Feeling Weird Today

Haunted

'Jinki? Are you awake?' The older doctor blinked, looking around and saw he was in the cafeteria in work, with Minho and Jonghyun in front of him, one of them looking concerned and the other looking like he was sure Jinki had lost it. 'Oh...sorry. I didn't sleep well.' He really didn't, having your apartment haunted by a spirit of a coma patient wasn't something that could ever help a man sleep. For a spirit or ghost, or whatever he was, Kibum made a lot of noise. And he was always just standing there, watching him. 'Jinki!' The man jumped, nearly spilling his coffee and now both of his friends looked like they were worried about his sanity. 'Are you ok?' Minho asked, looking Jinki over, like he was about to check his temperature. 'Are you sick?'

'Eh, no. No, I'm not.' Jinki doewned the rest of his coffee and Minho went on, 'You sure? Because if you are, maybe you should go home.' Jinki sat up right and he went, 'Oh god no!' He said that rather loudly, startling the two and then Jonghyun got up saying, 'I best go start my shift...before I catch whatever he has.' He practically ran out and Minho faced Jinki again saying. 'Why not hyung? You say you didn't sleep so, maybe going home would be best. I can cover for you here.' Jinki shook his head and he forced a smile saying. 'Oh no! Honestly, I'm just fine. Don't worry about me.' He spoke fast and then checked his watch, 'Op. Time for the shift. I'll see you later.' Jinki walked-with plenty of purpose and made his way out to the waiting room and called for his first patient.

The day went normal, which was how Jinki liked it. He gave two children their flue shots, checked a biker for a broken rib-he had two, and he had to take out a young womans tonsils. Just another day for a busy doctor. In the back of his mind, he knew not knowing how normal his day was now, he knew that would have to go back home to...his guest. He figured he may as well check on the body, so he made his way to the private room that Kibums brother promptly moved him too and went inside. 'Hello again.' He said, standing by the bed, seeing the monitor beep, beep slowly. Mostly everything was the same...except that Kibum was now wearing dark blue silk pajamas instead of the white hospital robe and on the nightstand, was a scented candle that was making the room smell like jasmine. 'I do not think that is very safe.'

He leaned over to blow it out, but then a voice stopped him, 'Please don't.' He looked up, seeing Kibums brother, Taemin at the door, holding a bag and he had his brothers scowl all over his own face. 'You already have my brothers place, so if you don't mind do not blow out his candle. Unless you already took that too.' Taemin came in, pushing past Jinki and the doctor said, 'Ok. I already told you, I did not know that it was your brothers place. Ok, if I had known I would not have-' Taemin cut him off and the young man spoke, sounding like he was older than his years. 'Don't give me that. And don't even think of trying to talk down to me. I am getting my brothers place back and once he wakes up...' Taemins voice cracked a little but he carried on, 'When my brother wakes up, we are taking it back. I highly doubt you know who you're ing messing with, but Kim Kibum takes nothing from no one, not even you. Now get the hell out; at least let him have this room.'

He practically pushed Jinki out and the doctor would be somewhat offended but, he understood why Taemin was acting the way he was. Jinki would act the same, where the situation reversed. 'Now that is my brother...' Jinki jumped right out of his skin, as he saw Kibum in front of him. Was he seeing him around work now? 'What the hell? Why are you here?' The shadowy image of Kibum shrugged and said, 'My body is here. That and I did sort of follow you here. You just didn't see me.' Jinki ran his hands into his hair and he groaned, 'This is so not what I need today. Bad enough you kept me up all ing night long.' Kibum raised both his eyebrows and went, 'Doctor. Watch your language.'

Jibki just glared at him and he went, 'If you are really here, go talk to your brother. Stay with him.' Kibums image faded a little as he walked-well rather floated forward and he said, 'I tried. But he can't hear me...' He stared through the window, seeing the young man sitting by his bed and he was reading him something. Looked like a magazine. 'Go inside with him at least. Let him know you're there.' And leave me the hell alone, Jinkin thought inwardly to himself, striding down the hallway away from...whatever it was that he was talking to.

 

'Oh Taemin...' Kibum walked through the wall-still pretty awesome that he could do that. Being in spiritual form was fun at times. He saw his brother, his little boy, his 'adopted child' as people would always joke, as he was always making sure Taemin was taken care of. Yes. the kid was 21 now but Kibum still worried about him. Taemin was sitting by his bed reading a magazine article out loud-it was from Vogue, God bless him he knew that was Kibums favourite magazine. Not that anyone at Mode knew that. 'Everyone at the office is asking for you. I made sure that...no one moved anything in your office.' Taemin reached out and took Kibums hand, and the spirit of him felt it. 'I left everything the way you had it. And...the puppies are at my place.' Oh dear god...Kibum tried to move forward, as he saw his brother about to cry, but he couldn't touch him, his hand just went right through.

'Taemin...Taemin, I'm here.' Kibum said, loud enough that Taemin could have-should have heard him. But he didn't; and when Kibum saw the tear running down his brothers cheek his heart broke. 'I'm gonna wake up. I promise you...'