Chapter 7

Sequences

"I'll drive you home," Junhyung was about to follow her but she told him to stop, "No, I'll just take the taxi. Bye. And... thanks."

She smiled a little before turning around and left Junhyung with Hyunseung.

"Man you ."

Junhyung sat back beside him, "What is it?"

"You do like her, don't you?" Hyunseung asked him.

"I don't know..."

Hyunseung looked at him, crossing his arms. Junhyung heaved a sigh, "Okay maybe I do, but..."

"Still can't get over Jihye?"

He didn't answer.

"Man.. she's cheating on you. Get over her and ask Chaerin out already."

Hyunseung grabbed Junhyung's ice cream from his hand and gulped the whole ice cream that left.

"Yah-"

"Take her to dinner or date," said Hyunseung, still munching the ice cream.

"-Seung why did you eat my ice cream?!"

"Aissh this guy. I'm trying to help you here."

"Ooh you sound like an expert. So tell me, why haven't you asked Minji out yet. Because you have no guts," he laughed at him dramatically.

"Aniiiiyo, it's because she's leaving for Japan."

Junhyung stood up and fixed the creases on his shirt, "Yeah whatever Seung, I'm leaving now. I get to back for work, unlike you, an unemployed rich bastard who always plays around."

"YAH," then Hyunseung stood up and jumped onto Junhyung's back.

 

***


{Chaerin's POV}

I turned around and leave them. A bit disappointed actually, because he didn't offer me for the second time. Now I really had to take taxi ugh.

"7th Avenue please." I said to the driver.

"Ephemeral Apartment?" he asked.

"Uhm yes..."

"Oh miss Lee Chaerin right?" he said in excitement as he saw me through the mirror.

"...Y-yeah and you are?" I started to freak out, this guy is probably some kind of stalker or even worse... ? No no Chaerin positive thinking!

"I'm Jino. I used to work in your company, miss."

Used to? Retired?

"Are you retired or what?" I asked him.

"I quit, miss. I got a higher salary here," he laughed sheepishly.

I just nodded and decided to not going further for the conversation, because I felt like I didn't want to have one.

The driving was silent, thankfully. But before we reached my apartment, the street became crowded and there was a traffic jam. I could see a huge crowd ahead.

"What is it Jino-sshi?" I asked him curiously.

"Seems like a new year carnival..."

New year? How could I not remember?

"...Really? What date is it?"

"It's December 31."

Damn. December 31? It's supposed to be our three years anniversary.

"Jino-sshi, I think I'll stop here. Thank you," I smiled and paid the cost.

After I got out of the car, he opened the window and popped his head out, "Are you really okay miss?"

"Yeah I'm okay."

Then I left him and walked to the carnival.

What a moron, wasting their time wearing a ridiculous costume and causing such a terrible traffic jam. This wasn't even midnight yet! There were also some random stalls selling stuffs and foods.

I used to go here with Kikwang for these past two years. We took pictures, counting down to midnight waiting for new year, played games, and he ever won a some kind of shooting game and gave me a huge cuddly bear as the prize, then we watched the fireworks afterwards.

It's supposed to be our three years anniversary. But we couldn't make it.

I sighed and shook my head, "Babo Chaerin-ah. You have to move on. Don't think about it anymore," I said to myself.


I looked at my watch, 4:30 PM.

It would take one hour to walk through this crowd and finally reach my apartment. I have no other choice than walk, because of the traffic jam it causes, taking a taxi or bus was useless.

The sky was slowly turning orange, and the hype of welcoming the new year was still all around, though midnight still a couple hours away. I decided to take a look around the stalls for a while, watching some cute little kids wearing a fruits costume. I giggled at them. Then I smelled a delicious food from the ddeokbeokki stall not far away from there. I bought some from the ahjumma, she even gave me some more for free.

As I ate the ddeokbokki, I continued to walk as I watched the people on the streets. Some of them were doing an attraction with bicycle, there was even a face painting too, and magic tricks show. It was sooo crowded.

Just then it started to drizzle, they slowly disappeared from the street and going somewhere to protect them and their costume from the rain that soon would fall down. I covered my head with my hands and quickened my pace. I occasionally bumped to some people, but I suddenly bumped really hard to someone and fell backward. I growled in pain, because both my hands got scratched.

"Are you okay?"

I hissed in pain, "... Ugh not really..." I looked up to see who it was, but then my jaw dropped.

He looked at me in disbelief.

"Chae?"

He was still the same. With those smiling eyes, plump lips, and wide foolish smile on his face. I still remember all of that.

 

*End of Chaerin's POV*

 

"Kikwang?"

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Kikwang stared at her, pretty shocked that he never thought of meeting her in such place.

"Well I-" Chaerin was about to say something but then got cut off by someone, "Oppa there you are!"

A girl came to Kikwang, reaching his hands and locked it with hers, she moved the umbrella that she was holding to above them now, preventing both of them to get wet.

"Jihye-ah..."

"You'll get sick if you stand under the rain for too long. Come on we`ll get home," she smiled at him.

She pulled him away from there, leaving Chaerin who was standing there dumbfoundedly.

"But-" Kikwang said as he turned his head to Chaerin.

"Chagi, you have creases on your shirt. See, I told you to always iron your clothes, or you can just take it to laundry..."

Chagi?, Chaerin heard it crystal clear. And now that word was echoing in her mind.

Then both of them disappeared in the crowd. Rain started to pour down, hitting Chaerin mercilessly with each drops. She didn't even realize that her tears started to flow down her cheeks. Chaerin just stared blankly and went to wherever her feet took her to.

She felt it again. The feeling of dagger striking her chest, she might even believe that there was an invisible blood. She felt her heart just crashed and shattered to pieces. Seeing him with another girl, was enough to break her down. Then she heard her calling him chagi, it was really more than enough.

She kept blaming herself for not getting over him, she cursed herself for getting too attached to someone she'd been together with for almost three years, she hated herself for loving him that much.

Thank goodness rain was camouflaging her tears. Now she thought that whenever she cries, the sky will cry too, because rain always fall to wash her tears away from her face. Chaerin was soaking wet, she didn't care anymore about her appearance. She started to feel cold and hugged herself. Then she saw a familiar building ahead.

She went there, and reached for the lift, furiously hitting the button to reach the floor she wanted to go to. She looked at her reflection on the reflective wall of the lift, and she was a total mess. As she reached the fifth level of the building, she stepped out and looked for his apartment number.

Chaerin shivered because of cold, "557, 557..." she kept mumbling as she hugged herself, trying to warm herself.

She reached the end of the corridor and found the 557 apartment. She had no other choice, and she didn't know where to go but here. Minji wasn't in Korea, and his brother was busy. She had nobody else. In doubt she held out her hands to hit the bell, and she pulled it back, then finally, she had the courage to ring the bell.

"Coming!" was the familiar voice she heard from inside.

A minute later the door opened, all that she could see was his figure standing and staring at her in shock, "Chaerin??"

Her tears once again exploded. She cried to his embrace and sobbing loudly.

"Ssh, Chae... It's okay. What happened?"

 

***

 

Ugh I hate breaking promise :s I had my holiday but I wasn't able to update often because of things I had to do. And now my school already started soooo do expect a slow update from me. Sorry -_- But I promise I'll finish this story and I'm not gonna leave it *pinky promise* :D Comments are much appreciated :))