ix

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loudly, his heart pounded. It beat faster than usual. Taecyeon gulped. A drop of sweat ran down his neck and along the spine. His fingernails dug into the palms of his hands. To say that he felt nervous wasn't far from an understatement. 

Seeing as the man hadn't got any idea whether he and the miss were alright or not, his reactions were perfectly reasonable. Especially, given that she had called him approximately a quarter earlier. Despite that it only took five minutes to reach her office, he stood outside her door first now. In other words, he had purposely delayed his arrival, which only added to his worry. His own actions punished him. 

With a deep sigh, expanding his lungs to maximum, Taecyeon grabbed the handle. With slow pressure, he pushed it down and opened the door slowly. With his other hand, he knocked gently against the door.

It happened when he raised his gaze from the floor and took a step forward, that he noticed the silence. When he looked up, his heart stopped. Because, as expected, sat Miss Im in her usual chair. She wasn't alone, however. Two women, one standing by the windows, the other leaning comfortably in the armchair behind the desk, had joined his boss. And, they all watched him with amused eyes.

They had been waiting for him, and his worried state when arriving was funny, apparently. His theory was proven correct when they all giggled simultaneously. Taecyeon felt as if he, a little boy in love, had walked into a den of teenage girls where his crush spent her evening, in hopes of confessing to someone who only thought of him as cute and adorable. In other words, he felt small and in a lower position.

"Mr Ok, I'm glad that you could finally join us," Miss Im said with a smile. "Have a seat and we'll get started. Time's essential today, and we're close to deadline."

As little as he understood what the lady meant, Taecyeon did as asked. While sitting in the available armchair in front of the lady's desk, he stole glances of the lady who occupied the seat next to him. She was quite a beauty, with a large smile that turned her eyes into crescents. Her hair, light brown with cold undertones, was quite long and slightly curled by the ends. Although her style wasn't particularly outstanding, the overall finish told him that she cared about her looks.

"Stephanie Hwang, professionally known as simply Tiffany," the smiling lady greeted him and reached out a hand. He quickly grabbed it and bowed while shaking hands.

The other, unknown woman joined in. "Way to introduce yourself, Fany," she exclaimed and rolled her eyes, before leaving her spot by the window and walking up to Taecyeon to present herself.

She, too, was pretty. Her coppery hair waved down to her collarbones. Whereas Tiffany was more casual to her fashion, her friend seemed ready to party in a glittering blue dress underneath an open trenchcoat and matching heels. It left quite a majestic impression, reinforced by her distant yet playful gaze. But, the aura around her completely changed when she greeted him.

"Hello, I'm Jessica," she smiled, which lightened the mood rather massively. Watching the alteration happen right before him made Taecyeon wonder if she had dual personalities.

"Taecyeon," he answered and shook her hand. When they let go, it was Miss Im's turn to speak. "Alright, shall we get started?"

With a few words, the other ladies got to start. Tiffany rose up and headed to a clothes rack on wheels he hadn't noticed. Jessica headed out of the room, only to return with bags made square because of their content. She walked and came back in several rounds, lastly rolling in a large body mirror, before she and Tiffany unpacked everything.

For some reason, Taecyeon saw a closet unfold in front of him, one piece of clothing at a time. Further inspection revealed that it wasn't anything except men's clothes, which made him more suspicious. The women had even set up a temporary dressing room, made up of a cover hanging from a clothes rack.

"Come here, Taecyeon," said the lady with an eye smile. He immediately obliged. On the way, he managed to send a fast gaze of worry and questions towards Miss Im. But, she only read a paper.

He stopped in front of Tiffany and watched her go through racks of suits. It made his brows frown. Yet, he remained still and silent. Following second, Jessica came to him and crouched. She brought forth a measuring tape and pulled it straight from his hips to his ankle, before discussing the results with Tiffany.

Next thing the man knew, he stood behind the cover with a set consisting of a suit and shirt. They hadn't expressed their wishes openly, but he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter