Back To Reality

Haunted

Kibum was in a daze. He had no idea how he ended up in this hospital bed, and why he was asleep for so long. His brother was laying on top of him, holding onto him for dear life, sobbing like he was five all over again and a bad kid called him a girl because of his long hair. 'Taemin...its ok. Please, little boy stop crying.' Kibum hated it when Taemin cried because his brother was always so resilent and strong...so when he cried it was a big deal. 'I'm sorry...hyung, I just missed you.' Taemin lifted his head and Kibum wiped his tears away with his hand. 'I know, I missed you too. How did I get here?' Taemin ran a hand over his hair-which looked messier than usual and his face looked pale. 'There was...an accident. You...were hit by a car, outside the office. There was so much blood, I thought you were...that you were...' Kibum pulled Taemin back into his arms and said, 'Don't say it. I'm here now, I'm alive.' He was alive...and he was never leaving his brother again.

'And please stop crying...' Taemin sat up, looking at Kibum a small smile on his face and he said, 'You're crying too hyung.' He wiped Kibums face and the older man went, 'You know I'm the emotional one.' They both laughed and Taemin helped Kibum sit up, the older man really feeling like his body was made of stone. 'You sure it was just a car that ran me over and not a monster truck? I feel like ...' Taemin rolled his eyes, getting Kibum more water and he said, 'Only you would make jokes after being in a coma.' Kibum sipped his water, his hand feeling like it hadn't been used in years. 'How long was I out?' Taemin took off his shoes-only he would, and Kibum was too tired to scold, and curled up beside his brother. 'Three weeks. Almost a month...' Three weeks? Kibum tried not to panic, but his heart did start to beat a little faster. 'OK...and, tell me what, what has been happening? The office!'

'Oh my god, what has been going on at work? What did you tell them?' Taemin held up his hands and said, 'I've taken care of everything.' The younger man yawned and it was only then that Kibum saw how tired his brother looked. 'Aww Tae...' He reached out, petting his brother on the head, really wishing they were back at his apartment and he would cook his brother food and keep on feeding him until he was happy and not all sad anymore. 'It will be nice once I get out of here. I can't wait to see my...what?' Taemins face fell, and he looked away from Kibum. 'Taemin.' The younger man sighed and said, 'OK...about the apartment...I sort of...forgot to pay that last rent check you gave me...'

'What?!'

'I know, I know. I'm sorry! I meant to after work, but when I finally remembered, the landlord wouldn't take it! He said we had waited too long and he had rented the place to someone else.'

'WHAT!? So, you're telling me, while I have been here someone else-a stranger, has been living it up in my apartment?!'

'Yes. Hyung. I'm so sorry. I was just...so busy with keeping everyone at the office happy and...coming here to see you...'

Kibum saw the look on his poor brothers face and...his stupid anger went out the window. Taemin had been keeping his world alive while he had been in here and he had no right now to be mad. 'No. I'm sorry. By the look of you, you've done nothing but work your off while I've been here. I'm really proud of you Taemin.' The kid smiled and he said, 'So...you're not mad about the apartment?' Kibum raised an eyebrow and he went, 'I am a little. And trust me, once I can feel my legs, I am marching up to that landlord and getting my place back. But for now...I'm just happy to be alive.'