Not A Ghost

Haunted

'Minho...can I ask you a question?' The younger doctor looked up and he said, 'What is it? Are you ok?' Jinki turned in his chair, away from the patients paper work that he had sat and stared at for over half an hour. Kibums spirit hadn't been bothering him for a while, he figured he had disappeared into room to be with his brother for a while. 'I'm fine but...do you believe in ghosts?' Minho looked a tad confused at the quesiton and he shrugged saying, 'I don't know. I've never seen one. Why do you ask?' Jinki didn't want to say why...as he knew if he told his friend what had been going on the past two weeks, Minho would want him checked into the psych ward but...he had to get it out, this whole situation was eating him alive.

'Jinki?' The older doctor stared at his friend-his best friend and he spoke honestly, 'I think my...new apartment is...' He leaned over the desk and whispered, 'Haunted.' Minho just stared at him and he went, 'Haunted? Is that why you asked if I believe in ghosts?' Before Jinki could respond, someone dropped a file onto their desk and Jonghyun said, 'If I have to fix one more lonely housewives eyelids, I am switching to dentistry.' The two other surgeons stared at the blond man and he went. 'What? Oh, my bad. Did I interrupt the gossip session ladies?' Jinki sat back and he went, 'There was no gossiping.' Jonghyun rolled his eyes and he went, 'Oh yeah, like you were not just whispering sweet nothing into Minho's ear. I would know what that looks like.'

'Oh shut up.' Minho said, standing up and walking away, leaving the other two in silence. 'Wow. What bit him in the ?' Jinki turned to Jonghyun thinking that he had spoken, but the plastic surgeon just stood there glaring. 'Hello? Eh wooo! Over here!' Jinki looked behind Jonghyun and there, looking all two kinds of smug was Kibum. 'What are you doing?!' Jinki shouted out, causing Jonghyun to look at him and then look behind and go, 'Are you...talking to me? Or yourself? Cos that is the first sign of madness.' The spirit behind nodded and went, 'The dinosaur has a point. You should be more careful. And I need to talk to you. Now.' Jinki blinked and Kibum had disappeared and Jonghyun was still staring at him. 'Hyung...are you ok?'

'Uh...yes. Yes. Fine. I have to go.' Jinki took off, walking down the hallway and then he stopped, 'What am I doing?' He sighed, leaning against the wall. 'You're coming with me. Now come on!' Jinki rolled his eyes and followed Kibum into his room-Taemin was still there, but he curled on the bed fast asleep. 'What do you want?' Jinki whispered, trying to keep quiet and Kibum folded his arms and he said, 'How long do I have to stay like this? I need to be with my brother again. Can you wake me up or not?' Jinki was a little taken aback at Kibums abrupt attitude but he slowly breathed and said, 'I can. Well, eventually, not right now. The damage to your brain is really extensive. It took us long enough to get the bleeding to stop.'

'But my brother-' Jinki cut him off and he said, 'I get it! Ok, I really do. But if I bring you out of the coma too soon...you could bleed out, have a heart attack or go into cardiac arrest. I can't risk that. I nearly lost you once.' Kibums eyebrow went up and Jinki's face turned red, then he spoke quickly, 'Uh...I mean he, he nearly lost you once.' He nodded to the sleeping Taemin and he said, 'If you really love him, then you can hang on.' He walked over to Kibums body and he said, 'It won't be long now.' Kibums spirit was quiet and then Taemin stirred, 'Kibum? Did I sleep in again?' The kid rubbed his eyes and then opened them, finally seeing where he was he went, 'Oh...oh god. Still here.'

'Hello. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.' Taemin sat up, looking down at his brothers sleeping body and his brothers spirit beside him looked ready to crumble to the ground. 'Yes well. I better get going, I have things to do.' The young man slowly got off the bed and stretched out his arms, yawning. 'You can...you can stay a little longer...I mean if you want.' Taemin stood up, putting his jacket back on, his tie all askew saying, 'I'm fine. I have to go talk to the building manager of my brothers place and...go to a meeting at work...' Taemin yawned again and Kibum-the spirit of him, moved across the room like he wanted to either hug him or fix his tie. 'Help him.' He whispered to Jinki and the doctor looked at him like, 'How?!' And Kibum went, 'Fix his tie, give him food, just don't let him leave looking like that.'

'Goodbye doctor...' Taemin walked past him and Kibum went, 'His shoelaces! Tell him to fix his shoelaces.' Jinki was at a standstill but he blurted out, 'Tie your shoe!' Taemin stopped and looked at Jinki, his little face still half asleep as he spoke, 'What?' Jinki fixed himself and he said, 'Your...shoelace. Its untied.' Taemin looked down and he went, 'Oh. Oh yeah, I always forget.' He leaned down, tying both his shoes and while he did that Kibum went, 'And his tie. Tell him to fix his tie.' Jinki looked at the annoying spirit and it just went, 'He can never tie one right.' When Taemin stood up, and then Jinki said, 'Ah, wait. Your tie...' Taemins cheeks went pink and he mumbled, 'I can't tie it. I never could; Kibum always would do it. He always made sure I wore one.'

'Here. Let me help.' Jinki stepped over, and helped the kid fix his tie. 'Why are you helping me?' Jinki adjusted the tie for him and he said, 'It's the..least I can do. There. You're ready now.' Taemin looked him up and down before saying, 'Kibum always said that. Thanks I guess...' He went out and Jinki stood there, unsure of what just happened and Kibum behind him went, 'Now you see. I have to wake up.' Jinki turned to him and he went, 'Well then hang on...if after a week nothing changes; I'll bring you out...'