xv

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of a snore reached his ears, and Taecyeon sat up.

Instantly, however, he was forced to close his eyes again. Blinding sunlight shone in from the windows next to him, making it difficult to see properly. After quite a while, though, he managed to adjust to the bright light and received a proper chance to inspect his surroundings.

Because, quite frankly, the man had no recollections of the previous night. 

Looking around with heavy eyelids, Taecyeon felt that he hadn't fully awoken, which led to the conclusion that he didn't understand what he saw. He sat on the most comfortable mattress the man had the luck to have encountered, underneath a large and warm blanket. It had been folded to the side, which revealed messy sheets. Dang, had it been a wild night for him?

Furthermore, he noticed that heavy curtains of velvet were pulled aside and revealed a gorgeous scenery of Tokyo town. With a tired smile, Taecyeon leaned back against his hands and scratched the back of his head. He could vividly imagine that he and the old fart would get along quite well. 

Until… a realization struck him. 

Slowly, his head with enlarged eyes, ready to pop out any second, turned back to its normal position. Meaning, he looked straight ahead again. Towards the end of the bed, near his feet. Very close to edge of the mattress, he noticed a garment he didn't recognize. But, something told him that he knew exactly what it was and, most of all, to whom it belonged.

Because, the night dress wasn't his. Despite his tired state of mind and recently awoken brain, Taecyeon, for sure, could remember that he had never ever bought nor worn a night gown. For 's sake, the piece of fabric was way too small! It could barely fit an arm of his. Not to brag about his muscles, 'cuz they did look good. But, it was true, though. 

The piece of clothing was tiny. It had tiny straps. The hemline was tiny. Heck, even the pattern of dark blue and pink squares was tiny. If Taecyeon had even looked at it, his mates would have punched him. It was way too feminine and girly, he would never… 

Oh no. , no. Please, no. 

With a strongly growing sense of panic, Taecyeon began to put two and two together. , the messy sheets, the feminine night dress… no, the sloppy state of his hair! His groggy mode overall! They all confirmed his suspicions. He had slept with someone.

Not a random stranger either. The only women that had been in his presence during the last 24 hours were Miss Im and Seohyun, of which he was certain. It meant, to the greatest horror of his life, greater than the time when he learned the hard way as a young boy not to sleep during flights, that he had ed either his boss or his colleague. 

A chill with the temperature of Antartica ran down his spine. With dread larger than the moon bursting in his chest, Taecyeon felt that he couldn't contain the emotion and feeling that exploded inside. 

He screamed. 

Given the high pitch and length of period it lasted, it wasn't his proudest moment. However, in his defense, Taecyeon had to let it out. Because he had slept with either his boss or the sweet, innocent Seohyun. Either was as equally bad as the other. 

If Taecyeon had been giving it to the miss last night, it would cause a colossal rift between them. How would he be able to work with a woman with who he had shared s? It could cost the man his job since the woman had good reason to fire him! The level of unprofessionalism went through the roof. 

The same could be said for Seohyun. Or, rather, if it was her the situation regarded, it must have meant that he had forced his lusts and loins on her, to which she probably allowed herself to be convinced. Shame and regret would explain the lack of her physical presence beside him. 

Of all people he could have messed up, not sweet, innocent Seohyun. The little personal assistant who had become his friend. If true, Taecyeon planned to either resign voluntarily or throw himself out of the window and thereby solving the problem. 

With shaky lips, the man leaned his face against his hands. Sweat pooled in his palms. His breath was unstable, thoughts went all over the place, the heart pounded hard inside of his chest, each beat strong enough to make it uncomfortable, nearly painful. 

, how he, a man without faith or religion, suddenly prayed that everything was a nightmare from which he would wake up soon enough. Please, don't let it be true… his mind chanted re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter