xiii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Given his surroundings, Taecyeon was surprised to learn that there wasn't much to do in a flying, expensive castle. Naturally, though, there was a limit to the amount of activities a man could do on an aircraft with only a living room, kitchen and belonging dining room. 

Despite the endless channels, the man found himself browsing through them all. Taecyeon imitated Miss Im by reading a magazine, yet couldn't find a single one that interested him. While in the dining room, he tried to solve a game or two of sudoku. It didn't go particularly well and he quickly gave up. Perhaps he simply was too stupid for the puzzle of numbers and digits. 

He couldn't talk to Seohyun, either. The young woman had remained asleep for most of the hour, making him wish that he could do the same. However, Taecyeon hadn't been much of a sleeper on airplanes through his life. Maybe the reason was the fact that as a child, he and his family had been travelling a lot. During a particular flight, he was asleep when the plane went through much turbulence. He struck the board above his seat, only to fall against the chair next. It had hurt like hell. Most of all, though, it had scared him senseless. Although he, as a grown man, had overcome his fear of removing his seatbelt while in flight, Taecyeon still couldn't find a solution to help stop himself from opening his eyes whenever he tried to sleep. 

Currently, Taecyeon settled for watching a nighttime news program. Two anchors conducted an interview with a professor of some kind. It didn't interest him whatsoever. But, he didn't know what else to watch. Especially when he didn't feel comfortable enough to change it without permission. After all, the man wasn't on his own territory. 

With a sigh from the pit of his lungs, Taecyeon stood up from his armchair. He headed to the kitchen. After grabbing a glass of water due to his need for something to quench his thirst, he returned to the living room. Ignoring the tv, he chose to sit in the couch instead. Not much time was left before the plane would descended and reach ground. But, it didn't mean that it felt as though it would happen shortly. Each second passed slowly, as if one was in fact ten. 

To put it simply, Taecyeon was incredibly bored. All he knew that he could do, was to stare out of the window. However, it was only black. Another sigh escaped his lips and the man turned around to lean his neck against the backrest. Staring into the ceiling, he felt himself slightly lose sense of time. He tried to think of ways to entertain himself for the remaining amount of time. They had to land soon, right? 

After the plane had taken off, Taecyeon had gone to change into more comfortable wear. He, then, played games on his cellphone for, perhaps, 30 minutes before it wasn't fun enough anymore. Plus, it only took battery. Sometime later, he tried to read magazines. But, he could only choose between gossip or fashion, making him drop the thought of reading instantly and change to watching tv. Again, he tired of the activity and found himself in the current situation. 

Strangely, Taecyeon felt restless and tired at the same time. Trapped, as well. He wanted to sleep. But, again, the man couldn't. Despite the luxurious surroundings, he preferred to be home and heading to bed. Probably because he didn't have a clue why he came along, in the first place. Plus, the private jet was beautifully decorated yet lacked a sense of soul, a touch of humanity. It made Taecyeon slightly more aware of his behavior. Unconsciously, at least. 

"I advise you to relax, Mr Ok," Miss Im suddenly spoke. He raised the neck and looked across the room. She still read a magazine and Taecyeon could tell that she had been able to read his mindset without looking away from the text.

"Do as Seohyun and take a nap, if you need," she added, her eyes clearly following the lines of the article in front of her. Taecyeon turned to Seohyun, who, as previously stated, had fallen asleep. She peacefully rested in her armchair, leaning back and tucked in under a blanket. Her tablet lay on a table nearby.

Even though it was inviting to visit Sandman as well, Taecyeon didn't feel any kind of tiredness. Although he had been active since seven o'clock in the previous morning, worked all day, attended a business event as the lady's date and stepped into an airplane, Taecyeon didn't want to sleep anymore. He alternated between fatigue and a burst of energy each second. It was frustrating, in fact. 

Perhaps it was nervosity of what was to come since he had no clue. It might have been resentment from being forced to come along. Because the miss had made it obvious that she wouldn't accept refusal when telling him to prepare for the trip. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter