Chapter 10

Sequences

"The number you're calling is out of service area, please leave a message after the tone-"

Beep.

"MINKKI-AH~ THIS IS CHAE LEE SPEAKING. I miss youuuuu... What are you doing now? Can we talk? I have a looooooot of things to tell you *sigh* it's been a while since you left but there were so many things happened and it's such a looong long long story. Call me, okay? Bye, love ya."

Chaerin hung up the phone and sighed. She put down the phone on the kitchen counter, now busying herself back making curry for her own. Chaerin took a spoonful of curry and tasted it, she suddenly coughed, rushing towards the sink, and spit it out of .

“Aissh. Why doesn’t it work?? I already followed the instructions in the recipe book...”

Sighing, she grab the pot and poured it all into the sink. 

“Major fail. I shall find another food,” she walked to the counter, reaching the shelf upon her, “Maybe I still have instant jjajangmyeon here.”

She looked around and turned out there was none. 

Chaerin heavily sighed and grumble, “Arrrgh Minkkiiii I am suffering without you T_T”

Since there was no more choice, she unwillingly grabbed her hoodie, putting it on, and decided to go to the mini market. 

It took only ten minutes from her apartment by walking to there. She stepped inside and strolled directly to the instant jjajangmyeon section.

"Maybe I need some soju too," she turned around and put a bottle of soju into the cart. 

"And chocolates. Right. Chocolates."

And after a couple of times walking back and forth through the aisle, she paid and rushing towards home impatiently willing to fulfill the emptiness in her stomach.

She walked casually while carrying her paperbag back to the apartment, but suddenly someone tapped on her shoulder.

"Yo Chae!" he matched his steps with hers.

Chaerin turned to that person and flashed a smile, "Hey Seung."

"So... How are you?"

"Fine. Not bad," she said not looking at him.

"... Okay. Oh! The weather is pretty nice, right?" said Hyunseung, scratching the back of his head.

Chaerin turned to him and raised a brow and slightly scoffed, "Yeah."

Silence hovered between them for the rest of the walk. Until they reached in front of the apartment building, Chaerin turned to him, sighing heavily and crossing arms, "Okay, what is it?"

He slyly grinned, "Well, uhm. We're inviting you to a party, birthday party. Yeah, my friend's birthday party," he nodded.

"We?" Chaerin acrhed her brows.

Hyunseung heavily sighed, "Okay to be honest, I'm here to ask you to come to our friend, Yoseob's birthday party. And... Uh, and..."

She gave him a questioning look.

He growled, "Arrrrgh..." Hyunseung turned and pointed to the black porsche that parked not far from where they were standing now, "Junhyung blackmailed me. He told me to make you come or he won't be returning my car key or worse he'll drown it into the Han river."

Chaerin followed where his finger pointed at and saw Junhyung cursing behind the driver seat and still trying to hide himself after being caught by Chaerin. She scoffed.

With a smirk on her face, Chaerin walked towards the car. She knocked the window, waiting until it fully pulled down. She found Junhyung smiling sheepishly.

"O-oh hey Chaerin..."

"Wanna come in?"

"Y-yeah. Sure."

She chuckled and walked inside the building.

He quickly stepped outside the car and followed Chaerin. Without her knowing he threw the car key to Hyunseung, mouthed go-the-hell-away words to him, making sure he got the message clearly.

Hyunseung just frowned and cursed silently, then he left.

Junhyung walked inside her apartment, watching her figure disappearing to the kitchen from behind while examining her apartment decoration. He peeked through the slightly opened door near the entrance door and gasped, "Whoa you have a dance studio here? Cool..."

He stood inside the room with mirrors all around for awhile, then he made his way towards the kitchen. Junhyung found Chaerin poured out all the things she bought earlier from the paperbag. 

"Where's Hyunseung?"

"He... Uh, needs to take care of something..."

She simply nodded.

"Ah," Junhyung put down a box on the kitchen counter, "Your dress."

He grinned.

Chaerin grabbed the box and put it aside, "Thanks."

"So?" he asked her as she started to cook the instant jjajangmyeon that she bought.

Chaerin turned around to face Junhyung who was now leaning against the kitchen counter, "So... what?"

"Uh... are you coming or not?" 

"Well... If you can earn me my brother's permission..." she raised one of her brows and smirk.

Taking it as a challenge, he returned her smirk with his, "Okay."


***


".... You have to remember, no drugs, don't let her smoke, drunk, or eat something weird. Take her home and return her safely or I'll cut your head, understand?"

"Ne, hyung..."

"She's my precious sister, Yong Junhyung. You let something happen to her I'll kill you straight away."

He chuckled, "I hear you hyung, crystal clear..."

"Fine. Remember, before midnight."

"Neee~"

"Alright, I trust you. Take care of her. Bye."

"Bye hyung."

And with that, he ended up the call. Chaerin stared at him in disbelief.

"Everything's settled. You're going," he grinned cheekily.

"O-okay..."

Chaerin held her chopsticks and took a mouth full of the cold noodles, "I can't believe you could earn my brother's trust... that easy."

He chuckled, now sitting across the dining table.

"So... why didn't you ask me yourself earlier? You didn't have to blackmail him..." she scoffed.

Junhyung shrugged off, "Well I thought you wouldn't come since there's no Minji."

Chaerin laughed and tugged her blonde locks behind her ear, "Yeah... What made you thought Hyunseung could make me come anyway?"

Junhyung just chuckled. "So..." he got up from his seat, "I'll pick you up at 7 kay?"

Chaerin only replied with a smile as she watched him waved goodbye and left.

"Who's this Yoseob guy anyway?" she laughed to herself.

Who cares, as long as she got to spend time with Junhyung, she didn't give a damn.