Gotta Stay Alive

Haunted

Kibum felt it. Something warm brush his cheek and then leave as soon as it came. He touched his cheek, feeling a blush run over his skin and he had no idea what to make of it all. He sighed, letting out a breath-ironic, seeing as he was still a floating image. 'Who are you?' Kibum jumped, looking around seeing the darkened room he was in, thinking was someone in there with him but...no. The only other person in the room was a little boy, with a sling around his arm and several other bruises and cuts on his cute little face. 'Can...can you see me?' The little boy rubbed his eyes and said all sleepily, 'Yeah of course. Are you a doctor?' Kibum felt a little weirded out that another person could see him and he said, 'Um...no. I'm a patient here too.'

'I saw you walk through the wall. Are you a ghost?' Oh great. The kid saw right through him. 'No I am not a ghost. I'm a patient here. I'm the...guy in a coma.' He folded his arms, bracing himself and waited for the kid to freak out but instead the boy sat up, 'Oh my gosh! You're the Sleeping Man! Everyone talks about you.' Kibum stood up, and he said, 'Well. People would be stupid not to. What do they say?' The little boy adjusted himself and he said, 'Well, not much. Another kid here, told me that you sleep all the time and the doctors don't know when you'll wake up.' Kibum moved forward, seeing as this kid didn't seem to be afraid of him. 'Yes well...I've been hearing that myself.'

'I did hear a group of nurses earlier... when I was getting my sling for my arm.' Kibum raised an eyebrow and he went, 'Oh really? And what did you hear?' The boy had this glint in his eye that reminded Kibum of himself when he was that age. 'They said you were really handsome and it's a shame you're not awake, cos they would want to hear your voice.' Kibum couldn't help but laugh and he went, 'Oh well, thats not the first time someone has told me that. Did they say anything else?' The boys face scrunched up like he was eating a lemon and he went, 'Well...one nurse said that she wouldn't mind kissing you to see if that woke you up.'

'Oh my...' Kibum blushed again and he went, 'Well, that would be worth a try. Were the nurses pretty?' The boy still had on that weird scrunchy face and he went, 'I don't know. My mother says I'm too young to look at women that way. I doubt I ever will to be honest.' Kibum felt the need to ruffle the kids hair, like he did when Taemin said something cute but sadly had to refrain. He knew it wasn't a kiss that would wake him...he felt a kiss on his cheek and he knew it had to be Jinki. Aww Jinki...that doctor was both a person he was beginning to trust and a right pain in his . He went back to the moment they had a few minutes ago...Kibum knew that had he not been away from his body and awake...he would have let Jinki kiss him. He wanted him to.

'Are you ok?' He looked again at the kid and he went, 'Oh...sorry I was just...thinking. Anyway. Enough of me, what happened to you?' The kid looked at his arm and he went, 'Oh...well, I fell off my bike.' Kibum saw the look on the kids face, he saw that look on his brothers face all the time...when he was holding something back. 'Really? You just...fell off your bike?' The poor boys bottom lip trembled and he said, 'Well...truth is, I didn't just fall. A big kid pushed me off. He was yelling at me, making fun of my clothes and well...' A tear ran down the boys cheek and Kibum wanted nothing more than to hug him and make sure no bully touched or even looked at him again. 'Hey, listen to me.'

The boy looked at him and he said, 'Never let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do. Bullies will attack, but thats only because they can't fund the courage in them that you have to be different. Ok? Can you remember that?' The kid wiped his eye and he went. 'OK. I think I can. But...can I ask you one thing?' Kibum nodded and then the kid said, 'Boys that wear make up...can still be with girls right?' Kibum burst out laughing and he went, 'Of course. Honestly, I find that guys need it more than girls. You should the security staff in my office.' That made the boy laugh and it was so sweet and pure, that Kibum felt his heart squeeze. Thsi kid was just like Taemin...cute, sweet and an all round good kid.

'Sleeping Man...do you think when you wake up...you can teach me about make up?'

'Try and stop me...I taught my brother, I can teach you.'