Chapter 10

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 10

Here are the newlyweds… (Ah Wei teases Gui Gui and Aaron when they arrived at the school cafeteria that day. Aaron’s holding Gui Gui hand while holding their snacks on the other hand. All of their friends are now sitting together during vacant periods)

Aaron, I didn’t know you could be so daring (Justin commented about the kiss)

Ah, you’re just too sweet. To think Gui Gui’s been so jealous about your girlfriend, uhm, what happen to her then? (Mei Mei asked and they all noticed Gui Gui becomes so worried. Because she’s been so happy, she totally forgets about her)

Aiyo, don’t be too upset. That’s his sister; you’ve been tricked just like the other girls. He’s using her to push away other girls. Hmm, but you’re charm really works on him. You’re just too cute he can’t resist you. Although I’m not so happy about this, I’m willing to give you away (Ao Quan assured Gui Gui)

Your sister??? (The girls exclaimed) we didn’t know you have a sister.

That’s his top secret. (Ah Wei informed the girls, Aaron’s just smiling watching Gui Gui’s facial expression. When Danson interrupted the discussion)

Isn’t this his top secret, popping out Gui Gui’s picture from his pocket.

Gui Gui??? Isn’t this during our orientation in first year? (The girls commented and all eyes are on Aaron. Aaron becomes so uncomfortable)

Don’t be shy anymore, she’s already your girlfriend no need to hide it. I accidentally discovered this just a few days ago. You accidentally drop this and I begin analyzing things. So, you really purposely angered her to get her attention right? And you like going to the library because she’s personally delivering the school paper’s copy in the library, right? right? I didn’t know you could be so romantic.

(Gui Gui pinched Aaron’s cheek) You’re so handsome my Aaron. Love you…(They all begin teasing each other, endless. They’ve been the noisiest group in the canteen)
***

How’s the trip?

It’s great. I had a chance to relax as well. Ella’s been a great help.

Hmm, you look so happy. Do I hear wedding bells??? It’s just the two of you there and it’s so cold at night (Calvin teases Chun)

(Chun hits Calvin with the folder his holding) You’re so green minded, we have different rooms. I won’t dare do that, unless we’re married.

So you’re planning to propose already? You’re fast man.

Not yet, we still need to settle things with her family and I’m waiting for my parents to formally introduce her. I’m going to meet her brother first with Gui Gui and her boyfriend.

She got a boyfriend? Woah, I need to have my own soon, you’re all so happy you’ll forget about me.

Stop fooling around already and just confessed with your secretary. Hebe would become an old maid waiting for you. You’re so slow.

Sir Chun, Mr. Choi is here.

Let him in.

Hello Chun, Calvin. This is my daughter Charlene. She’ll be in charge of the business for a while since I’m going to Japan this week.
***

Brother, are you free this weekend?

I’m going to the office, my papers filing up. (Gui Gui pouts)

Aiyo, Chun, you need to balance your time. Weekends must be spent with family. Stop being so workaholic. You’ll look old easily.

Right!Right!Right… (Gui Gui agreed) you’re not spending much time with me.

Alright. How could I say no to this cute sister of mine? Would you come? (He’s asking Ella)

Uhm, I have to meet my brother. I’ll let you meet him next week, alright. Don’t miss me too much, it’s just one day. Be good ok.

Aiyo, you two are so sweet. Mom and Dad would be happy when they return.
***

Aaron’s fridge is empty. Hmm, I still have time to clean and do the grocery before meeting him. I think he’s going to introduce his girlfriend.

(She’s cleaning Aaron’s room when she noticed the necklace) this is the necklace I gave him. Hmm, let me wear it for a while, I wanted to pull a prank on his girlfriend. (She faced the mirror and practices what she’s planning to do later) Aaron, what are you doing here? Who is she? You have another girlfriend? You said you love me? You even gave me this couple necklace, where’s yours?

That would be so cool, his girlfriend would be shock.

Alright, I’ve finished everything, time to do the grocery.
(Ella’s heading home when she saw a child suddenly cross the street, she instinctively save the child but been hit by a car)
***

Is your sister coming? Did you tell her about me?

I want to surprise her.

Brother’s on his way as well. (She checked on Aaron) You’re so handsome my Aaron. Come, let’s take a picture together (Gui Gui suddenly kiss Aaron’s kiss before clicking the camera)

You’re so naughty. Let me have this (and took the instantly developed picture)

Oh, brother’s here. Brother. (She quickly approached Chun tagging Aaron along with her)

Uhm,…Brother, this Aaron. (They exchange pleasantries)

My sister’s not a baby anymore; you already have a boyfriend (messing with Gui Gui’s hair)

Brother! I’ve spent too much time fixing my hair. What would his sister think if she sees me like this?

Oh, we’re meeting his sister as well?

Uhm, yes sir. She’s on his way.

Just call me Brother Chun. So, how did she threaten you to be her boyfriend? (Chun jokes)

Brother!!! (Gui Gui shouts and Aaron laughs)
***

Brother, stop thinking about her. Aiyo, you miss her already. We’ve been out for few hours only.

I don’t know, I’m just a little uneasy (I’ll just call her outside)

Hello, honey. Where are you?

Hello, this is Miss Ella’s phone. Who’s on the line?

Oh, I’m her boyfriend. Where’s Ella?

She’s here at the hospital. She met an accident.

What? What hospital? (Chun gets the name of the hospital. He’s so worried that he forgets about Aaron and Gui Gui. He just called Gui Gui)

Alright, be careful. Don’t drive too fast. (puts downs the phone and turns to Aaron) I’m sorry, brother got an emergency, her girlfriend’s at the hospital. Is your sister still coming?

She should be here by now. (He was to call Ella when his phone rings)

Hello.

Hello… is this Mr. Aaron Yan?

Yes.

Your sister met an accident. She’s here at the hospital.

What????
(After getting the details Aaron and Gui Gui went out to go to the hospital.)
***

Ella!! (Chun harshly pushed the hospital door. Ella’s sitting at the hospital bed while being treated by the doctor. Chun hugged her tightly) Oh, God. You scared me to death. What happened?

I’m alright. Nothing serious. (Chun turns to the doctor)

Is she alright?
Just minor bruises and wound in her forehead. We’ve checked her so nothing to worry about. She was frightened that's why she fainted. Her reflexes are good. I’ll be out, rest for a while.

Thank you, doctor.

Alright, lie down. Luckily you’re fine. I thought you’re with your brother. (Aaron and Gui Gui appeared at the door)

Sister! Are you alright?

Sister Ella??

Brother Chun? Why are you here?
***