newest member of their family)
***

After four months, Gui Gui and Aaron got married. Gui Gui was a stunning bride and Aaron looked so handsome. Everybody was so happy for them. Aaron bought a house near Gui Gui’s parents just like Chun and Ella. Uncle Chen decided to buy a house near them as well. All of them were living in one block. Gui Gui and Aaron’s first born child is a girl.

_END_