Chapter 8

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 8

Gui Gui’s not here again (Justin referring to Gui Gui’s friend entering the canteen without her)

She’s not here again; I miss her already (Ao Quan commented). She even quitted the squad. I’m not inspired playing now.

Are you going to infuriate her again to be able to see her? (Danson asking Aaron). I heard she’s always at the dance studio with Li Quan practicing.

I’m going to the library (when Aaron passed the girls, he heard them talking about Gui Gui)

What’s happening to her? The competition is so close but she still cannot perfected her turns.

Yeah, the teacher’s also worried.

(Aaron secretly went to the dance studio to see Gui Gui and saw that Gui Gui and Li Quan was getting along so well)
***

(Ella went to Chun’s Office that day)
Master Chun.

Ella, what are doing here?

Here (giving him his house keys), you left it again. I’m worried you’ll be going home early today since it’s a Saturday but Miss Gui Gui’s not home and I’m going out to meet someone and I’ll do the grocery after.

Ok, be careful. Call me if you need a lift.
***

Why do you look so depressed? I know someone who looks exactly just like you (remembering Gui Gui). Let me guess, you quarrel with your girlfriend?

You are my girlfriend. (He said so weary)

Aiyo, you’re still using that as an excuse. How could you get yourself a girl if you’re always using me to push them away?

(Aaron’s so silent. He’s thinking…maybe she really doesn’t like me)

Hmm, you’re odd. You won’t say “I’m not interested in having one”??? (Ella teases but still Aaron was so silent)
Alright, go to her. I don’t like talking to a ghost, you’re so quiet. Make up with her and let me meet her, ok?! I’m going to the supermarket.
***

Chun, you look so uneasy.

The rain’s so heavy, she’s still out; no one’s answering the phone at home and she’s not answering her cellphone either.

You’re worrying about Ella (Calvin commented)

Sir Chun, Director Lee’s here.

Let him in. (Chun’s been hooked up with the meeting. When he arrives home, Ella’s at the living room sleeping, waiting for him and Gui Gui)

Ella…

Hmm…hmm…

Huh, you’re hot (Chun checked her) your fever’s high (Chun carry her to her room)

(Chun nurses on Ella since her fever is really high, he called Gui Gui when he noticed that she’s not home yet)

Gui, where are you? Are you still in school? You need me to pick you up?

No brother, Li Quan will send me home, are you home already?

Yes, Ella’s sick. Be careful ok… Don’t stay out too late.

Ok (Brother so good with Ella, I really miss Aaron)
(When Gui Gui arrives home, he saw Chun in Ella’s room. He’s sitting beside Ella’s bed, sleeping but holding Ella’s hand)
***

Why are you up already? You should take a rest.

Master Chun, good morning! Come, here’s your breakfast.

You’ve been sick for days, you must not tire yourself.

Brother, why are you not dressed yet?

I decided to take a break but I’ll still drive you to your school.

Hmft, I think you just wanted to be with her (I miss my Aaron more, I need to see him today).
***

So, finally you’re here (commented when Gui Gui showed up in the Taekwondo club)

Gui Gui, is it alright if you’re here?

It’s alright teacher, I just wanted a break. Dancing everyday is a little bit exhausting (and I need to see Aaron)

Ok then, be careful. Don’t get too serious. You could just watch. (This kid, no need to pretend. I know why she’s here)

(Aaron’s sparring with someone. What is she doing here? She looks so tired already)

Ok, good Aaron. Now, let’s have a female pair.

(Daya stands up and asked Gui Gui to be her sparring partner)

Daya, Gui Gui won’t do a sparring today. (The teacher informed)

It’s ok teacher. (Gui Gui takes the challenge. However, since she’s already absent minded and a little tired, she is about to be kicked by Daya when Aaron safeguard her. Although Aaron is capable enough he was a little hurt by the sudden impact)

Ah…

Aaron, are you alright?

I’m fine.

Go to the infirmary to check though (the teacher instructed)

(When Gui Gui followed Aaron at the infirmary, Aaron’s not there. Aaron is somewhere calming himself)
***

Why are you here? Let’s go to the infirmary to check you.
(Aaron suddenly stops playing the piano)Why did you do that? Are you really trying to hurt yourself?!

Why are you shouting at me? I didn’t tell you to do that (help her).

I’m worried about you! (He blurted out)

(Gui Gui looked at him in disbelief) Are you…Are you… I mean...do you have feelings for me now?

I’m just worried…because…How would you compete if you’ve been hurt. (Aaron looks so uncomfortable. He looks at her, their gaze locked with each other. All the longing and the love written all over his handsome face)

(Gui Gui slowly walks towards Aaron never leaving his gaze, a smile forming on her lips for she can see it through his eyes. He stops infront of him. Their face so close to each other, they can hear their breathing. She put her arms on his shoulder, tiptoed and gently put her lips on his, just merely touching)

Are you sure, you don’t have feelings for me yet? She whispers.

I’m not sure yet. (A slight smile forms on his lips)

(Gui Gui repeats what she did earlier. This time much longer) Are you sure now?

(Aaron put his left arms around her waist; his right on the back of her neck and gently pull her)

The answer is certain, I love you… (He whisper on her ears before claiming her lips and deepened the kiss)