Coma

Haunted

'His heart rate is getting weak again...' Jinki stood over the operating table, the body on top losing blood, losing life way too fast. 'How in the hell did this happen? What kind of car hit him?' The other doctors were frantic, Minho trying his best to help and Jinki was battling a blood clot in this mans brain. 'This is insane...if this gets ayn worse I'm really worried.' Minho patted his shoulder and he said, 'You can do this. His heart rate is getting a little faster. What do you need?' They kept going, Jinki trying and trying, but when it seemed like they were getting somewhere, the poor guys heart rate went up and didn't stop. 'Not again! Minho!' Other doctor moved to his other side and he tried to resusitate but the beeping got louder. 'He's going into shock. Get me a crash team in here now!'

'We don't get his heart rate back down, he could have a heart attack.' Jinki pressed agaisnt the open wound in the mans skull, the blood clot finally under control but it seemed the loss of so much blood was taking its toll. 'Come on...come on..' The crash team rushed in, everything happening in slow motion. Jinki watched the monitors, praying to anyone that would listen as the crash team called, 'CLEAR!' Once, twice and then...'beep, beep...beep..' They all let out a breath and Minho said, 'We can't do this all night.' They had been operation for over eight hours and Jinki wasn't sure what day or time it was. 'He's stable for now...let's clean him up and get him to ICU.' The clean up was silent, the only sound in the room was the beeping of the machines and within five minutes, the poor guy was settled into the ICU. 'Come on hyung...we can start fresh tomorrow.'

Jinki nodded, letting Minho go and he stared through the glass, watching the patient and then outside he heard shouting. He turned his head, and a young man burst through the double doors, shouting and crying for the world to hear. 'WHERE IS HE!? WHERE IS MY BROTHER?!' Jinki could see secturity behind him, and rushed over saying, 'It's ok. It's ok, just go!' He watched the guards move away and he caught the young man by the shoulders, trying to calm him down. 'I'm sorry, but you can't be down here.' The poor kid was weeping so hard, his body was shaking and his face was all red. 'Please...where is he? My...my brother.' Jinki helped the kid to his feet and he said, 'He is stable. For now. But i'm sorry you can't be here, this unit is for doctors only.' The young man grabbed into Jinki's scrubs and he whispered, his eyes filled with tears, 'Please...I just want to see him. Please.'

Jinki did feel for him. He had his duty as a doctor, but...if it was his brother on the bed he would be crying and pleading too. 'Alright. But you have to stay behind the glass.' The kid nodded and Jinki lead him down the hall and he said, 'What is your name?' The kid sniffed, Jinki handed him a tissue and as he blew his nose he said, 'My name is Taemin. Oh my god...' The kid pressed himself agaisnt the glass and his little face crumbled in sorrow and it almost made Jinki want to hug him. Almost. 'He lost a lot of blood, but thankfully we have him stable for now...' Taemin looked at him and he whispered, 'Is he...going to die?' Jinki ran a hand over his hair and he said, 'I would love to say no, but as of now I'm not sure. We had to...put him into a coma.'

Taemin made a sound that was between a cry and a whimper before saying, 'This is my fault...if...if I wasn't so stupid and forgetful.' He wiped his eyes and said, 'We were going out and...I forgot something and went back into the office...I get half way back and...there was shouting and...screaming and...Kibum was on the ground...there was so much blood.' The kid shoved his hands into his hair, his shoulders shaking and Jinki approached him, this time placing a hand on his shoulders. 'You shouldn't blame yourself. You should get home now. I'm sure your brother wouldn't want you to be here all upset. You should rest.' Taemin breathed deeply and he even smiled a tiny bit, 'Yeah...he would want me to...get some sleep.' He stepped back and rummaged into his suit jacket and handed Jinki a card. 'Call me, anytime if he wakes up. I will...get some of his things and bring them in the morning.'

Jinki looked at the card and saw a cartoon drawing of two poodle dogs in the corner and underneath it said, 'Key's Knowhow: Your Personal Beauty And Lifestyle Saver.' He had no idea what that meant but took the card anyway, making sure to tell the poor kid he would call and then made sure he got to a cab safely. Poor kid...he went back in, changed his clothes and then headed home himself...it had been a long night. He almost lost a patient...that had never happened before. He checked on the patient-Kibum apparently his name was, one more time before slowly walking out and going home.