Chapter 11

Sequences

Chaerin slipped on her black strapped heels, turned her back to the mirror and watched her own figure from back. She let her long wavy blonde fell naturally along her shoulder. Chaerin had spent the whole afternoon to dig in her wardrobe finding the piece of cloth to wear. It's not that she didn't have any nice clothes anyway, maybe she was just nervous, because apparently, Junhyung asked her out for a second date.

Okay actually, it's not really a date. But still, Junhyung asked her out. And that totally made her high. Wait. Did she already fall for him? Besides, why did she want to look good anyway?

She smiled sheepishly and tapped her forehead. 

She wore a backless black short spaghetti dress that fitted her body perfectly. For the hundredth time, she reassured herself that she looks really good. Knowing that she had such a really beautiful eyes, she put on a little shades but not too heavy on her eyes. She went for a little smoky eyes and natural lip color.

After done with the make up, she grabbed her favorite leather jacket and bag. She checked on herself once again for the last time before going out from the room.

"Perfect..."

Just then her front door bell rang. Looking at the clock it was almost 7, Chaerin knew who it was.

"Coming!"

She took a large steps to the front door, peeking from the hole she saw Junhyung stood in front of her apartment.

As she opened the door she saw him with a grin came across his face.

"Hey Chae."

"Hey Jun," she returned his grin with hers.

"So.. you ready?"

She smiled and nodded, "Yeah."

Junhyung offered his arm for her to hold, "Great. Come!"


***


"You'll like him, I promise. Yoseob is so loud and playful. And there'll be Dongwoon and Doojoon. They're my friends too, and... well, don't be too surprised by their antics..."

Chaerin nodded to Junhyung's explanation about his friends and chuckled a little. 

"Yongjuuuun you're finally here," a black haired guy with a small face approached both of them. He has a cute shaped nose, he must be Yoseob, Chaerin thought.

Junhyung s her arms around his neck, "Aissh you dare to call me what huh? Anyway Seob, happy birthday! I envy, your look doesn't show that you're actually gaining more ages."

Yoseob laughed, "Well I'm the visual maknae after all..."

Chaerin laughed, she thought his laughing sounds really melodic.

"Oh who's with you, Junhyung hyung? Yeoja chingu?"

"Aniiiiyo... I'm Lee Chaerin. I'm not... his girlfriend."

"You're not? Or.. not yet?... Ouch! Hyung, that hurts!" Junhyung poked his head a little bit too hard.

"So are you a noona?" Yoseob asked her with excitement.

"She's not your noona, babo. She's the same age with Dongwoon."

"Ahh I see," Yoseob leaned closer to Chaerin, "You know Chaerin-sshi, Junhyung hyung likes woman with pretty and piercing eyes. And yours, are beautiful," he whispered to Chaerin and winked.

"Th-thanks, you're too kind," Chaerin smiled and blushed a little. Junhyung couldn't help but notice it.

Yoseob smiled widely, "Ayyy I'm telling the truth you know. Anyway, welcome."

Then he left Chaerin and Junhyung alone to meet his other friend. 

"What did he say?" asked Junhyung as they started to walk towards the table.

"Why you jealous?"

"... a little," he looked away and slightly pouted.

Chaerin smiled at his comment.

"He said my eyes are beautiful."

Junhyung didn't give a response, but Chaerin could actually see him smiling.

"Junhyung!"

They both ly to face a tall guy wearing a jersey, track pants and sneakers. 

`Seriously, what did this guy think to wear such clothes in such occasion and place?` thought Chaerin while eyeing him top to toe.

"Doojoon-ah..."

They greeted each other doing a brotherly handshake. Junhyung laughed, "Man, did you seriously think to wear that kind of clothes before coming here? Pfft..." he scoffed.

"Yah, I just got back from practice. I can't let Seob down so yeah.. I rushed here after I finished."

"Doo half hour for changing clothes won't hurt ya know," said Junhyung still laughing. Doojoon hit his head playfully.

"Shut up. Who's this lady? Ne yeoja chingu?"

"Aniyo!" both Junhyung and Chaerin exclaimed, causing Doojoon to raise one of his brows and grinned.

"Doo, she's Lee Chaerin. A friend of mine, my colleague's sister. Chae, this is Yoon Doojoon."

"Oh hey, I've been hearing things about you from Jun- AWW." Doojoon held out his hand offering a handshake, but then Junhyung slapped his arms hard causing him to shriek.

She sniggered, "Really?"

"Doo you ," Junhyung hissed. "Anyway, where's Hyunseung?"

"Oh. He's at the second storey with Kikwang. And I'm about to go meet Dongwoon and Jiyoon, so... catch ya later kay? Nice meeting you, Chaerin-sshi," he flashed a smile to Chaerin and waved goodbye.

Just when Doojoon left Chaerin tugged on Junhyung's outer layer shirt, "Wait. You didn't mention anything about Kikwang being here."

"I thought you wouldn't say yes if you knew."

"You should've told me in the first place!"

She gave him a disappointed look. Chaerin felt a little anger, actually wasn't because Kikwang's presence, but his lies.

Feeling mad, she turned around and was about to leave but Junhyung grabbed her by the arm, "W-wait. Chae. I thought you'll get over him."

With his strength he made Chaerin turned to face him, "What's your problem now?"

She looked straight into his eyes for a while, and when she finally wanted to break the silence she heaved a sigh, "I... just don't know."

"Chae... please?"

"W-what should I do after what happened that night? Jun I don't know!"

"Just be you. Come on, you can do it," he grabbed both of her hands and drag her upstairs.

Junhyung swept his gaze through the crowd, from table to table, until he saw Hyunseung at the farthest table waving his arms to him signaling them to come over.

Chaerin followed Junhyung from behind, still got her hands held to Junhyung's tightly. She peeked through his shoulder and saw Hyunseung with the guy she knew.

"Hey Seung," Junhyung released her hands and greet Hyunseung. Kikwang mouth left hang open seeing the girl that stood behind Junhyung. "Chaerin..." he lowly muttered.

"Hey Chaerin," Hyunseung approached her for a hug but Junhyung stopped him from doing so. She chuckled, "Hey Seung," then turned to Kikwang, she gave him her sweetest smile. 

Junhyung and Chaerin sat across Hyunseung who sat beside Kikwang. None of them said something after the greeting.

"So..." Hyunseung managed to say something to break the silence between them, "It's like a reunion right?"

"Look guys," Hyunseung straighten himself, "We already talked about this. I honestly don't want us to be like.. you know, enemy. We're friends."

"No more hard feelings, okay?" Hyunseung held out her hands, offering a toast, "The past is in the past. Toast."

Junhyung took a sip from his glass, "But still. You could have just told me Kwang."

Chaerin elbowed him, "Jun!"

"But," Hyunseung put his martini down on the table, "Maybe I'd do the same if I were you."

Junhyung glared him menacingly. "Okay okay I'll shaddap."

"Yo guys!" Yoseob shouted as he made his way through the crowd on the dance floor, approaching them. Behind him was Doojoon, and Dongwoon followed after.

"Yangyo wants to do a drink games. Who's in?"

Hyunseung stood up in excitement, "I'm in."

"Well, Kwang?"

Kikwang smiled, "I don't mind."

Junhyung turned to Chaerin, "Chae?" he said lowly and close enough for her to hear. She shrugged, "I'm fine with it."

"Alright let's do this."


***


"Doojoon-ah, look. Your head seems grew bigger," Hyunseung giggled while poking Doojoon's head while he was sleeping sloppily on the couch. 

Doojoon growled under his sleep and unconsciously hit Hyunseung's cheek, causing him to stumbled and bumped to sitting Dongwoon.

"Hyung, you're too drunk. Get the hell away from me. I swear I'll throw your car key into the Han River if you puke on me," Dongwoon tried his best to push Hyunseung's heavy body off of him.

Everybody was now all drunk. Except Junhyung and Kikwang who felt only a little bit tipsy, and Dongwoon who was still completely sane. Even Chaerin had started mumbling and giggling. Just when she was about to drink her umpteenth shots, Junhyung stopped her.

"Enough Chae. I might killed by your brother."

"Hmmm..." she murmured.

"I'll take you home now," Junhyung tried to lift her on his arms but then he heard something.

"YAH LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE."

Kikwang and Dongwoon stood up and dashed to Hyunseung who was messing up on other table. He was too drunk that he almost threw a bottle of beer towards Dongwoon, "Whoa watch out hyung."

They got him back to their table. Junhyung looked at his watch then at sleeping Yoseob and Doojoon. "Now how will we clean this up?"

Dongwoon grabbed Doojoon's hands, "I'll take Doojoon hyung and Yoseob hyung home since we're going to the same direction, then Junhyung hyung must take care of Hyunseung hyung."

"But I-" he protested but got cut off by Kikwang, "It's okay I'll take Chaerin home."

"What?"

"I don't know where exactly Hyunseung's new apartment is..." Kikwang shrugged.

He was right, Junhyung had no other choice. Dongwoon dragged his two hyungs to his car while Junhyung was struggling to carry Hyunseung who kept moving though unconscious. Junhyung looked at Kikwang warily as he carried Chaerin into his car. When he was about to hop in the car, Junhyung called him, "Yah."

Dongwoon started the car, he bid goodbye to Kikwang and Junhyung who was still standing at the parking lot and drove off. 

Kikwang looked at Junhyung again, his brows were arched. "I still can't trust you," said Junhyung.

"I promise you I won't do anything."

"Keep your words."