xxiii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As smooth as could be, Taecyeon exited the car outside of the hotel. In line with most buildings around, it was large and tall, emitting an atmosphere of glamour and luxury, which seemed to match where Taecyeon was heading. Dressed in a tuxedo and shirt, he matched the surrounding aura quite well. However, his looks had cost him nearly a month's pay. All to impress a lady… 

But… the bouquet, though. It didn't happen. Since he had already bought the woman a bundle of flowers, as well as personally delivering them to her door, he didn't see it fit to repeat it again. Especially in front of others. Plus, the bouquet would die unless it entered a vase with water quickly, and it would hardly happen in a restaurant. 

With a beating heart, Taecyeon entered the lounge of the hotel alongside other guests. Arriving with others made him feel less nervous and in the spotlight, making him blend in with strangers. But, when most of them headed left to enter a popular bar, Taecyeon went right towards the elevators. He was one of the few who would enter the prominent restaurant The Lee's. Despite its more casual name, the business was known for its acclaimed food and drinks and as well as impeccable services and decorations.

It was only natural that Taecyeon had butterflies in his stomach when he neared the receptionist in front of the elevator. Apparently, guests couldn't enter the lift unless they had booked a table, which was checked before entering. 

"Good evening," a clerk greeted with a smile, his head bald and his eyeglasses round. "How may I help you, sir?" 

"A table by 18.30, in the name of Miss Im Yoona," Taecyeon answered, only aware that he didn't greet the man once he had finished speaking. Gosh, could he be any ruder? 

The clerk nodded and looked through a book in front of him. "Very good, sir. Kindly enter the elevator and a waiter will expect your arrival," he answered and smiled, which Taecyeon reciprocated before turning about and leaving. 

During a couple of minutes, he waited to reach the restaurant as the beating of his heart rose along with the elevator. The closer he came to his destination, the more nervous he became, of course. He wasn't far from starting the dinner with his boss… If he hurried, he could press another button, stop at a different floor and take the elevator down again. Because, in the end, was it such a good idea to have dinner with the miss? 

He never managed to deliberate the question for a proper amount of time in order to find a good answer. Simply because Taecyeon reached his destination faster than he could have foreseen. Or, rather, he took too long to contemplate, as usual. 

Following swallowing hard, Taecyeon exited the elevator and entered a completely different world. Quite a magnificent of such as well. 

Precisely as the receptionist had explained, a young waiter waited for him, dressed in a shirt more expensive and crips than all of the shirts Taecyeon owned combined. It spoke of the class of the restaurant immensely. 

"Kindly follow me, sir," the man spoke and turned around to lead the way. It gave Taecyeon the chance to snoop. Because, oh boy! Was the guest list impressive, or what? 

If his eyes didn't fool him, Taecyeon spotted a politician snuggling with a woman that wasn't his wife. By another table, he recognized a group of famous models… and alongside the wall sat two or three celebrities from the movie and music industries. Given the household faces, Taecyeon could only guess that the rest of the guests were quite prominent as well. 

As well as Miss Im, Taecyeon soon noticed. 

"Sir?" the waiter spoke. 

Taecyeon blinked. For a moment, he and the waiter stared at each other, before Taecyeon realized that suddenly, he had stopped in the middle of his tracks and stared. It wasn't a complicated reason behind his reaction, though. 

Miss Im looked absolutely gorgeous. 

Hadn't the young man awoken him again, Taecyeon wouldn't have noticed that they had reached the table. Simply because he couldn't tear his eyes away from the woman who smiled invitingly towards him. 

Goddamn. She glowed. As in, for reals. Not only from the dim lights from the chandeliers, which spread warm, yellow rays. Her skin looked impossibly fair and her complexion bright.

The choice of wardrobe for the night was a long gown, covered in plum sequins from toes all the way to her wrists. It captured the radiation of the candle on the table quite well and drew the attention of the room towards her. Silky cascades of straight hair with golden undertones hung along her shoulders and down her revealed back, which he shortly discovered, whereas her lips and nails were tinted pink. 

"Do you feel unwell, Taecyeon?" Miss Im wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter