Chapter 12

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 12

Ella’s been trying to open the topic about Angela to Chun but Chun always find his way to avoid it. She feels that Chun still can’t forget about the past. That night they’re playing basketball and since Chun hasn’t told her anything about Angela, she wanted to know about her from him.

What number am I?

What?

How many girlfriend had you had before me.

Chun steals the ball from her. Why are you suddenly asking that? That’s not important anymore. He steals a kiss from her.
***

Ella decided to talk to him straight since she still can’t get any information from him. She went to the library to talk to him.

Here, take a break first. Let me massage your shoulders. Ahm, Chun…about Angela. (she started. Chun becomes still) Ahm, Gui Gui told me something about her before and she’s here last week.

What?

Don’t you want to meet them (Angela and Jerry)???

What for?

It will be great, if the three of you can talk things out. Even if the relationship can’t go back as before at least you know that there’s no hatred in your heart anymore, set them free, set yourself free.

Let’s not talk about them anymore, come here (he pulls her and placed her on his lap and kiss her)
***

Ella, I’m really sorry for troubling you. But can you help me meet him? Jerry’s sick and he just wanted to talk to him, to gain his forgiveness to what we have done. We’re flying to America on Wednesday.

Uhm, alright. I’ll bring you to the office since he refused to meet you out and even at home. That’s the only place I know that he can’t escape you.
***

Is that Miss Angela?

She’s back? Isn’t she with Sir Jerry? What’s she’s doing here?

Why is Miss Ella with her?

Look on how Miss Angela looks so elegant while Miss Ella is….

Shhh, enough

(Ella still can hear the people talking about her)
Sir Chun, Miss Ella’s here (the secretary informed Chun)

Let her in…

Uhm, Sir Chun…she’s with…

It’s alright. Let them in.

Honey, miss me already? Are you with Gui Gui, isn’t she in school? (Chun stopped) Angela? What are you doing here?

Chun, I just…

Get out…out… I don’t want to see you…out!

Chun…(Angela cries and runs out)

Why did you do that? You don’t need to shout at her like that.

What? are you her lawyer now? Why do you have to bring her here? Great, this is just great, my girlfriend being my ex-girlfriend’s bestfriend?? What’s this? Do you really want the people here to remember the things she has done to me? How she has humiliated me before, we're about to get married but she run-off with my executive secretary!!!

Why are you so angry? What are you so upset about? Do you still have feelings for her or are you just so ashamed because people can see the big difference between me and her?? I swallowed my pride bringing her here just so you can be free of that bitterness. I though you love me enough to forget everything that has happened. Oh, I forgot you even didn’t tell me you love me I just assumed.

(Ella walks out of the door, crying. Chun stood still for a while before running to her. She’s now at the lobby near the entrance. Chun grabbed her arms and swings her back then kisses her passionately as if silently telling everyone that she’s his girl)

I love you… (and then kissed her again)
***

I’m sorry. Are you still mad? (They’re back at his office)

Just promise me you’d talk to them. I heard Jerry’s sick and he wanted to have your forgiveness before going to America for the treatment. Just meet them, alright?

Alright, alright, because my honey said so. I don’t want you shouting at me telling me I don’t love you.

Aiyo, stop teasing me. How could you kiss me like that infront of so many people.

So that they’ll know that it’s you that I love, whoever or whatever they think of you. I’m not only telling you I love you…I’m showing it to the world. Hey, you’re accusing me of not telling you I love you, aren’t you the same??

Alright, alright. I love you, I love you, I love you.
(Chun meets Angela and Jerry to finally settle the old issues, the couple was so happy and very grateful to Ella)
***

Have you been there for a long time? (Aaron stops playing the piano. Gui Gui approached him)

Yes, I love watching you play. You’re too absorbed you didn’t notice me. What’s wrong? Why are you in a deep thought?

I’m just worried about Ella. I went to Sister Selina’s shop the other day, where sister brought our necklace. I wanted to give them couple watches but I think Uncle Chen discovered that sister’s been here all along and even Jiro’s looking for her now.

Don’t worry too much; brother won’t let Sister Ella be married to that Jiro.
***

It’s a weekend and Chun’s at home when Charlene, the daughter of Mr. Choi arrived to discuss some matter. She uses that as an excuse to see Chun since she instantly likes him when her father introduced her to him in his office. Ella’s raging of jealousy because of her.

(Chun and Charlene are discussing something when Ella passed at them)

Ahm, excuse me? Could you get me something to drink?

Uh, Charlene…Ella is…

What do you like to have ma’am? Juice? Soda or coffee? (Ella said sarcastically glaring at Chun)

What? (Chun mouthed at her. Ella ignored her)

Orange juice would be fine. Chun, how about this one?

I’ll prepare it right away (Ella answered and went to the kitchen murmuring to herself)

Could you get me something to drink (Ella imitates Charlene)

Hey, Sister Ella. What’s up? You look upset. (Ella pointed at Chun and Charlene)

Look at her! She’s so close to Chun, almost leaning. And her clothes! That’s too revealing. (She tattle to Gui Gui)

Hmm, don’t worry. Let me handle that. Give me that. (Gui Gui added more sugar to the juice and serve it to Charlene)

Hello! Miss Charlene. I’m Gui Gui, Chun’s sister. Here’s your juice.

Oh, how nice of you. Your maid so rude, letting you do this. (Charlene drinks the juice and spit it out quickly) ah, that’s too sweet.

Oh, I’m sorry I really like sweets. I forgot that you might have different taste from me (let me change this, Gui Gui deliberately tripped herself and spill the juice on Charlene. Ella quickly runs and tried to cleanse the stain on Charlene’s dress)

Don’t touch me. Chun, look at your maid. Oh, I better go home. Chun, I’ll be back some other time.

Don’t bother. I’ll talk to your father; Calvin’s going to handle this project. I’ll be very busy accompanying my fiancée for our wedding preparation. (Gui Gui silently laughs when shocked registered on Charlene’s face when Chun put her arms around Ella’s waist)

I forgot to tell you that Ella’s my fiancée not a maid; she’s just familiarizing herself at home.

What? her? you can't be serious...

You can come to our wedding, I'm personally inviting you...

(Charlene walks out)

Brother, how can you propose like this? You’re really so unromantic. I’m gonna tell Mom about this. They need to be home soon. Oh, I’m going to call Aaron first (Gui Gui quickly runs to her room to get her cellphone)

What? (Chun asked Ella when he notice that she’s staring at him)

Are you proposing to me already???

You’re just too cute when you’re shock. Do you like a garden wedding or a church wedding?

Uhm,,, I…I…

Mom and Dad needs to be back soon. And I really need to talk to your Uncle soon. Hey,.. (Chun pinched Ella’s cheek)

Oh My God! (Ella shouted) You’re really proposing to me?
(Chun nodded, smiling sheepishly)

You’re not giving me a ring yet!!!!!(Ella screams) ^_^