Chapter 4

Sequences

 

“Ahh I can hardly believe it.”
 
Chaerin slammed the apartment door and leaned against it. 
 
Just when she looked up she saw Minji came out from the bath room drying her hair with a towel, “What is it?”
 
“YOU!” Chaerin walked to Minji and pinched her cheek.
 
“WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT. YOU LEFT ME IN THE CLUB.”
 
Minji tried her best to release herself, “YAH CHAERIN STOP IT HURTS…”
 
“You meanie where did you go?”
 
“I left with Hyunseung to his new dance studio.”
 
“But still, YOU LEFT ME.”
 
“Yah Chaerin stop yelling will you? At least I didn’t leave you alone. You were with Junhyung.”
 
“But- WHAT? You… know?”
 
Minji sat on the couch and the tv, “Yeah I saw you with him on the dance floor before I left you. So I thought it was okay to leave you.”
 
Chaerin sat beside her, “My brother! What about him?”
 
“He just left  half hour ago. I was pretty shocked that he came this morning though.”
 
“Sigh. Thanks God he didn’t found out I was staying over Junhyung’s apartment.”
 
Minji grinned, “Aww so you spent the whole night with him in his apartment? Chaerin… I thought you won’t be able to find Kikwang’s replacement this soon.”
 
“Well I have no choice okay. Someone spilled drink all over me and I got all wet. And I couldn’t call you that night, you were too busy!”
 
“Ah I know leaving you was the right decision.”
 
“Yah!” Chaerin pouted.
 
Minji just chuckled and rested her head on her hands, “So how is he? I mean, is he nice? I know he’s drop dead gorgeous. But besides all of that?”
 
“Well, he works on his family business. He’s annoying. And oh, Minji you won’t believe this.”
 
Minji turned her head and now facing her, “What is it?”
 
“He… knows Kikwang.”
 
Minji stared at her in disbelief. 
 
“O-okay. But this doesn’t make sense to me. HOW?”
 
“They went to the same high school.”
 
“Then?”
 
“Well, it started when I looked around his apartment and found something...”
 
 
*Flashback*
 
 
“So… Chaerin?”
 
She sighed heavily, “Well, it was a week ago… when he broke up to me. I didn’t really know the reason though, I thought we were doing fine the previous day. But then he just said that, he couldn’t take it anymore… So we… “
 
Chaerin couldn’t finish her words. She tried her best to speak, but tears started to well up her eyes. 
 
“I’m sorry Junhyung, I’m not hungry anymore.” then she stood up and left him for the living room. She sat on the couch and face palmed, tried not to let him see her tears fell down her cheek. Junhyung followed her and sat beside Chaerin, slowly wrapped his hands around her. He somehow felt really sorry for her. 
 
“Chaerin-ah…”
 
She cried to his embrace, silently sobbing and his shirt was stained by her make up. 
 
“I’m sorry…” Chaerin said with a husky voice.
 
“For what? It’s not like you did something wrong anyway. I understand. It must be really hard for you after all this time.” Junhyung reached for the tissue box on the table and offered it to Chaerin.
 
Chaerin wiped her tears and released his embrace, “It’s been three year for us. So yeah, it’s really hard for me.” she weakly smiled.
 
“You know what, it may seems strange but I actually met Kikwang… a week ago.”
 
“Re-really?”
 
“Well, it had been a half year since the last time we met. But then we met again a week ago. He really changed… a lot.”
 
Chaerin looked at him intensely, waiting for him to speak more.
 
“And a half year ago, something happened with him. He strangely disappeared and left a message that he already moved to somewhere…”
 
That was when Chaerin remembered to something, something that had been bothered her mind for these past six months. Kikwang was actually saying to Chaerin that he had something to do outside the town and would be leaving for two months. But after he came back, he wasn’t the same Kikwang she knew, he somewhat changed to a colder and ignorant Kikwang. She thought it probably because he was tired after leaving so she tried to understand. But after what Junhyung said it made her felt there was something wrong.
 
“Then a week ago I was going out with Hyunseung and found him at the bar half drunk. I just wanted to talk to him but I never thought there would be a fight. Hyunseung got too emotional and they were punching each other… Kikwang stood up and told me to leave him and get out from his life forever but… I somehow feel strange about him.”
 
Chaerin looked at Junhyung’s face, he was now serious and stared at their photo that Chaerin was holding on earlier.
 
“Kikwang is hiding something from us…”
 
 
*End of flashback*