Chapter 3

Sequences

 

Her jaw dropped.
 
How in the world did he know Kikwang?
 
She never thought that the guy that she thought would make her forget him, knew him. And they seemed to go to the same high school.
 
She could hardly believe it. Now she thought that world wasn’t as big as it seemed.
 
“Chaerin dinner is ready. What are you…”
 
Junhyung stood right behind her, looking at Chaerin who was still staring at the photo.
 
“You… know him?”
 
Chaerin turned to Junhyung, but his expression had changed.
 
Junhyung sighed, “We were in the same high school. And he used to be my best friend.”
 
‘Used to’? Then not anymore?, she questioned  to herself.
 
But she just nodded and decided not to ask further.
 
“You know him too, Chaerin?”
 
Junhyung walked back to kitchen. Chaerin put down the photo back to its place and followed him. She could smell delicious food from far. 
 
Junhyung sat on one chair and told Chaerin to sit at the other side.
 
“Well, I know him too. He’s my… ex boyfriend.”
 
Junhyung dropped his fork, “Oh my god I’m sorry.”
 
Silence hovered all around as they began to eat. 
 
“Uhm. So, how… did you guys… break up?”
 
“… It’s… too complicated to tell.”
 
“You wanna talk about it?”
 
Chaerin weakly smiled, “It’s gonna be a long long story.”
 
“It’s okay. We have all the night.” he smiled.
 
 
***
 
 
The next day she woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.
 
She grunted still half asleep, her hand looked for the phone.
 
“Geez where the hell is it…” she mumbled. Then she felt something under her moving. That was when she realised she had been sleeping on top of Junhyung with his hands wrapped around her body.
 
Chaerin quickly stood up and blushed. They were fallen asleep on the couch at living room.
 
She looked for her phone but couldn’t find it anywhere. It was 9 in the morning. Chaerin shook Junhyung and woke him up.
 
“Jun, wake up. It’s nine already, don’t you have to go work?”
 
But he didn’t respond.
 
“Aissh. Yah Junhyung!”
 
He started to laugh, Chaerin furrowed her brows.
 
“You already woke up!”
 
“Haha omg Chaerin you should see your own face when you’re blushing. You’re red like a crab.”
 
She pouted, “YOU’RE MAKING FUN OF ME.”
 
“And you were sleeping like a baby.” he chuckled.
 
“YAH! Why did you let me sleep… like… that?!!”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Why did we sleep on the couch? Why did you hug me???”
 
He laughed even more, “Yah Chaerin, you were fallen asleep right beside me. I fell asleep too then when I woke up you’re already on top of me. You must have a bad sleeping habit huh?”
 
‘Omo it’s really embarrassing ;~;’, Chaerin thought.
 
Chaerin’s phone kept ringing, then she found it under the couch. 
 
“Oh there it is.” Chaerin grabbed the phone and looked at the screen, it was Dongwook who was calling her.
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“Chaerin-ah, where are you? I’m at your apartment now, Minji’s still sleeping. And you’re nowhere in your room.”
 
“I-I… I was staying over my friend’s apartment.”
 
“Who is it? Do I need to pick you up?”
 
“NO! I mean, no I’m fine. I can go home by myself.”
 
“… Okay. But where are you? Is it a guy friend or girl friend?”
 
“Ah oppa, I think I’ll call you later okay? See you later.” Chaerin hung up the phone and sighed.
 
“Who was that?” Junhyung asked coming out from his room with only a wife beater on and a towel on his shoulder.
 
Chaerin turned around, “Whoa what are you doing?”
 
“Uh I’m going to shower.”
 
“So you’re getting comfortable around me huh?”
 
“I’ll take you home. You can use this towel if you want to clean. I have to go to work too so don’t take too much time, Chaerin.”
 
It took almost a half hour for Chaerin to get ready, Junhyung waited for her impatiently at living room. 
 
“Do I really need to wear this?” she came out from his room and made a grumpy face.
 
She was wearing his oversized sweater and wore it as a dress. 
 
“Aish don’t whine you have no other choice. Now come on.”
 
He took her to his car and take her home. Chaerin showed him the way to her apartment. 
 
When they reached there she bid goodbye and said thanks, “Thank you Junhyung. Nice to meet you anyway.”
 
She was about to turned back and go inside when he called her, “Chaerin-ah wait. Can I have your number?”
 
She raised a brow.
 
“Well, I still have to return your dress once it done from the laundry right?”