v

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miraculously, Taecyeon arrived to Im Media Corporation within 30 minutes since he ended the call that had changed his life: he had received the position! He should've entered the building with confident strides and a huge grin plastered on his face. The world ought to be his to capture.

Instead, the man stumbled through the revolving doors. His rushed breathing caused his lungs to expand until the point where they almost popped the buttons on his shirt. Perhaps a sight for the ladies since he had a rather nice chest and toned torso. However, it certainly wouldn't impress neither the personal assistant who waited for him by the reception, nor the old security guard who had eyed him suspiciously yesterday. Taecyeon didn't want to worsen the awkward atmosphere between them.

Seeing as his presence was expected, Taecyeon quickly tried to gather himself and prepare his appearance. He opened his shoulder bag and grabbed his blazer. Thankfully, he had thought of the idea to cram the garment into his bag and run with only his shirt and tie. Because currently, he could hide the large sweat spots underneath the pits of his arms. It was actually a great idea Chansung had presented right before he left their apartment, and he mentally thanked his friend again for his heroic deeds during the morning.

Despite the agreement with Seohyun, he had rushed through the city. He awoke rather late in the morning and didn't want to arrive any later to his new workplace. Although the young woman recommended to look proper and professional when arriving, Taecyeon couldn't shake the feeling of restlessness. He wanted to give as much time as possible to his first official day, whether it would concern paperwork, a guided tour, meeting and greeting his new colleagues, or exploring the area by himself.

It began when he approached Seohyun after trying to rescue his looks to his best abilities. Still, Taecyeon couldn't do much about the newly created drops of sweat forming on his neck and forehead. A glass of water would bring down his inner temperatures. But, he didn't dare to ask her and only greeted her.

"Good morning, Seohyun," he spoke carefully yet with a cheerful tone. The young woman turned around from a conversation with a small group of receptionists. However, he noticed that her gleeful anticipation quickly subsided and was replaced by a light blush. Her eyes widened while her gaze was glued to his abdomen.

The reaction crumbled his confidence. He had received every lady's attention, and when he heard that the receptionists began to giggle, Taecyeon figured it was because of him and that the reason wasn't positive.

Luckily, before the tense discomfort worsened, Seohyun gathered herself and looked up with red cheeks and a huge grin. "Mr Ok, you're here," the young woman said and reached forth a hand.

"Welcome as a new employee for Im Media," she continued when he returned the gesture and they shook hands. When it ended, she turned around to speak to the receptionists again. Once again, they giggled except for Seohyun.

"Haven't you seen a man before, Hyun?" one of them teased, which earned her a snub.

After gathering and grasping a plastic pocket of papers, she faced Taecyeon once again. "Please, follow me, sir," she said and lead the way towards the turnstiles. Seohyun went through first and when it was Taecyeon's turn, the old security guard caught his attention.

The man smirked lightly. And, while he stared Taecyeon in the eye, he drew a line down his torso. The gesture made Taecyeon twitch away from him in surprise, unsure of how to interpret it. Goosebumps formed across his arms, which his clothes thankfully hid, and he hurried up to Seohyun's side, ready to forget the weird exchange.

In silence, they approached and waited for the elevators. It was equally quiet when they entered a lift and neither said a word when the doors closed. However, Taecyeon felt his jaw drop the moment he noticed something. Due to the elevator's mirrored walls, he saw that his entire shirt was transparent across his chest. No freaking wonder people reacted weirdly in his presence!

His ears began to burn and Taecyeon quickly buttoned his blazer to hide the embarrassing sight of his shirt glued to his sweaty muscles. It certainly put previous scenarios in perspective. It explained why Seohyun reacted strangely, the receptionists' giggling, and the actually non-ual gesture from the old security guard. Humiliating, to say the least.

Once the elevator came to a stop, however, Seohyun seemed to have moved onto other thoughts. Taecyeon decided to do the same. Right behind her, he followed her through the corridor leading to the lobby outside of Miss Im's office. Instead of their head's room, they took a right and headed into a room that was closed the other day. When both had entered, Seohyun stepped aside and shut the door behind him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter