Chapter 3

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 3

Ella decided to bring the laundry at the laundry shop that day since she doesn’t really know to do the laundry herself. She called a taxi after, while travelling she fell asleep. After about 40 minutes, she woke up, feeling that someone is beside her and staring at her.

Huh! ?(the face of the driver was so close to her and he’s holding a knife) Wah, what are you doing?

It’s a hold-up; give me all your money.

(What in the world is happening!? Why am I so unlucky.?!) She started giving her cellphone and wallet.

Move out! (the driver throw the bag of laundry to her )
Don’t you want this? (pertaining to the clothes)

What am I going to do with that?! It looks like rugs to me. Yuck!

(Aiyoo, this fellow, is he gay?!)

My boyfriend would love this cellphone, then he drove away.

Ella, started walking. (the place is not that scary looking, it looks like an exclusive subdivision. She was at the far end of one street with no houses but she can see from a far the beautiful houses)

(talking to herself) It’s been a week, I’m getting bored, can’t apply for other company, uncle will surely found out I’m still here. Anyway, where am I? How am I supposed to call Aaron, that stupid gorilla-looking gay. Eew..

Ella noticed a very cute warm looking house so stop for a while to look at it and to rest for a while.
***

Honey! Hurry up, Daddy Wu called.

Honey, the housekeeper is not here yet. What happen to her, she’s supposed to be here earlier.

(Daddy Wu noticed someone at the gate). I think she’s here. (Mommy Wu checked it out)

Oh! You’re here. We’ve been waiting for you for ages. We are in a hurry, is that your things? Hurry, come inside. We’re really in a rush. What happen to you? Ok, I need to brief you as fast as I could (she started walking and talking while guiding Ella inside the house)

Is that her? Asked Daddy Wu. Ok, we really need to hurry honey or else we’re going to miss our flight. I’ve already called Chun and Gui Gui to bid goodbye.

(Ella being dumbfounded, just stared at the couple, both of them started giving her instructions.)

Do not lock the door unless Chun’s home, he usually forget his keys.

Gui Gui love to drink Yakult so you need to stock.

If you’re taking a day off, just tell Chun ok?!

Chun loves the mushroom soup.

Remember to clean Gui Gui’s room everyday. It’s always messy ...and so on and so on...

(Ella’s been dizzy of all the things happening)
Oh! And here’s the key. What’s your name again?

Ella (still dumbfounded, when she recovers the Wu couple was out) wait...wait...
***

At the airport

Honey! Do you think the housekeeper’s a little weird? Daddy Wu asked.

Right, she looked so tired and sad, maybe she’s a little worried with her family as well since she’s going to stay at our house.

That’s not what I mean, she doesn’t look like a maid.
Aiyo, don’t worry anymore. She’s cute just like our Gui Gui, I think they would love each other. It would be good to have her in the house so Gui Gui would develop some sisterly feelings and won’t be so possessive of Chun. Chun can freely date, it’s time Chun forget about Angela.

Ok enough stop thinking. We should enjoy ourselves.
***

I really got myself into trouble this time. But, I just can run and no one will know it. Hehehe. ^_^ But, it just doesn’t feel right. What am I suppose to do?? Ok, ok, need to look at the bright side, I just said I need something to do and Uncle and Jiro won’t even think I’ll be a housekeeper. Yeah! Ok! I’ve decided, I’ll be this family’s housekeeper. Yeah ^_^.

She started making herself familiar with the house. She called Aaron and told him that she found a job but she need to stay there but she’ll surely find time to see him and explain everything.
***

At school...

Aaron just finished talking to Ella, he’s at the canteen with his friends; Danson, Ah Wei, Ao Quan, Justin, and he just finished his shift for the part time job.

Wooh, your really lovey-dovey, Ah Wei teases.

That’s my sister.

Many female would rejoice if they would know the truth that the girl you’ll always been talking is your sister. Why do always use her as an excuse to push away the girls who like you? Asked Danson

I need to focus on my study; it’s how I can repay her. I know it’s been hard on her, helping me without her father’s knowledge.

You’re beginning to sound mushy again. Ahaha, your popularity would go down if they know you’re such a drama king. (They all started teasing each other, when Ao Quan and Justin noticed Gui Gui).

Is that Gui (Ghost)?

Ghost? Why should a ghost be here? Go and order some food, I think you’re hungry.

Gui Gui from the Mass Communication Department.

Really?

Really?? Where is she??

Gui Gui? Aaron asked (He looked so impassive so everyone look at him) What?? (he asked again)

You don’t know Gui Gui?

