Chapter 2

Sequences

 

Chaerin leaned on the wastafel, she sighed and shook her head, "Pffiuh Lee Chaerin, what are you doing? You even think about him when you're with some other guy. Why am I like this..." she said to herself.
 
“Come on Chaerin, don’t disappoint Minji. You promised her to move on. I will!”
 
After calming herself down, she decided to go back and looking for Minji. She thought it was enough for her and she needed to go home now. Chaerin started to worry again when she didn't see Minji everywhere. She swept her eyes through the crowd, but she still couldn't find where the red haired girl was. 
 
"Geez Minji where the hell are you?" Chaerin said in frustration.
 
She absolutely couldn't go home without Minji. Minji was the one who held the car key and the apartment key. 
 
"I am so dead." Chaerin said in a very low voice but somehow it can be heard by someone who was standing behind her, "Who's dead?"
 
Chaerin turned her head surprised by the person she looked at, "Oh it's you again."
 
Junhyung smiled at her and offered her a drink. They both sat at the bar.
 
"So, are you a dancer?"
 
Chaerin looked up from her glass to Junhyung who's staring at her now, "Sorry?"
 
"Are you a dancer? I mean, you were really great."
 
"Nah. I'm just killing time by dancing. But I shared an apartment with my friend who is a dancer."
 
Junhyung took a sip from his drink, "Really? Why you're not?"
 
"Why you asked so many questions?" Chaerin raised one of her brows.
 
He chuckled, "Hmm. Curious?"
 
Chaerin rolled her eyes and looked away. She once again swept her eyes through the crowd to find Minji.
 
Realised that Chaerin was looking for someone, Junhyung asked her, "Are you looking for someone?"
 
"I came here with my friend. She holds the car key and our apartment key. Now if I don't find her then I can't go home."
 
"Well, have you tried to call her?"
 
Okay stupid Chaerin, why didn't you call her earlier, she thought.
 
Chaerin took out her phone and dialled Minji's number. But there was no answer.
 
"God damn it!"
 
"No answer?"
 
He really could read by Chaerin's reaction when calling Minji. Chaerin nodded and sighed, "Omo what to do..."
 
"Maybe she'll call you back later."
 
"But when will this later happen, I want to go home like now. Seriously." Chaerin mumbled to herself but it was loud enough for Junhyung that he could hear her obviously.
 
He chuckled. Chaerin looked at him and pouted.
 
"Can I give you a ride home?"
 
Chaerin raised her brows, "Didn't I tell you that Minji got all the keys?"
 
"Minji? So this friend of yours is... Minji?"
 
"Yes. You know her?"
 
“I met her first before I met you. Ah. Hyunseung. She must be with him now."
 
“You know Hyunseung too?“
 
“Yeah. He’s my best friend, actually.“
 
“Great. She‘s having fun and I‘m the one who‘s in pain.”
 
Chaerin held out her hand and accidentally hit someone who passed by her. That someone was holding a glass of cocktail and it fell right on to Chaerin’s lap. The contains spread all over her dress and making her in a mess. She stood up in shock with a mouth hang open.
 
“Oh my god. I’m so sorry. It was an accident.” the girl who looked only a year younger that Chaerin bowed for a couple of times and felt sorry. “It was my fault who didn’t pay attention.”
 
Chaerin shrugged off, “No no, it’s not your fault. I was the one who hit your hand.”
 
“Are you okay?” Junhyung asked her in a worry.
 
“I’m okay. But I’m all wet, which is SO not okay.” 
 
“Come on. I’ll take you to my apartment. You’ll catch a cold.” Junhyung grabbed her wrist quickly and dragged her from there.”
 
“B-but… Yah! Junhyung, I…”
 
Chaerin couldn’t help but to let herself dragged by him, the person who spitted the drink all over her mouthed a word sorry once again. 
 
At the parking lot finally Chaerin could free her hand from his grip, “YAH! What do you think you’re doing?”
 
Junhyung looked at her in confusion, “Taking you to my apartment? You’re wet. You need to change or you’ll catch a cold.”
 
He was about to grab her hand again but she backed off, “Whoa wait. I barely know you okay. I can’t trust a person whom I met like half hour ago?”
 
He sighed, “Do I look like a person who’s going to do bad things to you?”
 
She didn’t answer.
 
“Come on. I’m best friend with a guy who’s a friend of your best friend anyway. Besides you have no other choice except coming to my apartment and change. Now come in.” Junhyung hopped to the driver seat.
 
Chaerin let out a deep sigh. He was right that she has no choice. She felt uncomfortable in a wet clothes and she really wanted to go from that place. I think it’s okay, he’s not really a bad person actually, Chaerin thought to herself. Then she hopped in to the passenger seat. 
 
