Chapter 9

Sequences

Junhyung stared at both Kikwang and Jihye in disbelief for what seemed like eternity.

She's pregnant.

She's pregnant.

She's pregnant.


That words were now echoing in his mind.

He tried to bring his common sense back, after the huge slap he got from what Kikwang said. Chaerin stood right behind him, clutching to his shirt tightly, jaw dropped as he was.

“She’s... pregnant...” Junhyung managed to let out words from his throat, “B-but, whose baby?”

Kikwang stared at Junhyung intently, before saying hesitantly “Mine...” in a very low voice, almost whispering.

Bitterly Junhyung watched Jihye who burst out in tears, Kikwang held out a hands to embrace her. 

Without him knowing Chaerin was behind staring at Kikwang with a somehow inexplicable facial expression. Deep down her heart, she felt angry, disappointed, betrayed, and broken hearted. Junhyung slowly turned to Chaerin, reaching for her cold shoulder to hug.

She didn’t care anymore, whether people are watching them and gathered around, she just wanted to let out her feelings. In a slow pace closing her gap to Kikwang, and she slapped him across his face. 

People gasped at all the drama that was happening in front of them. Kikwang didn’t fight back, he let Chaerin hitting his chest furiously. Couldn’t hold back any longer, her precious tears were falling down again, “Why... why..??” she managed to make a sound between her sobs. Junhyung pulled her away from Kikwang, calming her down.

Jihye stood still behind Kikwang, suddenly feeling her head like splitting, it felt like a million needles were scratching it. Her visions turned all black and she went unconscious. Kikwang was the first to catch her, he shook her body and called for her name, “Jihye, are you okay? Ji!!”

He shook her and checking for her pulse, "Ji, answer me please..."

Chaerin looked at Jihye in awe, suddenly walked closer to her body, "You said she's pregnant... She must be too tired, and shocked. You know, pregnant women are fragile. We should hurry... Jun, we should take her to hospital," she said as she turned around to Junhyung, who was crossing arms. He looked uncertain, but finally gave in. 

"Fine. Take her to my car."


***


She had been staring at the ticking clock on the wall for almost an hour now, waiting in silence. Junhyung stood beside her, leaning against the wall and keeping his head down while Kikwang sat across Chaerin, facepalmed himself.

"I thought we were best friend," Junhyung finally broke the silence.

Kikwang responded in a voice that barely could be heard, "I'm sorry..."

"You could have just tell me, Kwang! Why didn't you just tell me??!" when Junhyung started to get emotional, Chaerin held him, "No Jun, don't start again."

She then turned her gaze to Kikwang, "Tell me the truth. Everything."

Kikwang lifted his head and met her gaze, there was silence for a while before he finally spoke up.

"It was an accident. And... I was drunk too. Chae I'm so sorry..." he pulled his hair in frustration.

"How did you met her?" she asked, still eyeing him intently.

"Half year ago, in a reunion with my high school friends, Junhyung was there," he turned to Junhyung who already sat beside Chaerin.

"She was my chair mate, we were just talking about what we did back then in high school, and we continued to meet afterwards. When I told you I'm leaving for two months, I actually went to Jeju with Jihye, she said she's investing a restaurant and resort there, and she wants me to be one of the investor. I'm sorry Jun, it was just because we're friends. But... I don't know, I swear I don't know how it happened. We agreed to forget it and act like it never happened. I felt so guilty to you Chae, and you too Junhyung. I felt so burdened for keeping it a secret from you all that time, but she suddenly came to me telling that she's having my baby and she's keeping the child. I didn't want to hurt your feelings Chae, so I left you..."

His voice was shaky, finally he told her the truth, that he'd been keeping from her.

"H-how old is the baby?"

"Three months..."

Chaerin suddenly stood up from her seat, causing Junhyung to question, "Chae, where're you going?"

But she kept on going, leaving them behind, she walked pass by Jihye's room. Through the mirror on its door she peeked in, seeing pale Jihye lying on the bed.

She turned around and bumped to Junhyung, "Chae, you alright?"

"I- just take me home. Please."


***


She looked out the window, sweeping her gaze to the night city view. He let her remained in silent.

He stopped the car in front of the apartment building. Slowly turning his gaze to her, he let out a words, "Chae..."

"Thanks again," she flashed her smile a little before opening the door, but he managed to catch her by the hand, "Wait."

She tried to shook his hand away, but he was just too strong for her. Chaerin obeyed his indirect command for her to stay for awhile, "What?"

She hopped back in, still got her hand in his grasp, Chaerin stared deeply to his eyes.

"I... I hope you're alright."

She looked away, heaving a big sigh, "I need some time."

"Look. I meant what I said to you on that ferris wheel."

"... But... You seemed really angry when you found out she's pregnant."

"I-it's because, I was pretty shocked. Kikwang is my best friend, and Jihye, she was the one for me. And they did this to me. But Chae, I really like you..."

"I need time," she turned to him again, smiling. 

Chaerin leaned in closer and pecked him on the cheek, "Night," she smiled again for the last time and got out from his car.

He watched her figure who walked into the decent building, lowly muttered, "I'm waiting Chae..."

Chaerin dug in her bag, fishing for the apartment key. She felt the vibrate of her phone, but she didn't bother, it wasn't her priority.

"Damn key where are you..."

After she finally reached the key, she opened the door, kicked it close and walked to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she roamed all over to find something to fill the emptiness in her stomach. She grabbed a can of soda, pulled the metal rim to open it. She rested herself on the big couch in the living room, didn't bother to change to a more comfortable clothes, she kicked her shoes off.

Then she remembered her phone. Her bag was lying somewhere on the floor, she quickly reached for it, poured her stuffs out of the bag. Chaerin grabbed her phone and turned back to the couch. Staring at the screen, there were 6 messages and 10 missed calls, all from Dongwook.

" I forgot him."

She looked at the clock, it was sharp 3 AM. He must be worrying about me, she thought.

She read all the messages from him.

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Friday, Dec 31 2010 03:00 PM)
Message : Chae I'll be home late. Sorry maybe you'll celebrate new year alone :s Take care :) And happy new year ^^

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Friday, Dec 31 2010 05:48 PM)
Message : Where are you now? Did Junhyung take you home? 

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Friday, Dec 31 2010 07:19 PM)
Message : Chae call me okay

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Friday, Dec 31 2010 09:02 PM)
Message : Chaerin you need to reply me ASAP. I've been calling you since this afternoon

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Friday, Dec 31 2010 11:38 PM)
Message : I'll be home in an hour. I hope you're home already. Happy new year okay :)

-------------------------------------------------

From : Dongwook oppa (Saturday, Jan 1 2011 00:58 AM)
Message : WHERE ARE YOU?

-------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, I am so dead," she muttered, quickly typed a reply.

-------------------------------------------------

To : Dongwook oppa
Message : I'm sorry oppa, I didn't pay attention to my phone. I missed all your calls :( I was with Junhyung, don't worry. Happy new year too. I'm at my apartment, it's okay. Rest well oppa, I'll call you later 

-------------------------------------------------

She sent the message, slumped back wearily into the couch. The whole scenes that happened yesterday flashed back through her mind. She shut her eyes, rubbing her temple. 

Deep down her heart, she kept questioning herself. Now that she knew she couldn't have Kikwang back, would she finally let go? She had Junhyung to wait. It wasn't like she didn't like him, she was just unsure. Everything happened just too fast.

Her phone vibrated, causing her shocked a bit. Assuming it was Dongwook who replied her message earlier, she quickly opened it.

-------------------------------------------------

From : Junhyung (Saturday, Jan 1 2011 03:11 AM)
Message : Sleep well c: Don't let your eyes having bags keke~

-------------------------------------------------

She smiled to herself, slowly drifting off to sleep. 

 

***

 

Sorry lame chapter *headdesk* T~T

Thank you for all readers who stick with me until this chapter *cyberhugssss*

So yay the baby isn't Junhyung's but... who knows what will happen next? xD

I didn't get time to re-read it, sorry for any grammatical errors -o-

Feedbacks are loved<3 See you on the next update~ 8)