xiv

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Roughly 30 minutes later, they had landed and reached ground. Taecyeon thanked his lucky star for a second time. Because the flight hadn't been very pleasant. Whatsoever. Sure, the pilots were skilled and there wasn't any turbulence. Everything was comfortable and calm. A flight attendant looked after his need for food. Except for eating nuts, though, Taecyeon hadn't got a clue of what to do with himself. 

Fully stretching his body high, he deeply inhaled a huge amount of chilly and fresh air. When stepping out of the airport, he had instantly revitalized. Fatigue left his limbs and his mind seemed to clear up. Boredom and lack of solutions to it usually wore a man down. It felt great to awake, in heart and spirit, again.  

Only, when Taecyeon turned around, his happiness was crushed under the weight of the vision of a limousine in front of him. Seeing Miss Im and Seohyun enter it without hesitation, Taecyeon understood that the group were to travel to their accommodation in a car. But, thinking about it, how else were they going to reach the city? After all, it was quite the distance between the airport and Tokyo. Still, Taecyeon couldn't state that he was looking forward to sitting down for another hour and a half.  

With hanging shoulders, Taecyeon, too, moved towards the car while the chauffeur put their luggage in the trunk. Shortly after, they were on their way again and everybody began an activity of their own. Except for him. While the personal assistant returned to her tablet, Miss Im continued with her magazine and the man didn't know what to do. What amazed him regarding the woman, though, was that she never seemed to leave the same article. Could the lady possibly be a slow reader? It would explain all the minutes she had forced him to wait when she called him and he arrived to her office.

As strange as it seemed, Taecyeon didn't pay it much thought, though. He was lonely, bored and equally tired as he was restless. It was a weird combination that made him thankful to have reached ground again. But, he didn't feel too pleased to be locked into another vehicle. It would certainly be another nice trip, indeed.

Yet, it certainly was, he learned. Something shook his shoulder and his eyes snapped open. Confused, he looked around. Following second, though, drowsiness struck him again and he yawned big. A snort of laughter reached his ears. Turning to his left with hanging lids, he found the miss in the seat next to him. Miss Im was smiling widely without looking at him. But, something told him that it was because of him.  

His suspicions were confirmed when she said, "Time to wake up, Mr Ok," before the door opened and she exited the car. 

Because of his groggy state, his gaze followed her frame as it left the vehicle and he ended up shrugging. Taecyeon, then, did the same as the woman before him and stepped out on the street. A huge mess of different sounds struck him instantly. Plenty of it came from the traffic behind him where cars drove by, honked or hit the brakes. It was a busy city, to say the least.  

Despite plenty of noises, it didn't fully wake him up. As if a zombie, he looked about himself. In front of him, a large building rose proudly towards the dark and cloudy sky above the city. Supposedly, it would rain during the night. On each side of a large entrance of wide glass doors stood two men dressed in long coats and charming top hats. They greeted and welcomed or bid farewell to guests whenever they arrived to or left the premises. Behind them were two flowerbeds in plenty of colors, from white and blue to pink, purple and yellow in different heights and of various sizes and shapes. 

Still, the inviting and luxurious view wasn't enough to wake Taecyeon up. In a trance, he noticed that Miss Im and Seohyun had passed the massive doors and entered the hotel. The women walked into the lobby, where a waiting man and woman greeted them with bows. With hanging eyelids, Taecyeon listened to an inner urge and followed them inside. Because of customary and flattering exchange of greetings and small talk, he received the time to reach the group, silently joining the quadruplets.

Perhaps, they had been waiting for him. Something gave him the notion since the man, a manager, and his female assistant began to lead the miss and Seohyun away from the lobby, towards the elevator. Taecyeon didn't even get the time to stand motionless for more than a second. But, it might've been a blessing in disguise. If he gave it some thought despite his dazed state of mind, it meant that the sooner they reached their rooms, the sooner he would reach his bed. Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter