xx

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Buying his boss flowers, however, were easier said than done. Sorry, Mrs Son, Taecyeon thought. And again, thank you. He came to the realization the hard way – hours upon hours of contemplation. 

After Taecyeon had left the park, the man couldn't stop recalling the encounter with the older woman. Each time resulted in hot cheeks and ears as well as a loud groan. Without much reservation, he had given into his feelings and cried for quite the moment next to Mrs Son. Right after he had eaten in her food and washed ushed dishes and cutlery, before joining the older woman outside of her tent and receiving kind advice from her. 

Could he be any more of a drama queen? 

Probably. Because Taecyeon never managed to gather the courage to follow through with the advice Mrs Son provided him. 

Ugh, he was such a coward. Whenever he saw or thought of flowers, he cringed thorougly. He palmed his face and gritted his teeth each time simply due to the recurring flashbacks from his morning. Taecyeon was of the belief that a man ought not to cry. Especially not in front of women. In particular in front of elderly such as Mrs Son. She had cooked his food, for goodness' sake. 

Everything started a lively discussion and debate on a mental level of his. Was it appropriate to bring his employer a bouquet of flowers? Taecyeon doubted it since his actions risked starting rumors and suspicions of inappropriate relations between them. Certainly, it was the last thing that he wished to occur as the company's newest employee. It could damage his image and discard any of his professional merits.

More importantly, he could risk losing his job. He felt quite positive that romantic relationships within the company's building wasn't looked upon gracefully, and it would reflect poorly on Miss Im. She could be accussed of abusing her position of power against her employees in the form of ual harassment. Taecyeon definitely didn't want to be the source of such beliefs. 

Hence, the man never mentioned a sound of the old woman's floral advice even to Chansung. The kiddo would have used it new material to pester and torment him for personal amusement. It was a loaded topic and he felt anxious enough. He didn't need it to grow further because of his immature and dumb roommate. 

Following day, Taecyeon headed to work as if nothing. The idea remained in his mind, still, though. It was impossible to release since it haunted him despite the time difference of a day. Given the large building he entered, Taecyeon couldn't stop himself from recalling everything that had happened in another city in another country during the weekend. What sprung to his mind was the image of Miss Im, and he immediately wondered whether the woman had made it home safely. He made it his quest to find out. 

The moment he entered the elevator and it began to rise, as usual, Taecyeno began to feel strange, though. Queasy, in ways. A lump started to form at the pit of his stomach and it didn't feel all too good. Not because of nausea, however. Perhaps it was a mix of instincts and nervousness. Something told him that the morning wouldn't be as calm and normal as he wanted to believe. 

It was pretty much confirmed when the reception on Miss Im's floor was empty. Taecyeon tried to persuade himself that the receptionist was simply away becasuse of professional tasks and other business. However, instincts told him otherwise and deep inside, he knew that it was related to their mutual director. 

Not long after he had entered his office and his computer, Taecyeon heard footsteps nearing from the elevator. Deciding to have a look to see who it could possibly be, he rose up to his feet. But, he didn't get particularly far when the footsteps stopped in front of his open door and a most familiar figure looked inside. 

"Mr Ok? Are you in?" asked Miss Im's personal assistant.

Seohyun seemed dressed slightly more informal, despite looking proper and professional in all aspects. He couldn't really describe why he received the impression. But, Taecyeon could tell that the young woman hadn't arrived to work for the day. Rather he suspected that she only made a brief stop in the office before she headed out again. 

Perhaps it was the chance to speak with the young woman that Taecyeon had sought after ever since Miss Im's incident began. The man definitely saw it in such light and decided to grab it before Seohyun slipped away and the chance with her.

Basically, he needed answers to everything regarding the miss. 

"Hey, Seohyun," Taecyeon greeted and walked to the reception outside his office.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter