vii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently, a good night's sleep could cure anything. Taecyeon was convinced, for one. Yesterday, he had arrived home late after a long, long day at work with many, many names and belonging profiles to study and remember. His headache was explosive and his mood bottomless. Perhaps not even dormancy would solve his tiredness.

Thankfully, Chansung had noticed immediately and taken care of him by buying food and doing the dishes without complaint. Taecyeon had felt very grateful towards his friend and roommate, promising to return the favor shortly. He thought of gathering their friends, to celebrate his new employment, and thank Chansung. As a treat for their endless support, though, in all honesty, they sometimes showed it rather poorly or weirdly. Nevertheless, they were his friends, after all.

And, they were men, with wills of their own, Taecyeon noticed to his dismay. Because around 11 o'clock, he received a call from his roommate, announcing that he was in the foyer, waiting for Taecyeon to let him in and show him around.

"Dude, are you insane?" Taecyeon hissed, despite the fact that he, in a repetition of the previous day, was alone in a conference room, continuously studying and dying by himself, hour after hour. "I'm at work and busy, I don't have the time to entertain you right now."

"You promised to return the favor," Chansung replied with the stubborn assurance of a child. "And I can claim whichever situation or action as my favor, whenever I want."

The grasp around his cellphone intensified and Taecyeon grinded his teeth. Irritation bubbled underneath the surface of his skin and a nerve even twitched by corner of his left eye. He inhaled slowly, deeply, while impatiently waiting for his friend to give in. Eventually, he felt defeat and lost the battle of wills.

With a sigh, he caved and said, "Fine. One hour, it's all I can offer. Otherwise, we're leaving the building together."

Despite the conversation taking place through their phones, Taecyeon could practically hear Chansung gleefully tiptoe in place and clap his hands in excitement. The kid often did when he got what he wanted. However, the thing was, his buddy actually thought that no one knew of his habit.

"I'll come down soon, don't go anywhere, you hear?" he instructed Chansung, who quickly pledge not to leave his spot.

But, all it took was ten minutes to find out that the kid hadn't meant anything with his jackass' promise. Curses lowly dripped from Taecyeon's mouth as he spun around while gazing about the foyer. The bastard was nowhere to be seen and Taecyeon began to panic.

Damn himself, for trusting his friends! No doubt, Chansung was going to get into trouble of any kind. In his defense, he couldn't help it. It lay in his nature and childish personality, to annoy and stir issues with others. Therefore, it was twice the burden for people like Taecyeon and friends in Chansung's life. Not only to look after him; to look out for others in the kid's presence.

Speaking of which, Taecyeon noticed that a brawl by the turnstiles started to increase in volume. Ok, he had found Chansung. A frustrated sigh escaped his lips while he began heading towards security. People who passed through the gates stared at the awkward scenery before them: a young man in a white tank top and sweatpants arguing with a suited, muscular security guard who remained calm.

Even to Taecyeon, the situation looked absurd. He found it entertaining and gave it a few minutes, to see how far his friend would take it. But, eventually, he felt that he needed to step in. The kid was stubborn and the quarrel began to take a turn for the worse. In the end, Chansung wouldn't win no matter.

"Alright, alright," Taecyeon said while hurrying forward when Chansung tensed his fist. It had better not turn physical, or both of them risked leaving the building accompanied by police officers.

With his arms around Chansung's torso, he tried to pull him away from the security guard before the situation became violent. "Buddy, that's enough."

"Taecyeon! Can you believe this guy? He thinks I'm an idiot!" his friend complained a little too loudly and tried to resist any attempts to get him away. In response, Taecyeon rolled his eyes and fought on.

"Yeah, he isn't mistaken either," he muttered in annoyance.

It caught Chansung's attention. "Excuse me?" the kid gasped.

Nevertheless, Taecyeon didn't care for his friend's pride anymore. They both had lost their dignity by now; he literally held up the kid while his feet and legs limped along the floor, as if a lifeless doll. Neither of them would have been in the situation, however, had Chansung kept his promise and waited for him where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter