Time To Wake Up?

Haunted

'Hey! Taemin!' Taemin turned around, balancing files in his hands and doing his best not to drop them or his coffee-he usually doesn't drink it but lately he's been downing it like mothers milk ever since Kibum had been in the hospital. 'Hello...' He said to the man in front of him who was tall, broad shouldered and had a great smile. His brown hair was styled really nice and his skin looked good-not as good as Kibums would on the daily but still. He was wearing a dark blue sweater, dark jeans and sneakers but somehow he made it work. Taemin just adjusted his pile of files and said, 'The models are to be here at noon, its barely ten.' He said it thinking this guy was lost but the man just blushed red and went, 'Oh no. I'm not a model; its me, Dr...I mean Minho from the hospital.' Taemin blinked, looking the tall glass of water over again and finally it clicked. 'Oh yes...you aren't wearing your doctor clothes.' Not that he didn't look good outside of blue scrubs but still, Taemin was good at observing things.

'Ah. Yes, well today is my day off. I just...wanted to check on how you were.' He came all the way to the offices were Taemin was working-well the street they were on but hey, just to see how Taemin was doing? 'That and I brought this.' Minho had something in his hands, and when he lifted it up Taemin saw it was a blue lunch box. 'I made this for you. It's only chicken and rice, but I wanted to make sure you were eating. And protein is really important, keeps you fit.' He held it out to Taemin and the young man was really unsure of two things: one, how in the hell was he supposed to take it, without dropping any of his files and second...why was Minho doing this? Why did he bother coming all the way here? To the other side of town? 'Um...thank you? But if you don't mind me asking...why?' Minho smiled, surprising Taemin by taking one of his files and placing the lunch box into his free hand. 'Call it...a doctor checking on a patient or...a friend. Checking on his other...would be friend.'

'Would be friend?' Taemin asked, feeling a smile spreading across his face-the first in a while and he could feel the weight that had sunk into his chest, ease up a little. 'Yes. I mean...I was worried about you the other day. You looked pretty worn out and, I was worried that you weren't eating. So...yeah. Hope thats ok?' The big guy shrugged, looking all too adorable and Taemin said, 'Um...this looks pretty big and eh, well there is a juice bar near by. If you...feel like joining me later?' He asked the question and it barely hung in the air before Minho jumped up like a puppy and said, 'I would love that!' Taemin grinned and persauded Minho to give him back his other file and he said, 'I'll see you later?' Minho nodded, that stupid big grin on his face and then...he leaned over and quickly kissed Taemins cheek. It happened really fast, so Taemin barely had a chance to react before the older went, 'See you. I'll meet you at the juice bar ok?'

Taemin waved-well he tried to, his hands were full and then walked into the office feeling...happy. He hadn't really smiled in a while and after just one conversation with Minho and him giving Taemin that adorable lunch box which, when Taemin opened it he found a note inside saying, 'Eat well Taemin!' He got on with his day, making sure anything that Kibum had waiting for him such as, messages from other editors that he needed to call back, models to sort out and he even updated his brothers blog-he had posted that Kibum was sick and there was no many lovely posts and comments Taemin was feeling the love from Kibums fans. After about four hours and five cups of coffee, it was lunch time already. He got his lunch box-feeling a bit like a kid but he was too happy to care. He walked out, heading down to the juice bar across the street and there was Minho, sitting at a table with two drinks in front of him. They were the pink strawberry and banana ones, with a cute little umbrellas in them.

'I hope you don't mind me ordering. I love this one, its my favourite flavour.' Taemin sat down and he said, 'Its mine too...' They both clinked glasses, like in some cheesy chick flick and Minho made sure Taemin ate all the chicken and rice. He even bought him a frozen yogurt after, which was really sweet-he put chocolate chips on it, which Kibum would never allow as he was always on some health kick. 'Is everything alright?' Taemin wasn't sure how he would answer that; he knew Minho was asking about food or whatever but...it felt like an open question. 'Um...yeah the...yogurt is really good.' Taemin looked down, feeling his throat close up, and Minho went, 'I wasn't asking about the yogurt.'

'I know...' Taemin whispered, feeling tears burn his eyes as he set down his yogurt and he said, 'But I don't know how to answer that quesiton. Because...' He took a shaky breath and whispered, 'I don't know how I am doing. I feel...so alone right now. Balancing all this...Kibums life...his work I just...I can't take it.' He turned away, feeling tears, his voice cracking and then Minhos warm hand was covering his and his deep voice spoke softly, 'You do so much Taemin. But you are not alone, at all in this. Don't you think your brother would want you to stay healthy? You are more important than any job.' Taemin wiped his eyes and then Minho handed him a napkin so he could clean his face. 'I get that but...there is so many people that depend on him and on me. I seriously do not know how he was able to carry all-' He was cut off, his phone ringing in his pocket. 'Dammit, who wants me now?!' He lifted it out, thinking it was maybe a stupid agent of some stupid model who has gotten lost.

But when he answered the phone, it was the doctor, Jinki on the other line...and he said, 'Taemin. Taemin, you need to come down here now.' The young man froze and he said, 'Why? Is he...is he ok?' The doctor was silent and then he said, 'He's more than ok...he's waking up.'