Only Short Term

Haunted

'Hello Kibum. How are you today?' Jinki walked into the room, trying to ignore the ache in his chest, every time the man in the bed looked at him. 'Bored as . As always. Do I have to stay here much longer?' Jinki looked over his paper work and he spoke in his 'I'm A Professional' voice, 'No, not much longer. We have your injuries taken care of, so hopefully go home tomorrow. Do you remember anything else?' Kibum sighed, laying back and going, 'I know my name, my brother's name, where I work and who I am. But anything about that night or after...nothing.' Jinki again ignored the ache in his chest and he said, 'Well. No matter, anything you didn't remember may come back. However, thats not what is important. I'll get your discharge papers sorted.' 

He walked across the room, ready to walk out and get on with his day and maybe ask Minho to check on Kibum later when the man said something, 'Wait a second...' Jinki stopped, and looked at Kibum who set down his book and said, 'I owe you a thank you.' Jinki froze, unsure of what to say but he didn't get a chance as Kibum went on, 'You took great care of me according to my brother. You even let him stay over a few times. Thanks. I won't forget that.' Not like you can recall much else, Jinki thought but he pushed the bitter thought away and he smiled, 'Its my job. No thanks necessary. But I have to say...you definitely made your mark around here. There are...some nurses that would love to talk to you. If you wanted?' That made Kibum smile, and it was so beautiful, lighting up his whole face-he even had a dimple in his cheek, which Jinki never failed to notice. 'Hey. It would make sitting in here all day a bit more fun. I'm used to the attention, I just hope they don't mind my appearance. I'm such a mess.'

'Oh stop, you look perfect.' Jinki said the words without thinking, then as they left his lips, Kibums smile grew and his face went red. 'Wow.' Jinki cleared his throat and he went, 'Um, yes. Anyway...I better...yeah.' He opened the door, nearly hitting himself on the head earning another giggle out of his patient and then he dashed out, before he could make an of himself even more. He leaned against the door, letting out the breath he had been holding. Why did Kibum have such an effect on him? He had partners before-men and women, but none of them made him feel this way. Stuttering, heart hammering, palms sweating...this was not right. As a doctor, if he had to give himself a diagnosis he would say he was sick and needed to rest. But as a man, he would say...he was falling in love. And now there was no way out.

Not that he ever had a way in, but now that Kibum was awake and of course, didn't remember him...it only made the ache in his chest hurt even more...