Chapter 6

Sequences

"YOU!" she shrieked, and backed off slowly.

"Chaerin?"

"What are you doing here?" Junhyung got out from the lift.

She put her hands on her waist, "Me? What the hell are you doing here?"

He raised a brows, "Well, working? I'm having an important meeting with the CEO of Choi corps. You?"

"Oh really. Well FYI, I'm the CEO's sister. Nice to meet you," she smiled mockingly to him.

Junhyung frowned and laughed, "Ahaha nice try, Chaerin. But I'm not falling for your trick. Seriously, what are you doing here?"

She frowned, "What? Wait. You don't believe me."

Just then Dongwook showed up and tapped her shoulder, "Chaerin-ah I told you to wait in my office... Oh, Junhyung, you've met my sister."

Junhyung was completely dumbfounded. He could see Chaerin grinned and mouthed 'I-told-you' silently to him.

But she's a Lee, Junhyung thought.

"Hyung... she's really..."

"My step sister, actually. She's not a Choi. I know what you think." Dongwook smiled to Junhyung, he got his arm wrapped around Chaerin's shoulder, "Now what about we're going out for lunch?"

Chaerin blurted out, "WELL actually I was about to go because I kept waiting for you but took you long time, then I decided to go by myself, when I met this, jer- I mean Junhyung and you showed up and... Yeah I guess we better go now."

"So Junhyung, you're coming or not?" asked Dongwook.

Junhyung smiled widely, "Well, It's not that I'm not hungry so... yeah let's go."

They went to the restaurant located a few blocks away from the main building. She sat beside Junhyung and across her brother.

"You guys get along each other already," Dongwook said smiling to Chaerin and Junhyung.

"Yeah actually I met her before in the clu- OUCH!" Junhyung shrieked.

She elbowed him hard strike to his ribs and hissed at him, secretly making a sign for him not telling her brother the truth.

"In the what? Are you okay Junhyung?" Dongwook said worriedly.

"He's okay oppa, just... maybe he's just that hungry that his stomach aches, right Junhyung?" she turned her head to him and faked a smile.

Junhyung winced and nodded weakly, "Ne, right hyung."

"We met in the Club of Vaille, you know, the golf club. Yeah, the golf club. Right, Junhyung?" she once again turned her head to him, giving him a menacing look. Junhyung just nodded.

Dongwook arched his brows, "Golf club? Since when did you play golf, Chae?"

"I just started it." she smiled widely.

Just when Dongwook was about to say something she cut him off, "Oh oppa, can we order now?"

Junhyung stared at Chaerin in disbelief.

When they finished having their lunch, Dongwook suddenly got a call from one of his colleague. He excused himself to pick up the call.

"Oh here it comes again..." she said right after Dongwook excused himself from the table.

"What?" asked Junhyung, turning his head to her.

"I bet when he comes here, he'll say that he has an appointment and needs to go soon. Five thousands Won, you in?"

"In what?"

Just then Dongwook got back from picking up his call, "Sorry guys, it was my colleague."

"You have to go?" asked Chaerin.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry Chae. This is really important, I need to sign some papers. So, can I leave her with you?"

He asked to Junhyung, who was playing with his spoon, "Y-yeah of course hyung."

"Fine. See you later," then he disappeared after paying the bill.

"I win. Treat me." she said without looking at him.

"Treat you what? It's not that I owe you something."

"I win the bet."

"I didn't say that I'm in."

"Whatever. I still win."

"I'm not treating you anything."

"Oh yes you are."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"Does he always like this?"

She turned to him, "What? My brother? He's busier than a 24-hour delivery service restaurant you know."

He just nodded.

"Why aren't you like him? Are you really working on your company? You don't really seem that busy," she scoffed.

"Duh, because I have employees?"

"Yeah right. Say it to my brother."

"Why?"

"He just can't not involve himself in every single business our company does."

"Perfectionist."

"He is."

"So, want a dessert? Ice cream?"

"No."

"I treat."

She turned her face to him and grinned, "Okay."


***


For the hundred time she wiped her hands, then she would occasionally swept her hair from her face. She turned to Junhyung and glared at him.

"YAH. What is this?"

"Ice cream treat?" he shrugged and sat on one of the bench.

"It`s... terrible and... dirty. Eww!"

"Shut up and eat."

"I thought we're going to eat sundaes? Or at least somewhere cleaner. Not this disgusting ice cream that sold at some random ice cream stall in park."

He laughed, "Chaerin-ah... You're a clean freak or what? It's an ice cream too. Though uglier than what they sell in a shop or cafe," said Junhyung as he took a large bite of the ice cream cone.

She looked at him with a disgusting look, "Whatever. I'm not eating it."

Chaerin threw away the ice cream she was holding to the rubbish bin and took a seat beside him on the bench. She heaved a big sigh.

"What was that for?" Junhyung asked her with a mouth full of ice cream.

"Hhmmm."

"Hhmmm what?"

"Can you take me home?"

"Nuh-uh. Don`t be too rush."

Chaerin pouted, "Then, when will you return my dress back?"

"What about my sweater?"

She sighed, "Fine. You give my dress back then I'll give your sweater."

"Come over my place and take it by yourself."

"Why should I??" she protested.

He turned to her and hit her head lightly, "Yah. I don't want to bring your dress along with me to everywhere. I`m okay if you don`t want to take it. I got myself another sweater anyway."

She sighed, "Okay fineeee, fine."

"By the way, why did you lie to hyung?"

She arched her brows, "I'm gonna get killed if I told him I went to a club. He's just too overprotective of me."

"Oh look who's dating," a voice came from behind them. Chaerin jumped in shock and Junhyung suddenly turned his head furiously. It was Hyunseung with a grin came across his face.

"Man you scared the hell out of me," Junhyung hit his head playfully and swung his hands around his neck.

"Yah! Who's dating whom?" Chaerin shrieked.

Hyunseung chuckled foolishly, "Mwo? You guys are dating right?"

She scoffed, "Not even in your wildest dreams."

He nodded, "Oukaaay so tell me."

"We're not dating Seung," Junhyung shrugged.

Hyunseung was now sitting between Junhyung and Chaerin on the bench, "Yeah you just haven't asked her out yet."

Junhyung elbowed him hard. "Ouch man, that hurts," Hyunseung whined.

Chaerin finally stood up, "Whatever. I'm going home now.