x

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow," Taecyeon mouthed. 

Seohyun smiled in appreciation and nodded, which signaled her gratitude. His eyes traveled from her sparkling gaze downwards. She wore a strapless ballgown in the color ruby, which brought out her pale skin. The fabric flared beautifully from her hips, accentuating her thin waist. Embellishments decorated the torso with a sweetheart neckline. Her hair was slightly waved and fell down her back. A diamond necklace hung around her neck and, along with some red lipstick, was her only accessory. 

The woman looked stunning. Figuring that any man would be lucky to dance with her during the night's festivities, Taecyeon wondered if he ought to call dibs on a song with her on the floor. Not in a romantic way. But, simply for the fun of moving around to music. It wasn't every day that he waltzed. Especially not with a pretty woman. 

"Come in, please," Seohyun spoke and opened the door wider for him to enter. 

He didn't move directly from the spot. Why? Because the man felt nervous. He had reached Miss Im's apartment. It felt as though he stood by the entrance to a bear's cave. Naturally, Taecyeon acted with caution. 

After gulping, he placed a foot on the floor of her lobby and carefully shifted the weight of his body forward. It didn't make a sound and he felt relieved, as if he actually entered the lair of a wild animal. Seohyun giggled, wondering what he was doing, which made his cheeks blush. To cover his embarrassment, Taecyeon began to hum to Pink Panther, gesturing a gun with his hands and acted that he was a spy. 

"You're silly," the woman laughed. Still, she decided to join him. Together, they slowly snuck through the lobby, pretending that they spoke via microphones by their wrists, talking about tactics and how to catch the culprit. 

When they reached the end of the hallway, however, Taecyeon felt himself drop his act along with his jaw. Because, before him lay the most elegant and gorgeous living area he had ever seen. It became apparent that Miss Im lived in a penthouse.

First of all, he took the elevators to the final store, which should have been evidence enough. Second, huge windows from floor to roof revealed a spectacular view of the city and river. Third, the lady had a large balcony and stairs of glass leading to a second floor with matching railings. Fourth, the area was huge, the height to the ceiling tall, and the rent most likely enormous. Fifth, a grand chandelier in gold with big crystals hung in the middle of the room. 

"Dang…" Taecyeon breathed. He didn't know how else to express himself. What could he possibly say to justify what he saw? To describe the man as speechless would be an understatement. Perhaps thoughtless was more accurate, given his shocked state of mind. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" asked Seohyun, who looked as impressed as himself.

Pfft, ladies and gentlemen, the year's understatement had been found, and the winner was the personal assistant of the two of them. His announcement caused Seohyun to walk up to him with a joyful smirk and slap him on the upper arm. 

"As if you had to ask," Taecyeon laughed, trying to avoid becoming the target of her strikes. They were quite tough on him, actually. Seohyun had more fierceness and strength in her than the young lady led on to believe. 

"Mr Ok," it suddenly sounded from above, interrupting their games. "What a pleasant surprise."

Taecyeon recognized the voice immediately, which had his smile disappear and his boy freeze. His mood went from bright and cheerful to nervous and worried in a bat of the eye. The beating muscle inside of his chest began to pound at the speed of a train. He gulped again, before turning around to greet his boss. 

He never got to open his mouth even. 

Goddess… was the word that struck and stuck in his head the moment Taecyeon laid eyes on Miss Im. She stood at the top of the staircase, causally putting on earrings without casting a look to him. A white creation covered in sequins wrapped around her body tightly before falling gently around her feet. It appeared a bit modest with long sleeves and a bateau neckline. Yet, the gown hugged her in all the right places, bringing forth her curves, slim limbs and tall figure. Her hair was straight and pulled behind her shoulders, which showed her long neck and the diamond earrings in her lobes. 

Stunning was the only way to describe her. In the end, though, it didn't do her beauty any justice, and he didn't know enough words to give it a second attempt. 

When the lady began to move, Taecyeon snapped out of his trance. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter