Chapter 1

Sequences

 

"Chaerin..."
 
Minji swayed her hand back and forth in front of Chaerin's face, tried to bring her consciousness back to its place. The cup that she was holding fell onto the floor and turned to pieces.
 
"Chaerin, this is way too much."
 
Minji let out a deep sigh when Chaerin didn't answer or even turn her head to her. She stared at the broken pieces on the floor. 
 
"Aish. Why it has always to be me who clean this all."
 
Chaerin still didn't look at her, but continously staring blankly outside the window. She had been like that for a week now. Since that time, Chaerin had been spacing out and just sat at the edge of the large window staring outside.
 
"See? You're not even listening to me!"
 
Minji's patience had reached its highest level. She couldn't take it anymore. She knew that her friend was sad, but she thought that this was too much. She shook Chaerin and hit the back side of her head to bring her back to earth. She hit her not too hard, but she knew that it was hard enough to bring her consciousness back.
 
"Chaerin... You need to move on."
 
Minji grunted, "Gosh! It's not like he's the only boy that attracted to you right?"
 
"Minji-ah... You just don't know how it feels." Chaerin weakly smiled to her.
 
"Okay. I maybe don't know. But hey, he broke up to you. I'm not sure he's feeling the same way you do now. He's a jerk. And you don't need to feel like this for him."
 
Minji's words daggered Chaerin's heart, and she was right. It was him who wanted a break up, and it's her who hurt the most. 
 
"I-i..." Chaerin couldn't say a thing.
 
"Sigh. Chaerin, there will always be fishes in the sea."
 
Chaerin furrowed her brows, "You mean, there are many fishes in the sea?" Chaerin corrected her and she started to chuckle.
 
"Well, I don't see any difference."
 
"Haha okay I know that. Look Minji, I know there are still many boys out there, but moving on isn't as easy as it seems. You need to experience it first then you can say all you want. Okay okay I'll move on, and I'll try to forget Kikwang."
 
Minji smiled widely, "THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO HEAR OKAY."
 
Chaerin laughed at her loudness, "OMG Minji, don't shout nearly to my ear, will you?"
 
"Aye I'm proud that you finally decided to forget him. Now come with me."
 
Minji grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, Chaerin tried to resist not knowing where she takes her to, "Whoa Minji, where are we going?"
 
"Oh. Didn't I tell you earlier? Hyunseung is throwing a party. He invited me, and I want you to accompany me." Minji just grinned at her and continue dragging her to the closet.
 
"Now, if you really want to forget that jerk then this will be our first step. I'll make you suuuupeeerr fabulous okay."
 
Chaerin didn't insist and let her do the magic.
 
 
***
 
 
"Oh... My... Gawd..." Minji eyeing her from head to toe, she was admiring Chaerin who was turning around in front of the standing mirror with a disbelief on what she saw on the mirror.
 
"WHY WERE YOU HIDING THEM ALL THIS TIME?? You.. have such a beautiful body..." said Minji, still amazed, "Geez, If only I were a boy..." she muttered.
 
"YAH MINJI! Didn't I tell you to not always get loud? And you sounded creepy just now okay!"
 
"Haha sorry. But you do look super gorgeous. I knew this dress would fit on you perfectly."
 
"Isn't this too.. revealing?"
 
"NO! This is called y."
 
Chaerin admired the reflection she saw. She turned around once again. Her blonde hair fell on her bare shoulder, the black mini dress that reached her thigh fit perfectly with her body and showing her s-line obviously. She actually has a good sense of fashion, but to dress like this, is something she's not used to. 
 
"Well. I do look good actually." Chaerin said to herself but Minji could hear it.
 
"I know, right. Thanks God I did buy that red stiletto last month. It's a perfect match with that dress."
 
"Minji, what are you going to wear?"
 
"I'm already dressed up."
 
"THAT? ONLY WITH THAT?" Chaerin looked at her, who was wearing a maroon tube dress that reached above her knees and a chuck taylor shoes.
 
"Ne."
 
"That's unfair."
 
Minji chuckled, "What is UNFAIR, Chaerin? Look, you're totally gorgeous."
 
"But-"
 
"No buts. Let's go hook you up with some boys there kay."
 
“Wait Minji I-”
 
“Wait what?”
 
“My brother isn’t gonna allow me to go home late.”
 
“Well, he doesn’t need to know right? Now come on.”
 
 
***
 
 
It took a half hour for them to reach the club. Hyunseung greeted Minji as soon as they came in.
 
"I know you're coming." he said to her and was about to hug her when Minji slowly pushed him away.
 
"I told you. Don't. Hug. Everywhere." Minji hissed.
 
Hyunseung laughed, "Haha okay okay. It was a joke. Oh hey Chaerin, you're coming too."
 
Chaerin only smiled to him. She felt really awkward when Hyunseung eyeing her from head to toe.
 
"You look gorgeous." he smiled to her.
 
"Thanks." was the only word she said.
 
The three went to the bar and sat there. Minji ordered drinks for her and Chaerin while talking to Hyunseung. Chaerin felt like a third wheel at the moment.
 
"Yah Minji. Why are you doing this to me?" Chaerin whispered to Minji, making sure that Hyunseung wasn't listening.
 
"Doing what?"
 
"Ignoring me!"
 
"Who ignores you? I'm talking to Hyunseung."
 
"That's it!"
 
"You're not joining us. Your fault."
 
Chaerin sighed. She decided to go to the dance floor as she heard her favorite music played.
 
She got lost into the music and moved her body to the beat. She loves dancing. She really does.
 
Dance was the reason for Chaerin and Minji's relationship. Dance connected them each other, and they often spend their time by dancing in their studio inside their apartment. Since Chaerin was the step sister of Choi corps' heir, their shared apartment was pretty delicate. Minji was actually a member of famous dance crew "Hi-Tech", and she had been a back up dancer for several kpop artists. 
 
Minji realised Chaerin's absence and looked everywhere. But then she spotted her on the dance floor waving her body and dance to the beat of the music. She was still admiring how gorgeous her best friend was. Minji felt pity for Kikwang for letting her go.
 
Hyunseung's voice snapped her back, "Minji where are you looking at... Oh Chaerin's there."
 
"Yo Minji. I never knew that she can shake her like that."
 
Minji felt a tingle sensation and a bit wave of jealousy hit her, "YAH! Don't talk about her like that. She's my best friend remember." she pinched his arm lightly.
 
"I'm kidding! No need to pinch okay, it hurts. You're still better for me." he grinned.
 
"Yeah whatever." Minji rolled her eyes.
 
Hyunseung laughed, and ordered another glass for both of them when a guy around his age approached them.
 
"Hyunseung! Man I've been looking for you like forever."
 
"Were you looking at the wrong place? I've been here since half hour ago." Hyunseung took a sip from his drink.
 
Minji looked at the guy. She never seen him before. He was handsome, Minji thought.
 
Realised on Minji's stare, that guy smiled to her.
 
"Hey. You must be Minji. Hyunseung always talks about you."
 
Minji laughed, she always knew Hyunseung got a pretty huge crush on her. Hyunseung punched his shoulder lightly, "Yah!"
 
"I'm Yong Junhyung. This guy's best friend." he chuckled as he offered a handshake. Minji reached his hand and shook it, "Minji."
 
"Well, seems like I'm disturbing you two. I'm going now kay. Have fun."
 
Junhyung left the two at the bar for the dance floor. 
 
"Uhm. Is he a spoiled unemployed party animal like you, Hyun?" Minji asked him in a joking way.
 
"Yah! I'm not what you said okay. Junhyung runs his family business."
 
Minji chuckled, "Ah I see. Then why you don't?"
 
"Don't do what?"
 
"Runs family business or kind of."
 
"Because I do not want to. I'm more into dancing than doing business or stuffs."
 
"Haha I know right. Why don't you take an audition for Hi-Tech?"
 
"Nah. Someday. Hey, isn't this place just too boring?"
 
Hyunseung got up from his seat and grabbed Minji's wrist.
 
"We're going somewhere?"
 
"Yeah." Hyunseung grinned.
 
 
***
 
 
Chaerin really enjoyed her time on the dance floor and danced to the music heartfully. She suddenly felt someone from behind holding her waist.
 
"You're a really great dancer." he whispered.
 
The whisper sent shivers down her spine. Chaerin got a bit annoyed by the stranger. She smirked and , waving her body and grinding it against his body. She could feel that the guy was smirking.
 
"I'm Yong Junhyung by the way." he whispered once again.
 
Chaerin turned around and looked at him. She flipped her bangs, put her hands around his neck and started to dance. 
 
Junhyung wrapped his hands around Chaerin's waist and pulled her closer to him. Chaerin gasped by his sudden action and started to worry. She didn't think that this would go this far, she was just only want to that's all. She felt a bit uncomfortable, but she felt somewhat safe around his embrace.
 
"What's yours?" Junhyung asked in a low husky voice. 
 
Chaerin tried to calm herself down, "It's Lee Chaerin."
 
"Lee Chaerin. As pretty as the owner." he smirked.
 
Chaerin's heart started to beat faster. She must admit that he was extremely handsome, with dark eyes and dark hair. His plump lips were really distracting her. It was somehow reminding her of... Kikwang.
 
She released her hands from him, "I-I'm sorry I need to go to the rest room."
 
Then she left him there. Junhyung questioned himself, did he do something wrong?