Chapter 8

Sequences

"Thank you... and sorry, for causing you so much troubles,” she said as she stared at the fireplace and clutched herself tighter to a blanket that wrapped around her. 

 
Junhyung walked in to the living room and took a seat across her, “No problem. Here, warm yourself,” he put down a glass of hot coffee on the table.
 
He looked at her with concern, “Are you feeling okay now?”
 
“Not really.”
 
Junhyung got up from his seat and moved towards Chaerin, now sitting right besides her, “Then spill it.”
 
She looked at him, “What?”
 
He then pulled her to rest her head on his chest all of sudden, causing Chaerin to gasp at the sudden movement, “W-wae?”
 
“I can be a shoulder to lean on. Spill your heart out.”
 
She felt extremely awkward with their position. But Junhyung’s warmth somehow made her feel secure, she slowly held out her hands, wrapping it around his body, and started to feel comfortable. 
 
“So...?” Junhyung asked, gently patting Chaerin’s back.
 
“You know what happened between me and Kikwang...”
 
He nodded silently, not saying any words, and waiting for Chaerin to continue.
 
“I met him today. With his... girlfriend,” she almost choked by her last word. The whole picture of them holding hands filling her mind, and tears started to form. But she tried her best to not let it fall down again.
 
“Chae, you sure it was his girlfriend?”
 
She just nodded. None of them said a word afterwards, he let Chaerin had the time to settle down her feeling.
 
“It’s okay to cry, Chae.”
 
“.... It’s just weird... *sobs* You know, to cry in front of you.”
 
“Like you haven’t cried in front of me before?” he laughed a little.
 
“Yah!” she hit his chest playfully.
 
Silence then hovered all around. He awkwardly tapped his fingers and he would occasionally steal a glance to her. He could obviously see  her swollen eyes from crying.
 
She let out a sigh, and finally broke the silence, “I look pathetic, don‘t I?”
 
“... You were a total mess...” he chuckled a bit and scratched the back of his head.
 
"Yeah I know..." she shrugged.
 
"So... how did you... I mean, how did you... meet him?" he asked.
 
"New year carnival."
 
His eyes widened, "Mwo? It's new year already?"
 
"What? Whoa wait. Why is everyone forgetting the date now? Oh. Maybe it's just you and me," she muttered and sighed.
 
Both of them laughed awkwardly. Chaerin then lifted her hands touching both of her eyes, “Omooo my eyes are bulging...”
 
Suddenly she felt a hand on her cheek, and turned out it was Junhyung’s. 
 
“Don’t cry again, Chaerin. Get over him.”
 
 
***
 
 
It was a dark yet cold night, with a few stars and a calm breeze, swept through her causing her to clutch herself to him tighter. She breathed deeply, smelling the distinctive scent after the rain. She stumbled a bit, couldn’t catch up to his large steps. He turned to her, chuckled a little before helping her to match his rhythm. They shared a laugh together.
 
“So... is this a date?”
 
He grinned, “You can consider it like that.”
 
They walked through people, strolling around the amusement park. 
 
“Jun, what are we going to do?” she asked, slightly tugging on his shirt.
 
“Watching the fireworks on top of the ferris wheel.”
 
“Mwo? No,” she pulled back.
 
He turned to her, “What? Isn’t it fun?”
 
Chaerin looked at him, he could see anxiety in her eyes.
 
“I’m a bit... acrophobic.”
 
He heard her crystal clear. It’s not that he couldn’t understand of what she said, but being a slight rascally person he was, a smirk came across his face. Junhyung walked closer to her, making her to step back and worry.
 
“Yah Yong Junhyung. I warn you. What is that smirk for??”
 
He quickly lifted her on his arms and carried her. It was happening almost at the speed of light that Chaerin could do nothing but let herself gave in to his strength. She struggled and tried her best to put her feet down the ground.
 
“YONG JUNHYUNG. PUT. ME. DOWN. NOW!!”
 
The smirk was still on his face, Junhyung brought her to the entrance of the ferris wheel. 
 
“Omo, people are looking at us. This is so embarassing!!” she hissed, and he just laughed.
 
The guard looked at both of them weirdly. Junhyung flashed a smile to him and got in the cab.
 
“NO NO NO I’LL DIE PUT ME DOWN YONG JUNHYUNG!!!” 
 
He set her on the seat and took a seat right across her. The cab started to move, causing her to jump in shock.
 
“OH MY GOD IT’S MOVING.”
 
She gripped tightly to the door knob, furiously hitting it, trying to open the door.
 
“DON’T! Geez you want to fall down? We’re already on a high level now.”
 
The cab was moving in a slow pace. Chaerin could feel the movement under her feet. Her eyes were full of fear and he could obviously see that. Instead of comforting her and feeling guilty, he laughed.
 
She glared at him and pouted her lips. He couldn’t help but to pinch her cheeks.
 
“Calm down. It’s going to be okay,” he smiled sweetly to her.
 
Chaerin felt her heart fluttered. She slowly started to loosen up and rested her back to the seat, and tried hard not to see outside the window. She locked her gaze to him.
 
He laughed again, amused by her being sheepish.
 
Junhyung reached both of her hands, letting his fingers intertwined with hers.
 
“It’s okay. Relax. And look.”
 
Just then, the fireworks started to explode. The dark sky had turned to a sea of colors with a blaze. She got hang open, amazed by what she looked. She blinked a couple of times, still dazed by the flaming rainbow. A smile formed on her lips.
 
“Beautiful...” she muttered.
 
A loud cheer could be heard from down there, a lot of people shouting and throwing confetti, celebrating the new year.
 
Junhyung stared deeply into her eyes, they were now on the highest level on the ferris wheel. 
 
“Chae, I know you still can’t get over Kikwang but...” said Junhyung, still got their hands intertwined.
 
“... Lee Chaerin, I like you.”
 
 
***
 
 
She looked at her watch for the hundredth times. 

1.30 AM.

It was already passed midnight, but the amusement park still crowded with people. They opened this place 24-hours for new year, remember? 

But Chaerin never liked to wait. She had been waiting for almost fifteen minutes now. Feeling bored and a bit pissed, she stood up and decided to stroll around. Her mind flew to the moment when they were still on top of the ferris wheel. His words were now echoing in her mind.

To be honest, she really didn’t know what to say that time. She was completely dumbfounded. And he ended up by saying, “It’s okay. I can wait.”

He waited for her. Chaerin felt a bit guilty for him. She was actually afraid, afraid that she would never be able to say yes to him, afraid that he had to wait for her selfish-self for too long, and she was afraid of herself for not being able to move on and get over Kikwang.

Some parts of her were arguing in her mind, meanwhile a figure had been looking for her. She felt a cold breeze and hugged herself tightly, trying to get the warmth. Just then she felt someone wrapping a soft cuddly fabric around her neck. Turned out it was Junhyung. When she turned around to him she could see him flashing his smile, he handed her a cup of hot cappuccino. 

She smiled, “Thank you.”

They started to walk together, enjoying the view of the night light in the amusement park. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer.

“I owe you big time. Today wasn’t really a good day for me,” she said as she took a sip from her cup.

“It’s okay,” he ruffled her hair and chuckled.

Chaerin grabbed his arms and locked it with hers. They both went to take a look around the booth.

“Jihye don’t run...”, she suddenly heard a familiar voice from behind. Feeling a bit curious, she turned around and found out who it was. She didn’t know what took over her that time, but she followed to where the voice came from.

“Chaerin, where are you going?” Junhyung turned around and followed her.

She arched her brows, confirming the figure that she saw from behind, making it sure that she wasn’t wrong.

Chaerin built the courage inside her and tapped that person’s shoulder. 

“Ki... kwang?” she questioned.

Feeling completely shocked from their second encounter, Kikwang slapped her hands away from him.

“Chae... Y-you... What are you doing?” 

Chaerin let out a gasp of fear, “I-I’m sorry...”

He furiously walked closer to her, gripping her shoulder tightly that she could feel it left a mark, “Listen. I told you I’m over you. We’re done! You hear me??”

So many words inside her mind that she wanted to spill out but it got stuck on , she could barely say anything.

“Oppa! Let go of her! What are you doing?? Who is she??”

That girl, that girl who pulled Kikwang away from her earlier approached them.

“Jihye-ah, she’s-”

Before Kikwang could finish his words, a strong hands grabbed his collar and pulled him away from Chaerin. Chaerin stumbled back a bit, rubbing her shoulder to ease the pain. 

“KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER,” Junhyung gritted his teeth and hissed.

“Is that how you treat a girl?? You dumped her, and oh... look who’s with you. Song Jihye,” he said with a disgusting look.

Kikwang looked at Chaerin and moved to Junhyung, his eyes full of anger.

“Are you cheating behind me with him, Ji? You are, right? That’s why you, Kikwang, avoiding me, us, for all this time.”

Couldn’t hold back any longer, Kikwang punched Junhyung right in the face causing him to fell backwards. Chaerin shrieked and ran to Junhyung, “A-are you okay?”

Junhyung wiped the corner of his lips and saw blood. He furiously rushed towards him and return the favor to him. Junhyung took advantage from his taller and stronger body, he pushed Kikwang causing him laid on the ground as he punched him a couple of times. Jihye tried to pull Junhyung from Kikwang, “STOP! STOP, OPPA PLEASE STOP. HE’S SUFFERING.”

Junhyung stood up and glared at Kikwang who was coughing blood. Jihye helped him to stand up. Chaerin could do nothing but watching in fear. She walked towards Junhyung, “Jun, don’t. You’ll get into trouble...”

“You cheated on me. With him, right? YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH HIM RIGHT, JIHYE?”

“Junhyung!” Chaerin pulled him, trying to calm him down.

Jihye’s tears started to fall down, “No... oppa, I-”

“LIAR. JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH.”

Kikwang pushed him hard, “YAH!! STOP YELLING AT HER. SHE’S PREGNANT!”

“She’s... WHAT??” 
 
 
***
 
I'll update soon! Maybe next week xD
Thank you readers and subscribers<3
Feedbacks? :D