Moving On

Haunted

#Taemin was beyond exhausted. He hadn't meant to fall asleep while he was with Kibum but one minute he was reading, but his eyes got really heavy and soon he found himself drifting off on Kibums bed and he woke up, seeing the doctor again. He hated how he was rude towards the older man, he didn't really do anything wrong but he was more ticked off at himself for missing Kibums rent and losing his place. He had been projecting his own anger at himself out on the poor guy. He was really shocked when the guy fixed his tie and mentioned about his shoes, made him think of Kibum. It was almost like his brother was in the room...which he technically was. 'I miss you hyung...'

'Sorry?' Taemin blushed seeing that tall doctor that had helped him the last time he had visited his brother. 'Sorry, did you...did you say something?' Taemin stood up straight-Kibum always said to carry yourself with pride and always stand at your full height and he said, 'No. Sorry, I was just...on my way out.' He looked again at the tall guy-big brown eyes so bright and sparkly he looked like a golden retreiver. His brown hair was styled perfectly and was all shiny. He was really handsome. And Taemin was still staring...ok stop staring. 'Do you...need me to help you find your car or anything?' Jeez, this dude was eager. Taemin could hear Kibum in his head, 'We walk dogs sweetie, we don't date them.'

'Um...I'm good. But, I'll be back tomorrow.' The man smiled and waved at him saying, 'See you then!' Taemin smiled, feeling his cheeks turning red again as he walked out and into his car. That doctor was really cute...he felt bad now he didn't catch his name.

 

'I cannot go on like this.' Kibum was freaking out, and Jinki was trying his best to keep him calm while around his body but, there was no telling him anything. 'I cannot live this way! My brother is all alone, he needs me!' Jinki tried to stand in front of him, but naturally Kibum walked right through him. 'Kibum!' Jinki said firmly and the fading ghost stopped, staring at him with wide eyes, and JInki carried on, 'I need you to relax. Ok? Please can you do that?' He was asking a ghost to calm down...had ot be something very wrong with that. 'OK. Now, I understand that you are really, really upset. But you have to work with me here. Getting worked up will help no one.' He said the words carefully, trying not to set Kibum off again. He could already hear the poor guys heart rate going up a little bit.

He half expected Kibum to go off, but he didn't...instead he said, 'You're right. I can't get worked up.' He looked at his body, so still and sleeping away. Jinki didn't know what he was thinking, and he certainly didn't know what was about to come out of the mans mouth next. 'My brother will need someone...to keep an eye on him.' Jinki nodded slowly and said, 'He has someone. He always will.' Kibum nodded and he kept looking down as he whispered, 'I need you...Jinki, to be that person.' The doctor stopped and he wasn't able to respond so Kibum kept going, 'I need you, to watch over him. Taemin is the only family I have and I will not pass on, knowing he's alone. Promise me...that you'll keep him safe...and let me go.'

'What? How...No! No, I won't!'

'Jinki, listen to me-'

'No! You listen to me.' Jinki walked over the bed and looked the damn spirit in the eye and went, 'I read about you. I saw your blog posts, I saw all your vidoes, the interviews you've done.' He saw a tear run down the spirits face but he carried on. 'I read about a young boy from Daegu, who grew up with literally nothing, his step brother his only friend...coming to the big city to make it and he did. Because he worked and worked, pushing himself.' Jinki felt tears of his own forming in his eyes but he kept on. 'I used to think that guy was a know it all, someone who was privileged in life. But no...in him I saw myself. And I will not, let that guy go. No matter how much you beg me. I will not lose you.'

He reached over, wanting to touch Kibums hand, but his own just slid through, but he kept it where Kibums was resting. 'Jinki...' The older leaned over, knowing he would maybe only hit thin air, but he didn't care...he got about an inch away, when the door opened startling him. 'Jinki? What are you doing in here?' Minho stood in the doorway and Jinki felt his face go red. Kibums form had disappeared, probably hiding somewhere which made it all better. 'Oh...nothing. Just checking on him. Is anything wrong?' Minho gave him a weird look and he went, 'Um, some kid and his mother are waiting outside. Poor kid fell off his bike, and she's worried he's broken his arm.'

'Ah..well, I'll be right there. Take him to x-ray will you? I need to use the restroom first.' Minho nodded, still looking at Jinki in a weird way and then he left...leaving Jinki alone. He looked one more time at Kibum and then leaned down and kissed his cheek. 'I'll be back...'