Still The Same

Haunted

'Any change?' Minho asked, seeing Jinki had already gotten a start and was checking on their coma patient. it had been over two days and well, nothing much had changed, other than he had been moved into the ward and out of ICU. 'No. His heart rate is stable which is good...apparently our boy is a bit of a celebrity.' Minho raised an eyebrow and Jinki smiled saying, 'I did some research this morning. Come and see this.' He lead Minho out, taking him to his office and fired up his laptop. 'He was Internet sensation-apparently, making videos about beauty and how to lose weight.' He showed Minho the mans website and YouTube channel, the younger man standing back folding his arms, 'I'm impressed. So what was he doing outside those offices now?' Jinki scrolled down and he said, 'That's where he works now: Mode magazine as their creative director. And part time designer.' He shut down his laptop and Minho went, 'Damn, so we got a celebrity in the hospital? The nurses will go crazy.' Jinki looked at him and he went, 'We do not let this get too far. Lord only knows what sort of people could be floating around here if it gets out.' Jinki had no time for obnoxious famous people-and judging by the videos and blog posts he had looked at, this guy was the embodiement of 'I'm Better Than You, So Act Like Me.'

'Does he have family?' Jinki nodded, stretching feeling tired, even though it was only ten in the morning. 'Yeah...he has a brother, he showed up last night but...poor kid was in bits.' Jinki didn't think he would ever forget that cute, crying face and that little voice begging him to keep his brother alive. 'Anyway, I have some other news. I found a new place.' Minho smiled, sitting down saying, 'Finally, moving out that box you're living in hm?' Jinki let that jibe go and he said, 'Yes. This place is just come on the market. Apprently whoever lived their before, never caught up with the rent so...yeah, I check it out tomorrow.' It was a nice apartment too; bigger than his old place and now that he had some extra money saved he was able to afford it. 'Anyway, on with the day...'

 

 

Jinki left Minho to it, the younger doctor watching him: He looked so...stressed. Like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. Minho carried on down the hall and he was walked through the waiting area only to bump into someone. 'Oh, gosh I'm...I'm...' He stopped, seeing the perfect creature in front of him, holding a black bag that looekd way too expensive to be in this place. The young man had a cute face-pink lips and cute puppy dog eyes-he could have passed for a girl had he not been sporting broad shoulders and strong looking arms. 'I'm sorry I...are you ok?' The young man smiled and he said, 'It's ok. I'm here to see my brother. Kim Kibum.' Minho stood up and he said, 'Ah...yes. This-this way.' God, what was wrong with him? Minho had meant cute boys before but...this kid was something else. He was...beautiful. 'I hope I didn't forget anything. Everyone at the office would get upset...they all sent him presents.'

'The office?'

'Yes. at Mode magazine. I'm my brothers assistant. I'm Taemin by the way.' Minho lead the young man into the ward and he said 'He is pretty much the same.' Taemin walked over to the bed and he said, 'I think I'll arrange for him to get a private room. Thank you.' The young man moved across to the other side of the bed, pulling over the curtain, shutting out Minho and the rest of the ward. 'Well...you're welcome.' He stepped back and walked out, trying get his own heart rate under control.

 

Taemin looked over Kibums poor still form and gently took his hands. 'I'm here again hyung. I made sure to bring some of your things for you.' He didn't have the heart to tell Kibum what happened: his apartment was gone. He had tried to reason with the landlord, but since Kibum had been here, Taemin...well he had forgotten to take care of the rent. He really prayed that Kibum would wake up and forgive him once he told him but...he didn't have the heart. One thing at a time, he told himself. 'Here we go hyung...' He lifted out a bottle of Kibums good moisturiser-he did save all his brothers things, he supposed that was most important and put some onto his face and hands. 'You would kill me if I let your skin go dry. Particularly if any more cute doctors are running around.' He felt his cheeks flush, thinking about that handsome doctor that he spoke to a few nights ago and then that tall glass of water that helped him get here. 'Here...I brought a face mask too.' He unwrapped it and carefully laid it on his brothers face, gently spreading it so no air bubbles. 'I have the puppies as well. I told you that right?'

Taemin looked at his poor brother, really unsure of how many more days and nights he would be here. 'I miss you...' Taemin sat and laid his head on the bed, holding onto Kibums hand. 'Don't leave me too soon ok?'