What Do You Remember?

Haunted

'Doctor! Doctor! Come quick!' The young nurse, grabbed Jinki's arm and pulled him down the hall, right into Kibums room. The man on the bed, was...moving around and groaning. 'Oh my god.' Jinki ran over, looking down at him and the nurse was panicking, 'I swear he was silent, then he started...oh my god, I swear nothing happened!' Jinki patted her shoulder and said, 'It's ok. Calm down...I think he's waking up.' Jinki turned back to Kibum, gently reaching out to touch his cheek and he whispered, 'Kibum? Kibum...please wake up.' The younger man shifted on his bed and Jinki swore he heard the words, 'Water...please...' The nurse must have heard aswell as she ran like a maniac and grabbed a glass, bringing it over, both of them helping Kibum drink a little. Then, the man coughed a few times and then...he opened his eyes.

'Kibum...Oh Kibum...' Jinki looked down at him, smiling as he was finally seeing those beautiful brown eyes for real and not just a faded spirit image. Those eyes were now searching around the room, looking scared and then back at Jinki. 'Where...where am I?' Jinki knew this would happen; Kibums short term memory would not be the same. He cleared his throat and he spoke gently, 'You're in the hospital. You had an accident. What do you remember last?' Kibum shook his head, looking all kinds of terrified and he went, 'No...Nothing. I..I was with my brother and we were...going to get food and...nothing. I don't remember anything else.' Jinki could see him start to panic and he placed his hand over Kibums and he said again in his gentle voice, 'It's ok. You're awake now, thats all that matters.'

'Awake?! Awake, how long was I asleep?! And where is my brother? Is he ok?' Kibum tried to sit up, but Jinki knew if he tried too soon, he would hurt himself. 'Kibum.' He used his firm doctor voice and he said, 'You have to relax. Your brother is fine, he's on his way to see you. Ok, I'm going to call him now.' Kibum nodded, and he settled back down, but his face still looked pale. 'Um...ok well. I guess I'll go call him.' Jinki made himself leave, walking to the nearest phone and dialling Taemins number. What did he think would happen? That when Kibum woke up, that he would remember him and throw himself into Jinki's arms? Jinki was probably 90% sure that Kibum would hardly return his feelings anyway. He was...well Kibum was who he was and Jinki was who he was. 'Hello?' Taemins little voice came on the line and Jinki said, 'Taemin...you had better come to the hospital...Kibum is awake.'

It didn't take long for Taemin to show up, with Minho just behind him-Jinki wasn't in the mindset to ask about that, but he would surely later on and the poor kid ran for his brothers room. 'Taemin...' That was all Kibum had to say, before Taemin took three steps and threw himself onto his brother and sobbed like a baby. 'Aww Tae...' Kibums arm went around him and his hand went to his head, his hair. Jinki felt like he was invading so he stepped back, closing the door to give them privacy. 'So...he finally woke up?' Jinki nodded, and Minho stood next to him and he said, 'Are you ok hyung?' The doctor nodded and he said, 'Of course. Our patient has woken up...thats...thats all that matters.'