 
***
 
 
“You live here alone?” Chaerin looked around his apartment and admiring how it seemed comfortable and she thought it was pretty tidy for a guy’s apartment. She looked at the photo that was hanging on the wall at the living room. A figure of little boy with his parents. It must be little Junhyung, she thought.
 
“Yes.” Junhyung answered her from another room.
 
“You know it’s pretty strange for a guy like you, lives alone, and this apartment seems clean and… tidy.”
 
Junhyung walked out from his room, “I live alone here, because my parents are abroad. And hey, I clean this all by myself okay. Here, change to this.” he gave her his shirt.
 
“This? Do you happen to have any girls clothes?”
 
“What do you expect from a guy who lives alone here?”
 
She sighed.
 
Junhyung chuckled, and sat on the couch at the living room. He turned his head and saw Chaerin still stood at the same place, “What now, do you need help in changing your clothes?” he grinned.
 
“Aniyo!”
 
“Then go change! My room’s there.”
 
She pouted and walked into his room then slammed the door. “Aish that guy.”
 
Chaerin leaned to the door, looking at his room. It has a nice smell, she thought. Her heart fluttered to the fact that she’s now in a guy’s room. She had never been to a guy’s room except her brother’s and she once went to Kikwang’s room like only… two times.
 
Ah Kikwang. It made her remembered to him again. 
 
But then she realized, being with Junhyung made her forget about Kikwang for awhile. 
 
Minji’s right, I have to forget him soon, she talked to herself.
 
Though it was still hard for her to forget him, but she thought she started to move on. Meeting Junhyung was something she was feeling grateful for.
 
She took off her stiletto and rubbed her ankle. 
 
“Geez. It left a mark.”
 
She started to the dress and let it slid to her feet. Chaerin put on his shirt. It only reached to her middle thigh. She then felt a regret for wearing a dark colored underwear, because that shirt just made it revealed obviously. She felt really uncomfortable. 
 
“Junhyung...” she called him from inside the room.
 
“Hmm?” he answered from the living room.
 
“Can I get another clothes? Something that at least longer than this one.”
 
“Well, I actually brought half of my clothes to the laundry this morning.” 
 
Chaerin turned her head and saw he was now standing leaning against his room’s door.
 
“Yah, why did you come without knocking first? Don’t you know that I’m changing?”
 
He chuckled, “This is my room after all. And your fault, not locking the door.”
 
She pouted, “This feels uncomfortable.”
 
“Better than your wet dress.”
 
“Yeah right.”
 
“So I guess you need to stay over here for this night.”
 
“WHAT?”
 
“It’s late already. And I still can’t call Hyunseung to tell your friend Minji.”
 
“But…”
 
“You have no choice.” 
 
Chaerin’s heart started to beat faster. She’s going to stay over at the guy’s apartment that she barely know.
 
“By the way, you look good in that actually.” he started at her and grinned.
 
Chaerin could feel her cheeks turned red, “YAH!”
 
Junhyung laughed and walked away, “Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?”
 
She followed her to the kitchen. She took a glance at the clock that was hanging above the refrigerator. It was 12AM, exact midnight yet she felt hungry. 
 
“Don’t tell me you’re on diet or something.”
 
“No. I’m not on any diet. Screw diet, I never success on doing diet so I decided to not doing it again.”
 
“Really? So you want something to eat?” he opened the fridge and took out some ingredients.
 
“You cook?”
 
“I live alone here remember? So I have to do everything, including cooking.”
 
“Yeah right.”
 
Chaerin sat on top of the counter and watching his back, he was busy cooking something.
 
“So what do you do?”
 
“What?” he flipped an egg that he cooked by throwing it up in the air and catching it back before it fell onto the floor.
 
“What do you do. Your job. Are you a chef?”
 
He laughed, “No. If I were a chef I could have done better than just flipping an egg okay.”
 
“Then what is it?”
 
“I run a family business.”
 
“So you’re a businessman.”
 
“Yeah.” he turned to Chaerin and smiled.
 
Oh he’s perfect, Chaerin thought.
 
“You have no sibling?”
 
“Yeah. Why you ask so many questions?”
 
Chaerin shrugged, “Curious?”
 
He turned and back to his cooking. Chaerin sat up and walked to the living room. She looked at the photos that placed on the shelf right beside the big screened television there. There were so many of it, she started to look from the far left, at the old aged photo that showed a little boy. The little Junhyung. She chuckled at how cute he was. Then he moved to other photo when the little Junhyung  was older.
 
“What are you doing there, Chaerin?” Junhyung shouted from the kitchen.
 
“Nothing.” she smiled to herself.
 
One photo caught her attention. The one that showed two boys that hugging each other. She was sure that one of them is the young Junhyung, but she doubted on whom she saw standing beside him on the photo. 
 
She looked at the behind of the photo. There was a little writing.
 
Junhyung - Kikwang
Seisou high school '05
 
“Ki-kikwang?”