Before and after school

Leobin Drabbles and One-shots

Voice: raise your hand if you want a dashingly handsome male as their school teacher?
Author: *raises hand* Me! Me!
 
Because I honestly have not seen a handsome teacher like Hongbin and his student Taekwoon exist in this fanfic world.
 

 

Mathematics may be the most mind-blowing subject in many students’ lives but probably not for this particular school. This was especially true if your teacher happened to be likely the human equivalent of a Greek god. Sharp jawline, solid body, his visuals further enhanced by the fitting dress shirt and slacks on his body. Mr Lee Hongbin was the definition of perfection. One would expect his students to be smitten by him and fail in the subject just to get extra lessons from the male. Yet, his classes are well-known for perfect As and Bs for the subject. It always amazes the Math Department and sometimes they suspected that the teacher cheated. But of course, that was never the case.

 
Answer his questions correctly and one will be rewarded with a blinding dimpled smile. Should one make a mistake, the menacing aura would be felt and the student would be bestowed thrice the normal amount of workload. For that reason, his students would try their best to do well for the subject, even to the point of forming mini study groups to discuss on the assignments. Hongbin has always been proud that he is able to make his students study well without his appearance becoming a distraction. When he first decided on becoming a teacher, his family had laughed at him, telling him how his face would become a distraction for his students.
 
“A teacher? Is that a joke?” His mother teased with a light laugh.
 
“I find it hard to believe that you will succeed. You will be teaching a bunch of hormonal teens and your face invites literal and implied trouble.” His sister not-so-kindly added.
 
Pouting, Hongbin let out a huff indignantly, “Why are you mocking me! I can do well too! I will prove it!”
 
Thinking back at the amount of hard work and effort he dedicated to his job, Hongbin smiled. Today, he was about to return the tests his class had from last week. Everyone in the class fidget about in their seats, nervous about the results especially since this was one of the more difficult tests they had taken. Hongbin began calling each of them up and smiling at them for whenever they got a good grade. When he stopped at the last script, he frowned a little.
 
“Jung Taekwoon.” A tall male stood up, shoulders slacked and back slightly hunched, walked forward. There was clear fear in the student's eyes and Hongbin made sure to give a gentle look. “You did really badly, this is not your best, Taekwoon.”
 
“I am sorry, Mr Lee.” The student’s head lowered in apology.
 
“It’s alright. I have decided that you need extra classes after school. I will talk to your soccer coach to make arrangements for you to skip practice. Is that okay?”
 
“Okay…” There was a hint of disappointment in the male’s voice. Hongbin knew the boy loved the sport but since competition was already over, he wanted to prepare Taekwoon ahead of time so that he would not fall back in his grades.
 
♢♢♢
 
“Taekwoon-ie! Is it true that you are having private lessons with the Mr Lee?” Hakyeon, his best friend placed his face obnoxiously close to Taekwoon’s. Choking on his food at the sudden intrusion of Hakyeon, Taekwoon coughed madly. When he finally recovered, the shiny and hopeful orbs of the other male continued to direct unspoken yet clear questions at Taekwoon.
 
Sighing, he resented to his fate and nodded, earning loud shriek and a pat on his back. “Niceee! A studying session with the hottest male teacher ever! How lucky!”
 
“Hakyeon,” Taekwoon spoke with a tone of disapproval. “It's not what you think.”
 
“But it is!” Sanghyuk and Sungjae interrupted at the same time excitedly. Soon, one after another friend came over to join the conversation at the table.
 
“Why is it that everyone knows?!” Taekwoon let out with exasperation.
 
“News spread fast, hyung. As soon as your math class ended, everyone in the school knew,” Minhyuk calmly replied.
 
“Yeah especially since you are taught by the Lee Hongbin! It's impossible to not know!” Eunkwang added.
 
“And this is the first time he ever give private lessons to his students. You must be special.” Hakyeon said with a smirk.
 
Defeated, Taekwoon buried himself in his lunch, ignoring the nonsense his friends were going on about. It was just simple extra classes with his teacher and it was not his first time (well, it was with other teachers), especially since soccer causes his grades to suffer from time to time. He was in his senior year and really needed to work hard.
 
Despite how natural everything was supposed to be, he still could not help feeling nervous. The more he tries to stop his nerves, the more butterflies he felt. He was going to be alone with the extremely popular mathematics teacher in their school for the next two hours. Moreover, his classmates and friends have been teasing him since the day Mr Lee mentioned it.
 
“Taekwoon?” The male flinched in response before he sat up straight and turned in the teacher's direction. “You're here, good, we can start then.” Mr Lee walked towards him before taking the seat next to Taekwoon.
 
“Mr Lee, you are not using the board?”
 
“Nah, I don't really want to be covered in chalk, and it is easier to explain things this way.”
 
And hence the two hours began.
 
♢♢♢
 
“You’re kidding, right?”
 
“Nothing happened?”
 
“This isn't some manhwa where the teacher and the student have some sort of affair.” Taekwoon chided.
 
Hakyeon raised his hands up in exasperation, “He is the most handsome teacher in this school! Why didn't you try to seduce him at the very least!”
 
“Cha Hakyeon!” The senior scolded before glaring at his friend.
 
The conversation about his private lesson eventually died down afterwards since it was really just a normal lesson. Taekwoon heaved a sigh of relief before munching his sandwich while thinking about how he could finish the assignments given by Hongbin before the next lesson.
 
It was a complete accident that they were in their current position, Taekwoon hovering above his y math teacher was purely an accident. Accidents in this world happen often and one just had to be so unlucky to trip over a chair leg and the other just happened to tried saving the falling one. And there you have it, an accident. Yet, it was definitely intentional when Mr Lee pecked him softly on the lips, turning red immediately after. The two of them got up like robots, the air of awkwardness hanging there.
 
It was at the moment Taekwoon decided to quickly pack up and leave that Mr Lee spoke.
 
“Hurry up and graduate properly. We’ll talk then.” He spoke calmly yet the blush on the teacher's face was inevitably obvious. The senior nodded a few times before making a run for home.
 
Hongbin grabbed his shirt’s pocket, feeling the erratic thumping of his heart. He had just kissed (pecked) his student's lips. He had not meant for the action to happen even if he had secretly been wanting to do so for some time. At least he held on to his morals and did nothing more than gave an innocent kiss. Taekwoon was really going to drive him crazy.
 
♢♢♢
 
No one in the school knew. Hongbin and Taekwoon lived next to each other. And they literally lived next to each other in the same house. One fine day, Taekwoon’s father pulled Hongbin into the house, introducing him as his friend’s son out of the blue. Hongbin needed a place near his workplace and Taekwoon’s father figured that him living with them was the perfect solution.
 
Fast forward the time a bit more, Taekwoon did confess to his teacher but it was on the day when there was no one at home. The elder brushed it off as physical attraction but when Taekwoon became more persistent, Hongbin found himself throwing yet another excuse - Taekwoon is his student. Taekwoon was so dejected that he ignored Hongbin the following morning and the rest of the week. It was at that moment when Hongbin knew, he had already fell for Taekwoon. Because it should not hurt when he was ignored, or when the teen carried a pained look. His heart was not supposed to race whenever he catches Taekwoon falling asleep and being adorable in general. As much as he wanted to deny, Hongbin knew that he was not able to and so he promised he would wait till the teen graduated.
 
Apparently, his impatient self still won over when his brain decided that his body should move forward to press their lips together briefly. It was a good thing that his logic and sense was retained when he decided that the extra lessons would be done in school and not at home. He had a slight inkling as to the atrocities he might commit if they were to be left alone in a room at home.
 
It was nevertheless, extremely awkward back at home. Neither could look at the other properly in the eye and Taekwoon’s noona eyed them suspiciously.
 
“You two are being weird…” She commented casually over dinner.
 
“You must be overthinking…” Hongbin replied why Taekwoon merely gave a blank look. The female decided to drop the issue and continued with her meal and secretly, they heaved a sigh of relief.
 
♢♢♢
 
Hakyeon and Eunkwang were ridiculously sharp. The moment they saw Taekwoon’s eyes twinkling, yes twinkling, when Hongbin walked into the canteen, they knew something was up. Taekwoon was lucky that all they knew was his crush on the school’s most popular teacher and not the fact that they kissed once or live under the same roof.
 
Of course, things had to go wrong someday. When Taekwoon unfortunately fell ill and collapsed during Math lesson and Hongbin, being a wonderful teacher, carried the boy in bridal style into the nurse’s office. It was not as if they did something strange at the nurse’s office but rather the act of the teacher carrying his student was caught on cameras (damn handphone cameras these days, Hongbin thought). For a week, the school had all sorts of rumours going on and girls squealing over photos. Taekwoon was about to die from embarrassment as his fellow classmate and friend, Eunkwang, explained in exaggerated detail how the hot male teacher carried Taekwoon like a knight in shining armor to the health office without even a blink of his eyes. Taekwoon really wanted to slap his friend’s mouth.
 
By the time the rumors died down, it was when the seniors were rushing for the finals of their high school life. In a blur, Taekwoon finished his exams and suddenly he was walking up the stage to collect his diploma. His friends cheered as he collected the paper and Taekwoon was extremely embarrassed by his friends’ antics.
 
The hall was a filled with a mixture of emotions as families embraced their children and graduates took photos with one another. While Taekwoon was taking photos with his friends, the smiling face of Hongbin took him off-guard and the older took a bouquet of flowers he hid behind his back out for Taekwoon. Taekwoon’s parents smiled at the action but his friends instantly turned into stone as they watched Taekwoon taking them shyly and grinning before Hongbin pressed a chaste kiss on the graduate’s forehead. All hell broke loose afterwards. The entire school became a huge mess when everyone heard about the incident and let’s just say Mr Lee had some trouble when the new semester started as all his students enjoyed teasing him.
 

Hi~ I have finally updated >< This was actually in my folder for a long time but I was not able to go through it properly. I know it is probably a very rushed one-shot but it was fun to read.

Have a good day/night everyone!