Spring’s last rain

Leobin Drabbles and One-shots
 
It began last winter when they first met. Hongbin was pacing softly on the fallen snow, admiring the frosted landscape when their eyes met. In the midst of the pure white laid a dog bigger than average bleeding profusely, its yellow-gold eyes locked with Hongbin’s own. It took some time before the male was close enough and he inspected the damage. The deep gash on the animal’s belly was ugly and terrible. Hongbin was no doctor but he knew one who lived close by and carried the dog after tying the wound with his scarf.
 
Sanghyuk stared at his friend with knitted brows and crossed arms. The older had always been soft-hearted, especially towards animals but this was out of question. The dog was bigger than normal and letting it into Hongbin’s house might unleash unimaginable havoc.  “You are not bringing him home,” he warned sternly.
 
“But he is wounded, I can take care of him…” Hongbin pleaded his case. Before Sanghyuk could give an adamant “No”, his hyung had already given him a pair of sparkling eyes that could probably overwhelm puppy eyes. Sighing in defeat, Sanghyuk agreed to Hongbin’s selfishness, insisting the latter to call him if anything went wrong.
 
Hongbin’s trust in the animal was not misplaced as the dog was extremely well-behaved and usually stayed in the same area in his apartment. As time went by, Hongbin got used to having it being around and barking every time he returned home. Eventually the wound closed and became nothing more than a faint pink scar. They provided each other with the warmth needed in the chilly weather and their lonely hearts. But a particular bright day after Hongbin brought it home for a month, the dog pestered him for a walk. At the moment Hongbin turned his back around while they were at the park, the animal escaped. Hongbin spent the next few days searching, only to be depressed when he realised the truth.
 
Months passed and it was spring. Cherry blossom trees lined up along the roads, displaying their beauty in full bloom. It was then he met a man with the exact same eyes as the dog but it happened in a flash. In the midst of the crowds gathered to view the flowers, he caught a glimpse of the man before the stranger disappear in a blink of the eye. It happened again when he was out with Sanghyuk for a meal but it was always in an instant. As if to heal his broken heart, he went back to the place he first met the dog. It was not exactly a popular area for cherry blossom viewing, added to the fact that the flowers had began to fall. He saw the man there, tall, hair the colour of brown and golden eyes. By the time he knew, he was standing in front of the stranger, looking straight into his eyes. It was not repulsive when the taller male raised a hand to softly touch Hongbin’s cheek, in fact, it felt warm and comforting. Tears began to form at the corner of his eyes and then they fell.
 
“Hi. My name’s Taekwoon,” The man said while attempting to dry Hongbin’s eyes with the brush of his thumb.
 
“I am Hongbin. But you know already right?” Hongbin managed to say without stuttering.

Taekwoon offered nothing more than a smile, so gentle and so sincere, causing Hongbin’s heart to ache more. As spring’s last rain fell in the strong wind as a whirl of pink, soft lips touched each other and a new love story was about to begin.
 

The last paragraph was actually the drive for this chapter. Spring's last rain refers to the falling of the cherry blossoms, which is why in here, it fell in the midst of a strong wind and a whirl of pink. If you caught that without seeing my explanation, I hope imagining this scene have been fun because it was for me.

I can now ticked off werewolf au and cherry blossoms off my checklist for Leobin XD You bet Taekwoon come clean about his identity as a werewolf once they start dating :3