Chapter 1

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 1

The girl in the mirror is really beautiful; her long curly hair is flowing. Her dress and make-up is perfect. Pouty lips and she’s posing at the same time. “Aiyoo, what am I doing here? Uncle’s really too much, how am I suppose to happily meet my “fiancée”. Wahhh…!!! I never even had a boyfriend before, and that Jiro guy, he’s really too conceited. I need to think fast on how I’m going to escape this nonsense engagement party.”

Ella! Are you done? Come out, the visitors are arriving. Jiro’s on his way, I need you at the entrance to warmly welcome them.

Coming! Oh God help me please.-_-,
***

Uncle Chen! Good evening. Where’s my lovely Ella?

She’s at the comfort room, you know a little too nervous about the event. Where are your parents?

Dad’s parking the car. Oh! Here she is. Honey! It’s great to see you. You look very beautiful and y.

(ert!) Thanks! You too, you look handsome. Aiyoo, I need divine intervention. (someone catches her eyes, right! Granpa Ren can help me). Uhm, excuse me, I need to go to the washroom again.

Aiyo, don’t be so nervous honey, I’m really excited.
Ella, come back soon, I’m going to announce the engagement.
***

Granpa Ren! Help me! Can you bring my motorcycle at the back?

You child, what are you planning to do? You don’t like that guy, do you? Ok, I’ll help you this time, go there after 10 minutes (this child, if Master Chen knows this, he’ll surely fire me)
***

Dad, you don’t have to worry, Director Lu is here, I’m going to talk to him about… (who’s that lady? What she’s planning to do, climbing like that on the wall?)

Chun, are you still there? Chun, Chun,
Yes dad, sorry I go distracted by something, I’m going to discuss the business proposal to Director Lu later.

Ok, I’m going to take rest then, oh, and look out for your sister. Make sure she won’t do anything ridiculous. That sister of yours, she really loves to follow you around.

Its ok dad, we’ll be home after the party. (started walking towards the lady at the wall)

Why is it so difficult to climb this one, I need to hurry, Jiro and uncle is sure looking for me.

What are you doing? (Ella fell down, Chun tries to catch her and she landed above Chun, accidentally kissing each other)

(Ella and Chun stared at each other dumbfounded by the impact of the kiss) You! Why did you kiss me?

I didn’t, it was an accident.

Ella honey where are you? Honey? Ella?..

Urgh, I don’t have time for this (she quickly move to compose herself and run but her necklace fell)

Brother, what are you doing? Are you watching the stars or are you sleepy, don’t sleep on the ground, your coat would be dirty.

Uhm, there are many stars tonight. (Gui Gui help Chun up)

Brother, look at that man (Jiro, still looking for Ella, Honey! Ella where are you?) he’s so funny, I heard it’s his engagement tonight but it looks like the bride to be run-off.

What! She escaped! What are you all doing here, find her!

Uncle Chen, what happened? Where’s my lovely ella?

Don’t worry Jiro, she’ll be back, my men are chasing after her.

MY LOVELY ELLA! Come back to me..
***

At home..
Ella! How am I supposed to face Mr. Wang after what you did?

Uncle, I don’t even like him, how can I marry him?

But Jiro likes you so much. When he saw your picture a month ago, he instantly agreed about the marriage. Your marriage would make me feel at ease. He’ll be perfect to handle the family business.

Uncle, if that’s the reason why you’re forcing me to marry him, we..we..we can find my brother and train him. I think that would be better.

Stop talking nonsense. He’s not part of our family. He’s not a Chen.

But he’s still my mom’s son and my brother. You’re willing to hand over the business to someone not blood-related to us, why not my brother?

Jiro would be your husband, so he’ll be part of the family, besides he already know how to run a company.

(Ella monologue) If my computation is right he’ll be in college right now, probably in his senior year, he’s still young, very trainable.

You’re not listening to me.

You can train him.! Yeah, uncle train him so he’ll be a great CEO or a director first (hmm, he’ll be very handsome in coat, many girls would chase after him)

Ella, you’re always naïve. Have you forgotten what he’s father done to your father? Your father trusted him, but he betrayed him.

But my brother has nothing to do with that. He’s innocent. Mom, Uncle Yan and Dad suffered a lot when they were alive (may their soul rest in peace). I don’t want him to live in loneliness like our parents did.

Enough! When your father died a year ago (yeah, you’ve been messing my life for almost a year and its frustrating me) he told me to take good care of you. You are his only baby. Tomorrow, we’ll go to the Wang’s mansion to formally apologize. We talked on the phone and we agreed not to hold anymore engagement but the wedding will surely take place.

But uncle..

No buts! This discussion is over. Be ready for tomorrow.

Ella went to her room to think on what she would do next. She can’t escape easily since her uncle assigned guards to look after and Jiro’s obvious instant admiration towards her is making her situation more complicated.

I better call him. Hello! Are you asleep? Did I wake you up?

No, I’m still reading, how’s the bride to be?

AiyooI Stop teasing me, guess what I run-off! (hehehe!)

Really, so Uncle Chen is furious now.

Right! I think he wanted to fry me alive but he just couldn’t do it or else Dad would come back from grave and scare him to death for hurting his cute baby.^_^

Or you can scare him instead by acting as a ghost (giggle)
Your bad, I thought you are on my side?

But of course! So what are you planning to do since you don’t want to marry the guy? Are you to run to me now? But you have to wait until I become successful.

Ahaha! Ok enough, I just wanted to check on you. Go to sleep its already late. I’ll definitely think of a way.

(she ended the call and suddenly remember her necklace)
Where’s my necklace? It must have fallen when I fell from the wall. (Ella remembers the kiss and blush) that was my first kiss.
***

Brother, why did we leave so early? That guy is really pitiful, don’t you think? He’s so funny, crying like that, I wonder what his fiancée looks like?

(Chun was not listening; he’s playing in his hand the necklace of that lady)

It looks like a couple necklace, I wonder if she’s Mr. Wang son’s fiancée. Looks like she already had someone, so she don’t want to marry Jiro. Her lip’s so soft.

Brother! You’re not listening.

I’m a little tired. Let’s go home. You have a class tomorrow.
***

Aaron woke up in the middle of the night, it felt like someone’s inside his apartment. He checked the clock; it’s only 3 o’clock in the morning. He rise and decided to drink some water, he’s heading to the fridge when someone grab him from behind.