Chapter 5

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 5

(Ella woke up that night and wants to drink some water when she noticed the light coming from the library)

Master Chun is still awake? He’s really hard working. He looks so tired (she decided to make some snacks for Chun)

Knock!knock! Master Chun (she enters and saw Chun sleeping) He looks tired (she put a blanket on Chun’s shoulder and decided to leave the snacks)

(When Chun wakes up, he saw the snacks and smiled. He thinks that Ella’s sweet although the food looks not so nice to eat but still he appreciates her effort. Since then, everytime Chun’s been working at the library, Ella would prepare something for him)
***

It was Aaron’s basketball match. It was a tight fight. All the players seem so engrossed of the game including the audience. Aaron is about to free-throw when someone from the audience distracted her.

Go! Aaron! Go! Aaron (Gui Gui cheered using a mega phone), the crowd cheered with Gui Gui (it continues until the game ended)

(After the game, Gui Gui approach Aaron) Here! She gives Aaron a bottled water and wipes his sweat using a towel. Aaron, you’re so cool!

Gui Gui, you’re so sweet. I want to be your boyfriend (Justin commented)

Gui Gui, why are you like that, I played so good today too. (Ao Quan protested)

What are you doing (Aaron snatched the towel from Gui Gui) Don’t you have any other important things to do? What are trying to do, making that loud noise?

Were you encouraged?

I was distracted.

Are you? You even gain points on those free-throws (Danson commented)

I’m going to class (Aaron pretending not to hear anything)
(Gui Gui grinned) ^_^
***

(Gui Gui decided to join the cheering squad in order to create more chances of meeting between her and Aaron. The cheering squad is practicing at the court when the basketball team arrives for practice)

Aaron! Aaron I love you. Gui Gui shouted when the team started the practice (the team and the squad laughs when Aaron missed the shot. He glares at Gui Gui.

Aaron! Concentrate. (the coach shouted)

(the game continues,when someone throws the ball at Aaron)
Go! Aaron! I love you Aaron! (Gui Gui shouted cheered again and Aaron missed the shot again)

Break! The coach shouted. Aaron (the coach approached him) you need to concentrate. You’re lucky to have a cute and very supportive girlfriend but tell her not to distract you during the real game.

(Gui Gui approached Aaron)
Surprise! Am I cute with my uniform?

Aaron sighs! (He was about to walk away)

Hey!Hey! (Since Aaron’s teammates still playing around, one of the players throws the ball hardly and accidently hits Gui Gui) Ouch! (She fell. Aaron quickly helps her)

Are you alright? (Aaron inspects Gui Gui)

It hurts! (She looks at Aaron. It’s a mistake looking at his eyes for she was lost. She suddenly feels her heart skip a beat and then starts beating so fast. She blinks)
Hmm!? You’re worried about me? Do have feelings for me already? Hmm? Hmm? (She smiles)

Aaron stares at Gui Gui and walks away.
***

(Ella can’t sleep that night so she decided to take a walk for a while. She already talked to Aaron to check him out)
(Chun taking a break, he’s at the library working again. He’s stretching when he saw Ella playing basketball at the yard. He and his father’s love basketball)

You play pretty well.

Master Chun! (she looked at the library) Did I disturb you?

No, I was taking a break.

Do you want a match?

I’m not used to play with girls.

C’mon you’re under estimating me. Here (throws the ball at Chun)

(They played and Ella wins the game. She exhaustedly lay at the ground. Chun lay besides her)

It’s been a while since dad and I played. For a girl, you’re good.

Me and my dad used to play basketball too, Ella exclaimed. He really loves to have a son. Do you know, I know how to fixed cars, my dad loves cars. He even tutored me martial arts. (It’s a pity Aaron’s not his)

Where’s your dad?

He died a year ago.

Sorry to hear that (he noticed Ella’s sadness) C’mon (he stands up and pulls Ella) let’s have a second match.
***

Good morning Master Chun!

Morning! Where’s Gui Gui? It’s Saturday.

She went out already (Hmm, lately she’s not harassing me)

It’s still early. That’s new. Are you going to the grocery today? (Ella nodded)I’ll go with you.

Hmm, Master Chun, can I go out later.

Sure, where are you going?

I’m going to watch a basketball match with my brother. (She’s serving the food when Aaron called)

Sister, I can’t go out later. Coach been uptight since the finals will be next week.

Oh! Alright, I’ll go to your place some other day. I rarely have with you kiddo. You’re busier than I am.

Aaron! (Ella heard someone)

Ok, go ahead. The coach calling you. Byebye.

Master Chun! Do you want to watch a basketball match?

I need to finish reading the documents later.

Aiyoo, you’re always working. You need to relax sometimes. You’re going to look old. C’mon.
***

Where did he go? What would he do here in this old vacant building? (And then she heard someone playing the piano. She follows where the music comes from and sees Aaron)

Wow he really can play the piano.

(Aaron suddenly stops playing) What are you doing here?

Following you.

That’s pretty obvious.

She looks around. So this is your hiding place. I didn’t know you could play that well.

(Aaron stands up and plans to leave)

Hey! How would I make you fall inlove with me if you’re always avoiding me?

When are you going to stop? Aren’t you tired yet?

I’ll stop if… Are you inlove with me already? (She grinned)

You’re hopeless, stop this nonsense. Do you think I didn’t know what you’re doing? You’re so childish, you’re purposely annoying me just because I offended you’re pride.

But..but..

And I told you I already have a girlfriend. The taekwondo club’s moving… , it was not my decision to have the dance studio. It was the administration’s decision since Billy (one of the members) needed to prepare for the competition. Instead of trying to test my patience why don’t you focus on improving the school paper?. I won’t like immature girls like you.

You..you’re..you’re (Gui Gui’s teary eyed. She runs away but her necklace fell).