Chapter 7

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 7

Teacher! I don’t think we should accept her (protested Daya. She’s the Vice-President of the Club and the best female member)

Why?!? (Gui Gui protested)

Daya, everybody’s welcome to be part of the club, the teacher explained.

But I don’t think she’s really into Taekwondo. I think she has an ulterior motive in joining (glancing at Aaron)

(You dare to like my Aaron! Gui Gui glare at her) let’s have a sparring then. (Gui Gui challenged Daya)

(Daya stands and was about to go to the center when Aaron said..) Daya, you’re a black belter already, you must not to do it with the new member. Let her fight with the other trainee.

Don’t try to protect. (She went to the sparring area. Gui Gui approach her)

Ok, ok. I’ll let you two do it but don’t be too serious about it (the teacher agrees)

But teacher, Aaron protested.

It’s ok. I know Gui Gui. I’ve been encouraging her to join us before. You’re being too obvious; don’t worry too much (the teacher whisper to him, teasing...)

(Gui Gui wins the match. She stares at Daya silently giving her a warning: Don’t try to steal my Aaron!)

Ok, good Gui Gui. I forgot to tell you guys that Gui Gui’s also a black belter.
***

You! Why are you sitting next to brother? (Gui Gui looks at Ella)

I’m always sitting here. Master Chun, I cook your favorite soup.

(These two. They’re getting closer) How did you know that’s his favorite?

Your mom told me before. I also brought some strawberry cake. It’s your favorite right?

Uhm, Ella have you seen my polo shirt? The gray one.

Uhm, Master Chun …

Aha! You’ve stained it again?! (Gui Gui guessed)

I’m sorry Master Chun.

That’s his favorite.

I didn’t do it on purpose and he doesn’t look good on that shirt.

Ok, Ok, enough. It’s alright.

Brother, you’re siding with her (Gui Gui looking intently at Chun)..Hmft!
***

(Ella’s preparing dinner when she heard the news “President Chen of Chen Corporation is to sign business partnership with the Zhang Corporation”)

(She can’t sleep that night, so she went to play basketball to relax her. Chun’s playing at the yard)

Why do uncle like to work with him? He clearly knows that he’s father rival before.

Hey! (Chun throws the ball at Ella. Ella catches it and they played a match)

What’s the problem? You look troubled. (Is she worried about their business, I heard the news earlier but I can’t see anything alarming about it)

Uhm, I just miss my brother (Ella made up an excuse)

Your brother? (I thought she’s an only child, isn’t she the heir of their business?)

Yeah, I have a younger brother. My half brother. But my uncle won’t acknowledge him (Ella said sadly almost a whisper) Hmm, you’re not working?

I’m taking a break. My head hurts reading all those, all day.

Right! You need to take a vacation sometime. You’re always working. Why are you so hard working? Even at night you work. All you do is to work.

I need to, in order to forget the pain. (He whispers)

What??

C’mon let’s have another match.

(Gui Gui is watching them upstairs)
***

Master Chun, here, have some snacks.

Put it there.

There are still so many (pertaining to the documents). You should take a break first.

I need to finish this.

Aiyoo, you’ve eaten too little during dinner. Sit back. The papers won’t run. Eat, I’m going to entertain you while you’re eating.

(She sings a rock song that causes Chun to laugh because of her exaggerated actions)

Ahaha! How do you expect me eat, I would choke to death. You look so silly.

You need to laugh once in a while. Ok, eat.

(Gui Gui just came from the kitchen and saw them) Brother is laughing. He looks happy.
***

(It was Aaron’s basketball final match. Gui Gui was so happy when their team wins. She’s looking for him after game when he suddenly disappear)

Danson, have you seen Aaron?

Gui Gui, you’re always looking for him, how about me??? (Ao Quan butted in)

His girlfriend’s picking him up today.

What? (She quickly runs to catch up with Aaron) I need to see what she looks like. (But she didn’t saw her face because she’s wearing a helmet and Aaron’s already settled behind her)
***

Here’s the yummy dinner (Ella noticed that Gui Gui looks so sad). Miss Gui Gui what’s the problem?

Do you like my brother? You and him are getting along so fine, unlike us. He won’t even smile at me. And I thought his girlfriend is not real, but...but...I saw them together.

Aiyo, don’t cry.

So this is how brother felt when Angela left him. You! You should never hurt him like this.

Angela? (Ella looked puzzled since she has heard that name. Gui Gui told her about Angela)

Angela is brother ex-fiancée. They’ve been together for two years and brother already proposed marriage. They have been preparing for the wedding when she broke up with him and went to the states with Jerry, brother’s former assistant.
So... you (she holds Ella’s hand) must not hurt him. She sadly stands up and went upstairs.

Hey, you’re dinner. You won’t eat? (What’s her problem? She looks so sad)
***

Ouch! (Gui Gui has been practicing for the dance sport competition)

(the instructor turn off the music)

Gui Gui, careful, why do you look so distracted. It’s not like you.

I’m sorry teacher.

Ok, take a break.

Gui Gui, are you alright? Mei Mei asked. You’re so low-spirited these days. Is it Aaron? (Gui Gui slowly nodded)

I don’t want to love him anymore. I quitted the squad already.

Gui Gui what happened? (Mei Mei so worried about her)

I’ve seen him with his girlfriend.

What? I thought...don’t worry, you still have a chance.

I don’t want to hurt anybody, and it seems like he really like her. I heard they’ve been together for so long already.

(Mei Mei gives her a hug to comfort her)
***

I’m going up, I’m not eating dinner.

(Chun and Ella looked at each other when Gui Gui walk past them)

You should talk to her; I think she’s having some love problems (she encouraged Chun)

You should talk to her instead.

Aiyo, you’re her brother. You should comfort her in times like this.

It’s better if it’s you, you’re both girls.

You’re sister loves you in vain, she loves you too much but you won’t even comfort her when she’s hurt. Everyday she always helps you prepare your clothes, blah,blah.. etc…

Aright!alright! You’re such a nagger… (he teases Ella) Your husband will be so unlucky, you’re too noisy and you’re not a good cook either.

(Ella jokingly glare at Chun) Don’t eat then. Alright, stop fooling around already. Go (he pulls Chun’s up and push him to go to Gui Gui)
***

Gui Gui (Chun gently push the door and see Gui Gui on bed. He sat on the side of the bed and talks to Gui Gui) what happened? Are you not feeling well?

(Gui Gui hugs Chun and cries) Shh… what happened? Brother is here...

(Gui Gui just shake her head and continues to cry. When she’s alright, she suddenly said)
Brother, don’t try to go make some babies when I’m not around, ok!? (Hinting on Ella) ^_^