iii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been nothing except a pity party. But, what a pity party it had been! With the grin of a drunk fool on his lips, Taecyeon continued to trudge home. Despite the wobbly walk, he managed to make it forward. Albeit crisscrossing the street in the meantime. Still, nobody got hurt. Most seemed to be asleep, judging by the dark windows filling the walls of the buildings he passed.

He should be in bed as well, in proactive attempts to minimize the upcoming hangover. Yet, the night had been too much fun to end early. All the things that he and his boys had done after gathering to cheer him up following his failed interview previously. 

Seven hours earlier, Taecyeon and four out of his group of friends had gathered at their usual spot: the east corner of a lively traffic junction in the entertainment neighborhoods of the city. Everyone except himself were in a good and excited mood to get the spontaneous, midweek boys' night out started. It felt like a wonder that Taecyeon hadn't trotted home during the first hour since they met. Because of his sour spirits, he could have any given minute. 

Thankfully, kiddo Chansung had stubbornly dragged him along to one of their favorite bars whereas Wooyoung and Nichkhun followed, giving an emotional and mental push. Surrounded by positive vibes, Taecyeon felt inner tensions slowly began to loosen. The process speeded up with the assistance of two quickly swept bottles of beer. With a warm feeling in his stomach, the fun grew in size and intensity fast. 

First thing on the agenda was, of course, bar games! For every peanut missed when aiming for an empty glass at the end of the bar counter, the shooter had to drink as many sips of beer. The bill ran off in light speed given how often they all missed. Wooyoung, in particular, stank at it. Since no one of them had eaten any food or snacks before taking in alcohol, all of their misses doubled, tripled. Their speech slurred, their vision juggled and their aim . Big time. 

Once Nichkhun had finished his second and final round by happily chugging his punishment, Taecyeon announced dinnertime. His intestines growled in hunger and he figured that all of them needed something to be able to continue. Otherwise, they would fall to the ground one by one, as if a human size game of domino. 

Hearing the change of plans, Chansung and Wooyoung stood on a barstool and the floor respectively, howling loudly. Laughing at the attention drawing situation, Taecyeon took the bill before he and Nichkhun shoved the younger ones outside. Not much force was needed as the kids ran ahead. However, their disappearance wasn't problematic. The following duo knew where they were heading: the restaurant perfect for drunken dinners.

And it was without complaints that the four reassembled. Since the usual orders had already been made, Taecyeon took a seat at their table while their Thai friend went to the bathroom. Moments later, he smacked Chansung on the back head for shouting an inappropriate comment after Nichkhun. The gesticulation earned him a glare from the youngster. As easily amused as a child, Wooyoung simply laughed mockingly. Eventually, all joined him. Nichkhun must've been quite frightened when returning to a scene of hysterically laughing men. Their meals arrived shortly, luckily putting an end to their salvo of laughter. 

During the next half an hour, not a sound came from their table. Except from slurping and a few mockeries of another's accidents involving slippery noodles and plenty of broth splashing all over. Naturally, Chansung and Wooyoung were the frontrunners regarding bad etiquette. Although Taecyeon wasn't an angel, he did manage to keep his splashing to a minimum. Of course, the saint of manners was Nichkhun. Not even a single drop on a corner of his mouth. 

After their stomachs were full and their second bill had been paid, the evening continued to another bar. The quartet felt less tipsy than before food had entered their systems, which meant that they needed to step it up. For a change, they stopped by a sports bar. It was a tense atmosphere when they walked inside. Plasma screens all over the walls showed an ongoing game of soccer. Since they were hushed when they as much as muttered their orders to the bartender, they chose to partake in the uneventful yet excitement watching of the game. 

Because, man, how the entire building roared when a player got the ball around the opponent's goalkeeper and into the goal. Not to mention that the roof rose and the windows nearly cracked when the right country won the entire game. Hands clapped, tight fist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter