War au

Leobin Drabbles and One-shots
Voice message 1: Is this Hongbin? I am Taekwoon. I called you a few times before but you didn't pick up. Are you okay?
 
Voice message 2: Wonshik, stop doing that! I am trying to talk here! Sorry about that, ummm, do you want to grab a coffee with me tomorrow? Hyung, can't you call him? Why a voice message? I said shut- *click*
 
Voice message 3: Hey sweetie, I am going to be late tonight, don't wait up and turn in early without me. Love you *muack*
 
Voice message 4: I am sorry. Don't be mad. Answer my calls, please? Bin-ah, I love you.
 
Voice message 5: Bin-bin~ Where are you? *hiccup* My head feels light right now, everything's floating around me~ Biiiiinnnn~
 
There weren't many of those messages, but Hongbin replayed them countless times. Occasionally, he would listen to the voice recordings of Taekwoon and his conversations, and it was those sounds that led him to his slumber.
 
“Geez, you're doing it again.” Hakyeon chided as he entered the apartment.
 
“I like, no I love his voice.”
 
“Yeah yeah. At least you are not crying over him. You are going to die alone at this rate. Find another dude or something seriously.”
 
“He took too much space in my heart. I can't replace and put someone else in it.”
 
“Sappy.”
 
“Nosy.”
 
They fell into their usual routine of chatting with one another before one friend and the other arrived. They always have a gathering every week to talk and have fun. Even with Taekwoon missing, life has to go on and Hongbin believes that his lover would want him to keep smiling.
 
With how much credit people give to his face, finding his other half felt impossible. He wanted to be known for more than just a face, more than what his physical appearance says but the only ones who understood are his friends and family. When he first met Taekwoon, the male was wearing shades and placed his cat on the counter. It was not really uncommon for one to be with sunglasses, especially with the powers many individuals possessed, accessories have become well-known to keep them in control. Hongbin took care of the cat and gave it back to the taller male. There were small exchanges but nothing more than polite talk. It was on his third visit that Hongbin found out about Taekwoon’s lack of sight.
 
“You’re nice.”
 
“Thank you?”
 
“Why the doubtful tone?”
 
Hongbin let out a long sigh before replying, “I get told that I am nice but it's mainly because of my face. So I am doubtful.”
 
“If it helps, I can't see. Blind man to put it simply.” Hongbin froze before moving forward to wave his palm in front of the man. It was grabbed almost immediately and Hongbin gasped before trying to pull back. “I am not lying. I just happen to have good reflexes and stuff. You can ask my cat.”
 
“You know about my powers?”
 
“Your customers or fans talk too much whenever you are working.”
 
He eventually found out about Taekwoon’s condition through the cat and as stupid as it sounds, he also got Taekwoon’s number from it. He facepalmed himself when he realised the older male’s number had already been in the records. They started talking with each other on the phone for hours, since texting was out of the question. Voice messages were the only other way they could communicate through the phone. The first message sent by Taekwoon was when Hongbin fell into a dark pit after his grandmother passed away. He ignored all the various forms of communication and kept himself locked in his apartment. No one could reach him until the voice message happened. Taekwoon arrived in record time after the younger called him while sobbing. He pulled Hongbin into his arms, cradling him to sleep.
 
The second message was an awkward yet cute attempt to invite Hongbin on a date. Since Hongbin was too busy to answer his calls, it ended up so. That day, the younger’s face nearly broke into half as he grinned widely to himself. Everything about Taekwoon was everything he always wanted. He was his protective barrier and Hongbin was Taekwoon’s safe haven. They were meant to be yet it was short-lived.
 
Taekwoon, belonging to the military, had always been involved in dangerous missions. Especially since the male was highly skilled in controlling his telekinesis powers, the work he had to do worried Hongbin constantly. They fought a few times on it, ultimately leaving Hongbin to accept it and he had always prayed for his lover’s safety. Being sensitive of the other’s feelings, Taekwoon would always make love to Hongbin as a form of apology and to Hongbin, giving himself to his boyfriend was a way of assuring himself that the man will return regardless of the dangers. They were madly in love and it was this love that kept Taekwoon strong and always returning to Hongbin’s warm embrace.

The fourth war that erupted in the midst of a hot summer, however, threatened everything they believed. The world broke into chaos as every individual took a side - for the powerful to rule or for equality. It was an irrational dispute that arose from the horrid brainwashing methods of the former’s group and it tore people apart. Divisions between people increased and prejudices became more common. He could never forget that despite Taekwoon being blind, the sadness reflecting in his eyes was so blatant. “Go,” was all he could say to Taekwoon before he watched his lover plunged himself into the madness. He hoped and prayed for his return. Six faithful months passed and there was still a lack of news of Taekwoon. Another six passed before the war ended and there was still nothing. At the very moment Taekwoon’s colleagues handed over the older’s belongings, Hongbin knew he had lost him.
 

Goodbye XD and thanks for reading!