The Youngest

The 임's

Im Yugyeom. 

 

Baby in the house. 

 

The youngest.

 

Currently in the middle of a mission. 

 

Yugyeom know that he can’t do it but he just need to test his strength and because he’s a strong baby! Standing on tip toes as best as he can without wobbling away from the counter, he try to grab a banana. Yugyeom is currently in love with banana. The color, the mushy texture and the flavor just ugh. Another reason why Jinyoung bought almost 2 box of banana because Yugyeom can eat banana for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.

 

He almost got it when he hears his mommy, clearly his tone is not impressed. “Im Yugyeom just what are you doing? It’s dangerous. What if you fell and hit the sharp end huh?” 

 

Yugyeom scrunch his face in anger and whines when his mommy hoists him up. Does his mommy don’t know that he want some banana? It’s like the most delicious thing that has ever landed on Yugyeom’s mouth. 

 

The baby, dressed in yellow shirt with jeans overall (courtesy of Jaebum making him looked like minion), swaying his body backwards, away from his mommy. “Yugyeom!” Jinyoung shrieks, “you can’t do that! You will hurt yourself!” 

 

Yugyeom huffs and start to tell his mom that he want banana and how he’s going to get it. Although, it all just blabbers from the baby mouth but Jinyoung know to well. He held the baby arms length away, “Okay, what do you want?” 

 

“Don’t you just sigh at me young man and don’t be that sassy!” Jinyoung almost want to laugh at how sassy Yugyeom look is now, he roll his eyes (trying his best) and putting on the ‘seriously mom? You don’t know what i want?’ look. 

 

“Bana!” is what Yugyeom says and now Jinyoung understand. 

 

His mommy finally give Yugyeom his banana. He’s finally feeling happy and contented, sitting in his baby green high chair with a plate full of cut off banana. Yugyeom reach out to his first piece and squeeze the banana. He squeals at how the fruit turn mushy in his little chubby hands. Shoving it inside his mouth, Yugyeom let out happy laugh. 

 

He’s happy enough with banana as his lunch. 

 

(Of course not. Jinyoung have to fight tooth and nail for Yugyeom to eat some veggies)

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung is exhausted. It’s almost autumn, which means it’s getting a little chilly but not really, but it’s the time where he have to give all his effort for Jaebum to clean the backyard. They actually can get people to do that, courtesy of Jaebum, but no Jinyoung want to do it like a normal family. He would love to jump at the leaf piles.

 

Taking out clear socks and putting in more the never ending dirty laundry. Of course, when you have 5 kids there will be tons of laundry that you have to do by the end of the day. 

 

“Mommyyyyy!!!” 

 

Jinyoung look at the door and there stood a diaper Yugyeom. “Why are you in your diaper only and where is your pants boy?” he stood up and take the baby to his arms. 

 

“No pant!!” 

 

Jinyoung huffs, he wonder where is his husband because he’s the one in charge of taking care of the kids while Jinyoung clear all the laundries. Thanking God for all his kindness to not smack his husband’s face when Jinyoung found him sleeping on the sofa along with the twins and Youngjae. Bambam is busy on the floor with his toys (thank goodness he didn’t make any mess). 

 

He look down at Yugyeom and notice that he’s on the edge of falling asleep. Jinyoung hums a song and make his way towards the master bedroom to change his clothes first, then he’ll put Yugyeom to sleep. Yugyeom know what his mommy wants to do but he doesn’t want to let go of the warmth. He love to cuddle on his mommy because mommy just gives him warmth feeling. 

 

“Noo mama” Yugyeom tears are flowing down. Why his mama didn’t understand that Yugyeom needs some cuddles?!

 

The exhausted man let out a sigh softly and opted to just sleep away his tiredness for a moment. Guess that Yugyeom is happy too with his decision because the kid immediately latch to Jinyoung’s chest and snuggle his chubby face even more deeper. Jinyoung pat his bum softly and watch as the little chest slowly rising and falling, sleeping peacefully.

 

Jinyoung -almost- forgot that his other baby is downstairs without any adults (what a bad mother he is, okay judge him). Jinyoung look down at Yugyeom, hoping that the baby would loose his tight grip on Jinyoung’s top but no. The moment Jinyoung move, Yugyeom open his eyes and move closer to the point his little chubby body rest on top of Jinyoung. 

 

Little movement caught Jinyoung eyes and there stood Bambam on his doorway, rubbing his eyes with his little hand while his other clutching his plush tightly to his chest. Jinyoung gesture the baby to join them. Bambam climb to the bed, struggling a bit. 

 

“mommy, why gyeommie sleep?” Bambam asks, words a bit muffled behind his pacifier. One thing that Jinyoung hate is actually giving his kids pacifiers. He believe that it would get them addicted into it, but he got no other choice when Bambam refused to his milk for the first time. The doctor said that Bambam needs to rehearse on his mouth motor so Jinyoung always put something for Bambam to on. 

 

“Because he’s sleepy darling. Why don’t you sleep too since it’s way past your nap time” Jinyoung softly untangled the unruly hair. Bambam nod and snuggle his way. 

 

“good night mommy” he slurs the words, clearly the sleep taking over him. 

 

Silence fills the room. Jinyoung look down at the two peaceful face and smile. When you see your kids sleeping, it’s like there’s something that made you proud but scared at the same time. When Jinyoung was pregnant and the twins was born, he start to realized that this was all real. They are not doll and they are not his nephews or nieces where he play with them then when he got tired, he hand them over to their mothers. No, this is real. These two were his and Jaebum for life. 

 

“I love you both babies… and your hyungs too. Grow up well. Mommy and daddy love you all”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yugyeom say ‘daddy’ c’mon Gyeom— no don’t d— no c’mon say ‘daddy’ please” Jaebum is frustrated but he’s not going to stop until Yugyeom can say his name. 

 

Meanwhile Yugyeom, he’s giggling non-stop and throwing both hands up in the air thinking that his daddy is funny and he’s just happy. If the child wasn’t dressed in his bird onesie and look oh-so-cutely, Jaebum will get mad. Jaebum sigh, running his fingers through the soft brown locks that has grown so much in a mere 1 year. 

 

“Let’s try again okay baby, say ‘da-ddy’. Copy me” Jaebum look directly at Yugyeom’s shining and twinkling eyes, thinking that he finally did it this time.

 

Yugyeom open his mouth but only let out “baaa” sound. His mouth opened wide and he points at his banana. “Baaaaaa” his little chubby hands slaps the tray table, frustated that his daddy didn’t give him banana anymore. 

 

Jinyoung walks in at that time, chuckling at the scene of his husband didn’t give up teaching their youngest. Jaebum is upset because Yugyeom called for his ‘mama’ first rather than him. He -playfully- accused his lover that he cheated when Jaebum work to teach their son. 

 

“Honey, stop forcing our baby to say your name. He will say it when he’s ready” Jinyoung smiles and blow raspberries into the youngest cheek, making him laugh. 

 

“Sshhh. He’s learning” Jaebum start to lecture the baby again and Jinyoung can tell that Yugyeom is far more interested with how he can crush the banana with his hands. 

 

Jaebum hears Jinyoung leave the room, admiring the back view of his love in white t-shirt and sweatpants, before snapping back at his youngest. Yugyeom attempted to feed himself some of the banana, resulting drools dribbling down and Jaebum know that he have to bath Yugyeom once again. 

 

“Ugh… whoever gives your mommy good idea of bathing you before breakfast is stupid” the man groans even more when the child managed to slap a banana to his cheek. 

 

“That’s it. Let’s go take a bath” 

 

Yugyeom claps his hands happily and Jaebum know that he just have to accept the fact that Yugyeom won’t say his name today. He just have to try harder, he guess. After all, seeing the little smiling face, thinking that his daddy is becoming funny guy today, is enough. He’s upset yes, but at least the twins and Youngjae said his name first. 

 

Oh how he can’t forgot Jinyoung shocked expression. Jaebum let go the matters later but he sometimes sneakily teach Yugyeom, just not too hard. So, you can imagine his surprise when one day he got home feeling so tired and all he can think is a warm bath, when little Yugyeom greet him by the door. 

 

Crawling on the floor and standing up when he got tight grip on his father’s pants, looking up he said the word. 

 

“Dada!”



VERY SHORT CHAPTER I'M SO SORRY BUT I JUST CAN'T WITH YUGYEOM AND HIS FANBOYING OVER JJP ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I just watch a video where he tried to get ticket for JJP showcase and that was the cutest thing ever. I was like 'I have to write something about this' lol. 

 

Enjoy 

x-A