Chapter 12

Sequences

Junhyung got in his car and drove off, leaving Kikwang there alone. He sighed and turned around to look at sleeping Chaerin at the front seat. It was dark, but not too dark, there was enough light from the moon and street light. It was clear enough for him to look at her beautiful face that was glistening in the mere dark. 

He slowly opened the door, sneaking inside not wanting to wake her up from her slumber. Carefully, he set her seatbelt and then his own. Once again, taking a look at her sleeping figure, admiring her beauty. He convinced himself that he could stare at her all day long. 

He suddenly feeling the urge to touch Chaerin's face. It was too tempting, he had been longing to touch her again.

Kikwang slowly caressed her cheeks, then her slight pouty lips.

"I still have this feeling for you Chae. You just don't know it..."


***


She woke up to the sound of the morning call. She half-opened her eye and saw a blinding light came through her window.

Her hands searched all over for her phone. 

"Yoboseyo?" she said in a low husky voice.

"Chae you alright?"

It was Dongwook.

Chaerin got up from bed straight away now fully awake, "Oh oppa. I'm alright."

"You sure? You don't seem fine. What time did you get home last night?"

"I... really don't know, eleven maybe," she shrugged.

"Did you drink?"

"N-no oppa, of course not," she held her aching head, still feeling a little bit hangover.

"Did Junhyung keep his words?"

"I guess. He took me home safely."

"Fine. Have you eaten?"

"... Mmm not yet."

"Don't miss your breakfast it's not good for your health. Come over my office this afternoon okay."

"Ne, oppa. Saranghae, take care."

"Nado. Bye Chae."

She ended the call and heaved a sigh. 

"God my head..." 

Chaerin walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of mineral water from inside the fridge.

"I drank too much."

Just then her phone rang. Chaerin looked at the screen, "Junhyung..."

"Yoboseyo."

"Hey Chae."

"Hey," she smiled, though she obviously knew that he couldn't see her smile.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a little hangover. I drank too much."

"Yeah I'm sorry."

"Not your fault," she chuckled.

"... Chae?"

"Ne?"

"I was just wondering if you reached home safely..."

She laughed, "Of course I got home safely, you took me home..."

"... No. It wasn't me actually."

"... What do you mean?"

"Kikwang took you home."

".... What?" she lowly muttered.

"I should take care of Hyunseung, he was really drunk and messed up. Sorry Chae, I really worried about you."

"... Well..."

"I'm glad then, he seemed to keep his words."

"Sorry Jun, I gotta go. Thanks."

Then she hung up the phone. Kikwang was here last night. And he took her to bed. Took her shoes off. And covered her with the blanket to keep her warm.

She shook her head, "Aissh Chaerin babo. You start to think about him like that again."

Chaerin took a shower to erase the smell of beer from her body and hair. It took her almost an hour. After she's done, she put on a loose sweater on her white tank and black shorts on black tights. 

She slipped on her sneaker and grabbed for her bag before reaching the front door. She was going to eat outside, since it's lunch time already, and she had learned enough from her fail dish experience. 

She could go to any place she wanted to, but Chaerin had chosen Cannelle for her to have her lunch. But she didn't know, maybe it's just a pure coincidence, or maybe fate had brought them together. Chaerin saw Kikwang who was about to go inside the cafe. He saw her and offered to share a table.

"So.. how are you doing?"

"Fine," she smiled, feeling completely awkward. Weird though, because he used to be the person who she mostly spend her time with. 

"Uhm Kwang, thank you. For taking me home."

"No problem." 

"How's your baby? And Jihye?"

"Fine. They're fine. Jihye starts to crave for something and sometimes it's weird," he chuckled, "Thanks for asking though."

Silence between them. Kikwang really tried his best to make a conversation. That's why he felt relieved when their order came.

"Chae..." he said as she started to eat.

"Ne?"

"I actually have something to talk to you. And... I want to ask you a favor."

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Me and Jihye, we're getting married."

She was shocked. Though she knew it would happen sooner or later after she heard about Jihye's pregnancy, but it was still shocking the hell out of her when she heard it from his own mouth.

"W-well... congratulations!" 

Chaerin gave a strained smile. She smiled but inside she felt it again, the painful feelings that she had been suffering because of Kikwang.

"And I want to ask you to be her maid of honor."

"Maid of... honor?"

"Yeah, you know Chae, Jihye got kicked out of her house. And that's all because of me. I hope you'll get along well with her. She needs friends too," he weakly smiled, "So what do you think, Chae?"

"S-sure. I would love to, Kwang. I don't mind. At... all."

"Thanks Chae, you're the best," he smiled.

 

***

 

Three chapters in a row woohooo~ I'm sorry for not updating for idk how long xD I got really busy with school -,- But no matter what I've promised to update keke. Thank you for reading and commenting, and thank you for silent readers too. At least I know you read it too lol

I typed this in a rush and didn't have much time to reread so sorry for any grammatical errors ._.

Leave your comments/feedbacks please :)