You really don’t know her? How come, we’re always talking about her; she’s quite famous.

I don’t have interest in other people’s life. Aaron answered.

Hmm, come to think of it. You two are quite compatible; both of you are popular, intelligent and dynamic. (Danson commented)

Aiyoo! Danson, how can you say that! Gui Gui is match for me (protested Ao Quan).

No! Gui Gui and me are made from heaven. (Ah Wei also protested and they began the endless teasing again, when suddenly Gui Gui approached them with Mei Mei and Fiona)

Who’s Aaron? (Gui Gui angrily asked, all of the boys point their fingers at Aaron) You! How can you post this at the Bulletin Board (Gui Gui read some of the lines written in the paper “the News Club is monotonous, don’t waste your time in this sterile doings) How can you say that!?!

I’m just stating my opinion; the bulletin boards are intended to hear everyone’s opinion.

Ok! What’s wrong with the school’s newspaper?? Everybody here likes it, right (the students in the canteen answered in chorus, Right!) See!? So, what’s you’re problem, or are you using this as an excuse to see and meet me?

Huh! How conceited can you get. Look! One third of this (pertaining to the paper) talks about the activities of your Department,

Right! I can’t see anything wrong with that! I’m the Editor in Chief and besides no one submit any other articles.

How selfish! The school paper should talk about the whole university’s activity, important announcements. You should cover all and not just focus on that small part.

So you’re belittling our Department!?! (Gui Gui is raging of anger when someone called Aaron)

Aaron! coach is looking for you.

(Aaron, glance at Gui Gui) I don’t have time to argue with a brat.

Wait, we are not yet through, how can you leave like that. Wait!

Gui Gui (Ao Quan acting like a loves-truck schoolboy) You can discuss that with me. (Ah Wei and Justin hold his arms and dragged him)
***

I’m really angry; I need to vent my anger. (She was about to knock on the door when she see Ella). Right! Today’s the arrival of the housekeeper. Hmm, let me welcome her. Hehehe ^_^

(Ella’s preparing the dinner when the electricity turned off.) Huh!? What happen? (When she turned around she saw a white lady walking around the house, she hinted that someone’s inside the house scaring her to rob, so she grab something to defend herself)

Yah! (She keeps on hitting the white lady, until she heard a voice of a girl)

Ouch!Ouch! Enough!Aiyoo! It hurts! (She tries to uncover herself and Ella helps her); Why are you so fierce?! (She turns on the lights and turn to Ella)

You??!!?? (They both scream at each other, remembering the incident at the mall, and then glare at each other. Ella then realizes that the girl must be the house’s young mistress)

Hmm, so you’re the housekeeper?

Ahm, Miss Gui Gui, I’m Ella.

Ok! (She’s thinking: this is going to be fun, I’m going to make you pay! Haha, (^_^) I’m not eating, brother called me; he’ll be going home late tonight.
***

(Ella fell asleep at the sofa while waiting at Chun. Chun’s a little dizzy due to the alcohol he drunk during the meeting with the Japanese businessmen)

Where’s my keys? I’m a little dizzy, oh! Here it is! (When he enters the house, he noticed Ella sleeping on the couch) Who is that? Gui Gui? (He slowly approach Ella)

(Ella thought someone’s being sneaky around her, so she tightly hold the feather duster, open her eyes and hit the person)

Ouch! (Chun fell on the floor) that hurts!

Oh! (it must be Master Chun) I’m sorry, I’m sorry. (She’s trying to help him when Gui Gui suddenly appears looking so sleepy)

You! You’re really a war freak, why did you hit my brother. Brother, are you alright?

Yes. She hits pretty hard. It’s late, go back to sleep.

(Gui Gui turns to Ella) Don’t you dare seduce him! (Slowly goes back to her room because she’s really sleepy)

Master Chun, I’m really sorry. I’m Ella.

It’s ok I’m really dizzy because of alcohol and you hit pretty hard so I fell, Uh, could you help me up?

Uh, here, let me help me you, just guide me to your room. I don’t know which is yours.

(Ella was about to leave when Chun pulls her, she was positioned on top of Chun, their face so close with each other)

He looks familiar, where did I see him? He has nice lips. (Suddenly remembers the kiss) I wonder if that guy has these same y lips. I can’t clearly remember his face; it was dark and I just stare right through his eyes that night. Yo! What am I thinking? Stop! Go to sleep, go to sleep.

She was about to leave again when Chun, pulls her harder, she accidentally kissed him. She was so shocked; she forcedly releases herself and run quickly.