xvi

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss, will you stop giggling every time you see me?" Taecyeon asked in the politest tone of voice he could produce. Only a pair of frowning brows, closed eyes and pursed lips revealed his inner state of irritation. However, it didn't mean that it affected Miss Im, or that she noticed. 

With repressed strength, he reached forth the cone of ice cream he had bought for her. But, simply because she demanded it of him. Otherwise, he wouldn't have. Given that he had thought that they slept together the previous night, which the woman reciprocated with chuckles and snorts of laughter whenever she saw him, Taecyeon certainly didn't see that he had a reason. 

"You're welcome," he mumbled and sat down on the bench, next to her.

As though a child, the lady's eyes sparkled when she grasped the cone of coconut and chocolate peppermint ice cream. Literally, she even her upper lip in excitement. The man stared in disbelief, before he grunted and looked away, ready to enjoy his own choice of flavors. Nothing beat lemon and pear. 

It was a beautiful day. The sun shone brightly from the open sky as few, thin clouds drifted by occasionally. Considering the great weather and the location, Miss Im had decided to spend her time to explore the city and enjoy what it had to offer. It included food and shopping, pacing the streets, browsing through windows and shops as well as people watching. To his annoyance, Taecyeon had to come along, to act as her photographer. 

"Of course, who else except you, Mr Ok?" she had replied when the man objected to her decision. Or, demands rather. Seohyun had disappeared earlier during the morning without a word or notification where she had gone. As there wasn't anyone else to accustom to the lady's request, Taecyeon could only tag along. There wasn't much else to say. Miss Im had made her case. 

"How's yours?" the woman asked, a lump of ice cream in the corner of . And running down her chin. 

Doubting the view in front of him, Taecyeon skeptically stared at her. Miss Im stared back with large eyes, dangling her legs, while she ate the dessert without taking a break to paus or breathe. Quite the sight. Again, he snorted and grabbed a tissue. 

"Baby," the man whispered and he harshly wiped her skin clean. At times, the lady was impossible. She whimpered in response as he rubbed and chin. Yet, the miss didn't move away. 

When Taecyeon finished, she pouted. For only a second, though. The miss quickly returned to her eating habits. Man, currently, he did not look forward to having children. A small girl with black hair and bangs, then, ran passed them with a huge bubble wand. The vision of the running, happy creature ought to have made anyone melt. Taecyeon, however, only reacted with disgust. Probably because of his interactions with the adult kiddo next to him. 

Still, it didn't stop him from following the girl with glued eyes. Maybe, it was a reflection of unconscious wishes, or something. 

"Are you expecting?" Miss Im suddenly asked in between her ice cream. She, too, watched the girl. But, Taecyeon couldn't read her thoughts or emotions. It was clear that she had shut off, for some reason. 

"Excuse me?" the man retorted, to which she responded, "Are you having a baby soon?" 

Taecyeon blinked several times while trying to understand her question. Was she making a joke, or did she actually wonder? 

"Certainly not," he answered eventually. "To begin with, I don't have a wife." 

Miss Im shrugged carelessly. "You and the girlfriend can still conceive a child." 

Given the fact that Taecyeon had awoken to the fear that he might have slept with the lady next to him, the choice of topic made him extremely uncomfortable. It didn't seem to bother the miss, though.

Peacefully, the lady ate her frozen dessert. When it was finished, she leaned towards Taecyeon and grabbed his cone, which he hadn't touched in the last few minutes, no questions asked. Clearly, the lady was used to getting her way. 

"No, we can't," Taecyeon answered, continuing the conversation while ignore the obvious issue at hand; she stole his ice cream. What the hell?

Having grabbed a bite, Miss Im wondered, "How come? Do you, the man, have issues?"

Forced to blink twice hearing the question, Taecyeon seriously doubted the situation. Did the lady, for real, ask him if he had issues? With his body, with his lower regions, with his willy? Had he imagined the words? Or, had the woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter