Chapter 13

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 13

As usual Ella’s alone at home that day. Chun already gave her a ring. Aaron and Gui Gui arranged a romantic dinner for them so that Chun can propose to her properly, they even gave them a couple watches as present. Mr. and Mrs. Wu would be back on the next day. They’re so happy when Gui Gui informed them about the news. They’re very happy that Chun’s finally getting married. Gui Gui always updates their parents so they already know everything. Mr. Wu promised Chun to meet President Chen with Chun and Ella when they arrive.

Ding!Dong! (Ella quickly runs to the door) Have you forgotten something again? (she thought that it was Chun)
Uncle?!??

Ella…

Uncle, how? (Ella was so anxious)

You really did found him (Aaron) How did you that? And why did you do that? For so many years you’ve kept in contact with him. Your father would be so disappointed if he was still alive. (The investigators traced Aaron and found out that Ella’s seeing him, eventually leading them to the Wu’s house)

Dad’s been so negative about the idea of me meeting with Mom. I went to see mom back then when Dad’s out of the country and learned that Uncle Yan committed suicide and mom died on a car accident, Aaron was alone, I couldn’t let him be on his own. He’s my brother.

To the point that you even worked part-time in high school just to help him? Oh, God I couldn’t imagine you doing those silly things. Your father has given you everything and yet you have to do that?

Yes, I had everything and he doesn’t. Uncle, can’t you just let it go. Aaron’s alone; we’re the only family he has.

He’s not part of my family. You are my only family. Alright, I don’t want to hear anything about him anymore. Go back home.

I can’t and I won’t.

Don’t force me Ella. The Wang’s are still waiting for you.

Uncle! I’m inlove with somebody else.

Don’t create more conflict, I’ve already disclosed my word with the Wangs’, you’re going to marry Jiro. (Uncle Chen warned Ella). Go home or I’ll forcedly bring you home. I’ll give you three days.
***

You’ve found her? (Mr. Zhang asked Mr. Chen)

Yes, she’s staying with the Wu family.

Wu family of the Wu Corporation?

Yes and I think she’s inlove with Wu Chun. (Uncle Chen sighs)

That would be great. They have a large business and I heard that Chun’s really conscientious. His father’s really proud of him. I don’t see any problem with that.

That’s not my point, I’ve already told the Wang’s that Ella’s going to marry Jiro. I can’t go back to my word.

You should talk to her seriously. We don’t want to be enemies with both families (in either way Ella would be out of my way and I can easily send him back to China and have the control of the company since he’s really trusting me)
***

Mom and Dad would be here tomorrow. I’m so excited. We need to choose Sister Ella’s wedding gown. (Gui Gui happily chatted during dinner)

Hon, what’s the problem? (Chun asked when he noticed that Ella’s a little gloomy)

Nothing, I’m just a little tired.

Wedding jitters already? (Chun teased)

Oh, what would be my own wedding look like? (Gui Gui said dreamily)

Hey, (chun gently hits Gui Gui) you’re still young. Finish your studies first.

Aiyo, we’ll be graduating next year (turns to Aaron) your proposal must be very romantic, don’t be like brother.

(Ella laughs and leans on Chun, she’s really worried about her Uncle’s visit)

I’m afraid she’ll propose to me before graduation, you know how quick-tempered she is (Aaron talking to Chun. Chun, Ella and Aaron laughs when Gui Gui pouts and hits Aaron)

Alright, alright, don’t scowl anymore. (Aaron cupped Gui Gui’s face and console her. They all happily talked and laugh all night)
***

Congratulations! Oh, I’m so happy to finally meet the two of you (Mrs. Wu warmly greeted Aaron and Ella)

Honey, we’ve met Ella before. So, we could just say…Welcome to the family. Finally, my son’s getting married (Mr. Wu added)

We need to celebrate. (Mrs. Wu put her arms around Gui Gui and whispers) You’ve got good tastes, he’s handsome (Gui Gui giggles)

(Mr. Wu teased Gui Gui) my baby got a boyfriend already? (He looks at Aaron. Aaron awkwardly-shyly smiled at him) He’s handsome just like me and your brother.

Our family’s getting bigger. I’m so excited to see my grandchildren (Ella blushed when Mrs. Wu looked at her)

Mom!(Chun said)

Alright, alright. Come, my beautiful daughter-in-law. Let’s prepare for the feast (she slowly walks to the kitchen with Ella)

Mom, aren’t you tired? (Chun asked)

I’m too happy to be tired and we need to celebrate. Gui Gui (Mrs. Wu called her when she noticed that Gui Gui still standing beside Aaron even if Mr. Wu’s talking to Aaron trying to let him feel at ease with him. Gui Gui pouts protesting to leave Aaron with her dad)

Aiyo! (Mrs. Wu gently pulls Gui Gui) let him bond with your father. (Mrs. Wu turns to Mr. Wu. Chun’s already heading outside and Mr. Wu’s guiding Aaron out while talking) Honey, don’t bury him alive alright?! (She winks at her husband. They all laugh when Gui Gui shout)

Dad!!!!!
****

(Ella can’t sleep that night thinking about her uncle. She’s at the court trying to relax herself)

Why are you still awake?

Chun!

You look troubled... Still worried about your uncle? Don’t worry we’ll be going there the day after tomorrow. Stop worrying, everything would be alright, I won’t allow that Jiro to have you. Smile, I don’t like you seeing like this.

(Ella quickly gathered herself and played with Chun, temporarily forgetting everything but when she’s alone in her room, she’s been in a deep thought again)

Now that Uncle knows about Aaron, I’m more worried about him; uncle would surely do something if I won’t go back. And I don’t want to drag Uncle and Auntie Wu into this.
***

Chun, wake up. Chun! (Mrs. Wu wakes him up)

Brother! (even Gui Gui runs into the room) Brother, wake up, hurry…Sister Ella left.

What????!!!!!

(Mrs. Wu hands him Ella’s letter)

“Chun, Uncle knows that I’ve been staying here all along. He’s been here the other day. I need to talk to him alone first and make him listen and understand that things won’t work the way he just wanted it. Tell Auntie and Uncle, I’m sorry for leaving like this. Don’t worry I’ll be back, wait for me. I love you. – Ella”